Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I've been walking my dogs at night in this neighborhood for 20 years, and in the last five or six years one yard I regularly pass has a chain link fence right up to the sidewalk, and inside has been a 60 pound male Pitbull (just a pup five or six years ago) and an 80 pound female German Shepherd (who was a pup about four years ago). Well, they both go nuts like they're just dying to get out and attack whichever dog I'm walking past them each night, but it never really occurred to me they could get loose, since the fence and gate are all in good condition, and the gate is always fastened.

And tonight, as usual, they stormed the fence and went wild like they were desperate to get out to get my dog (a large, 80 pound, functional type, bulldog) and, as usual, they were stuck behind the fence, and my dog just ignored them as we passed. However, for some reason, on this particular night, the thought occurred to me, "What the hell would I do if they somehow got out?" I'd have a hell of a time dealing with a fight between my dog and those two all by myself, and shooting the Shepherd and Pit would only be a last resort, and a very undesirable one.

Anyway, so now it's time to come back home, and I pass near the property again, but now, in the darkness down the street (about fifty yards from their yard), I could just make the two of them out running around loose.

Oh crap! They see us and immediately start barking and charging towards us with obvious menacing intention. As they closed on my dog, he had his eyes sharply on them, with an alert posture. When they got within a few feet, he lunged forward with a roar, and those two practically fell over themselves to make a last second turn on a dime, then ran off with their tails between their legs, heading in the direction of their yard. I told him good boy, and gave him a pat on the back.

I thought that was hilarious. All these years acting like they were bad to the bone, and were going to have my dog for dinner if they ever got the chance. grin

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Riveting.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too funny.

I've had those premonitions before, just before something really does happen. It's a strange thing.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Too funny.

I've had those premonitions before, just before something really does happen. It's a strange thing.
Yeah, the very thing that occurred to me might happen, did happen. Somehow those two dogs were running loose in the street. You have to wonder what the hell happened.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Jesus man , are you really that lame ? Carry a compact 45 , a good sized lock blade t that you can open with one hand , and a healthy walking stick , a stout one .
Only thing that has to be visible is the stick .
I’ll be damned if I’d take that chance , [bleep] could have gotten fuggin ugly real quick .
Kenneth

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Carry a club, a cane, walikin' stick.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Both a lockblade (kept razor sharp) and a handgun at all times.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Beautiful dog, he doesn't look like he needs much help.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 673
grin Thanks.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Dogs get in a real deal kill mode a stick is better than nothing , but often won’t stop tha attack , a stab to the hilt between shoulder blades will disable or kill pretty quick
If push comes to shove a 45 cap will stop it real quick , just try to get angle were the bullet isn’t likely to go bouncing into somebody or a home
I know some areas that’s almost impossible , that’s why you do for the shoulder blades
Will be a more stationary target than the head
Or through the ribs blade up iand rip upwards on with drawl
It might take couple to shut it down , but it won’t take long
I don’t want to hurt any bodies dog but before I watch mine get mangled or me attacked , I’ll kill that MFer
Kenneth

Last edited by Kenneth66; 10/15/23.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673
Agreed. I'd run from that sumvamitch too!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have been carrying bear spray walking my GSD. Some of the neighbor ranches have dogs that roam and I would feel like crap if I had to shoot one to break up a fight.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Axe handle…….😳

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Reading your post brought to mind stories I’d read that Frank Glaser made mention of in the book Alaska’s Wolfman The 1915-55 Wilderness Adventures of Frank Glaser. In the book he talks about going to “town”, which for Frank was usually the town of Healy but sometimes he’d make the trek to the big city of Fairbanks with his sled dogs. It struck me how casual Frank was when it came to his dogs getting into a fight with other sled dogs when he went to town. When he had his half or quarter wolf-dogs with him he said the other dogs were usually not interested in fighting…..except one little puffball terrier. His wolf-dog never hurt that stupid mutt and it often played like it was scared of the tiny terrier, whimpering and hiding in his box…other dogs weren’t so lucky and if I recall correctly no other dogs were the beneficiary of Kenai’s playfulness. I tried to imagine the scenes he described with a hundred sled dogs barking, clamoring and fighting constantly and the relaxed way in which he seemed to deal with it all.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I've been walking my dogs at night in this neighborhood for 20 years, and in the last five or six years one yard I regularly pass has a chain link fence right up to the sidewalk, and inside has been a 60 pound male Pitbull (just a pup five or six years ago) and an 80 pound female German Shepherd (who was a pup about four years ago). Well, they both go nuts like they're just dying to get out and attack whichever dog I'm walking past them each night, but it never really occurred to me they could get loose, since the fence and gate are all in good condition, and the gate is always fastened.

And tonight, as usual, they stormed the fence and went wild like they were desperate to get out to get my dog (a large, 80 pound, functional type, bulldog) and, as usual, they were stuck behind the fence, and my dog just ignored them as we passed. However, for some reason, on this particular night, the thought occurred to me, "What the hell would I do if they somehow got out?" I'd have a hell of a time dealing with a fight between my dog and those two all by myself, and shooting the Shepherd and Pit would only be a last resort, and a very undesirable one.

Anyway, so now it's time to come back home, and I pass near the property again, but now, in the darkness down the street (about fifty yards from their yard), I could just make the two of them out running around loose.

Oh crap! They see us and immediately start barking and charging towards us with obvious menacing intention. As they closed on my dog, he had his eyes sharply on them, with an alert posture. When they got within a few feet, he lunged forward with a roar, and those two practically fell over themselves to make a last second turn on a dime, then ran off with their tails between their legs, heading in the direction of their yard. I told him good boy, and gave him a pat on the back.

I thought that was hilarious. All these years acting like they were bad to the bone, and were going to have my dog for dinner if they ever got the chance. grin

[Linked Image]

LOL, Happy Camper couldn't have come up with a better yarn.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Dat a good boy! Get'em Willie!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I vote for an ASP. Wallet pocket carried, the lightweight 21" ... 2 aluminum sections, striking section steel ...just snapping it out into the locked position has deterred dog approaches

Dedicated Master of the Western Influenced Martial Art known simply as "KLIK PAO" !!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Scary schit those suburbs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (2500HD, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 27 invisible), 1,768 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,492,998
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.