-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One scouting trip through the Yak rez, I drove by a shack with a decaying horse on the roof.

No clue how it got up there. Or why they didn’t take it down. Had to stop just to be sure WTF I was seeing was actually what I was seeing. Lol.

Wagon burners are something else....

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by KFWA
I worked in Camden, NJ for a week. The place I worked was across the street from the jail. I would look out and see people standing on the street using hand signals with the people in jail to communicate, supposedly according to the contractor, for drug deals. This was maybe 2003ish?

The contractor has a special arrangement with the city for people working 3rd shift. They didn't have to stop for red lights in town between midnight and 5am, because of the likelihood of them being shot or carjacked.

so, you know.....sounds like a great place to live and work.

I was taking a load from Laredo to Camden in the big rig in 2014. The way my schedule was running, I could have driven until 11pm and parked at the terminal in Camden, and slept there in my truck for an 8am unload. I often did that at terminals in Laredo, South Carolina etc.
I called the terminal in Camden at 4pm to ask if I could park out front for the night.

The secretary gal said, "Don't you have a wife and a mother who want to see you alive again? Because if you do, you don't park for the night in Camden."
Hell I had never been to New Jersey before but I took the lady at her word and arrived there at 9am instead. Driving around Camden is an unbelievable experience, 48 percent nigs and 47 percent wetbacks, it has the highest crime rate and the highest rate of drug addiction of any city in the US.

I saw over 3,000 abandoned houses and apartment buildings. Camden was the most prosperous city in America in 1945. Huge shipyards building destroyers for the Navy. World HQ for Campbells Soup, and RCA records. New Jersey is The Garden State and they shipped those tomatoes to Camden to make soup. Camden had a race riot in 1970, the nigs burned half the city down, and all the white people with jobs left.

Camden today is a nightmare.
I think I spoke to that lady in 2010 or so and she told me I would be safer to park at the rest area on the turnpike for the night

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Has Wolf Point been mentioned yet?

I always thought Wolf Point was a step up from Poplar, but lived there quite a while ago....

And they are both a step up from Browning.
Maybe 2 steps.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Pine Ridge, SD

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Battle Mountain Nevada was named "the armpit of America" when I was living in Round Mountain, NV. I made the comment to friends, they didn't have to drive an hour to get a Big Mac, what does that make us?

Mingo/Logan counties WV. Spent a week there doing time studies at a coal mine.

And, Cairo, IL. Located in Alexander County. The second most corrupt county in the state. A few elections back, it was determined, there were more registered voters than residents. Move along, nothing to see. As my retired ISP buddy would tell me "they quit fixing the streets. There are pot holes that would swallow a VW bug. They just put up saw horses to keep people from driving into them".

That being said, things are looking up. With the majority of public housing being condemned (HUD fraud), the demographics of the city have been changing. The state is planning to invest $250 mil in a port. A new bridge to KY will be built in the next 5-10 years. I think the county went R for the first time in one of the recent elections.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Memphis Tennessee in 1984 and 1985 was a serious hell hole even back then. I was stationed at Millington,TN. I had to drive a buddy to a court hearing at the courthouse in Memphis. Hours and hours of hearings everything from stolen property to attempted murder and everything in between. I was only in 1 court room and I believe they had several going that day.
There was one common denominator among 99% of the accused and you don't have to be a sociologist to figure it out!!

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Birmingham Alabama about 7 or 8 years ago. My buddy decided to use his GPS to get to the pig hunting place we were going to. Totally screwed the pooch. We stopped in the WRONG part of town for Whitey to be in. Fortunately it was still daylight. This was before it was fashionable to steal so much from Walmarts that they closed them up. But there the Walmart was locked up tight and out of business.

I made a wrong turn in Chicago one time and had to take Cicero Ave from Int 94 to the bypass which might be 294? Don't remember. I was driving a Honda Civic with a Commander Size 1911 with 1 extra mag. Cicero didn't start out bad but the farther I got away from 94 the worse it got. Towards the end there were [bleep] almost begging you to run them over crossing the street. I did not have enough ammo or people to get me out of that situation. A Platoon of SF would have done well. But alone it was concerning smile

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Flint, Michigan, inner City Atlanta, Memphis, Birmingham, South side Chicago. Pike County Kentucky was pretty depressing. Lots of places in this country not worth visiting much less living in.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Embrace the diversity..... lmao

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Odessa, Texas.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Marshhawk
Birmingham Alabama about 7 or 8 years ago. My buddy decided to use his GPS to get to the pig hunting place we were going to. Totally screwed the pooch. We stopped in the WRONG part of town for Whitey to be in. Fortunately it was still daylight. This was before it was fashionable to steal so much from Walmarts that they closed them up. But there the Walmart was locked up tight and out of business.

I made a wrong turn in Chicago one time and had to take Cicero Ave from Int 94 to the bypass which might be 294? Don't remember. I was driving a Honda Civic with a Commander Size 1911 with 1 extra mag. Cicero didn't start out bad but the farther I got away from 94 the worse it got. Towards the end there were [bleep] almost begging you to run them over crossing the street. I did not have enough ammo or people to get me out of that situation. A Platoon of SF would have done well. But alone it was concerning smile

Happy birthday!

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I drove through Baltimore in 1987 and Oakland in 1979.
They were horrible.

But the do not compare with my father's stories about biz trips to Detroit Arsenal in the 1960s.
My father said the bars had a locked door with a peep hole. If you did not look like a criminal, they opened the door.

Nor do they compare with my friend's stories about biz trips a Detroit factory in the 1990s.
My friend said all cars parked on the street were stripped and burned.
The factory had a perimeter wall 30 feet high with barbed wire.
They opened the gates to let my friend drive in in his rental car, ana closed the gates once he was in.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well I won't admit to being in some of the schitholes I have been in. I don't think it is right to call a place a schithole simply because the people who want to be in power want you dead. I will say the worst places I have been were well populated with either Black or Brown people. To me once a place reaches a certain level of schit I can't pick a winner. In 1979 I really liked Seattle but today I hate thinking about what goes on around Seatac or on Front street. Sad. Same for Portland. At one time I loved sitting on the bank of the Columbia river Sturgeon fishing but today you better be well armed to do so. This thread has made me think how far the country has fallen. Don't think we are going to pull it out of free fall.

Last edited by rickt300; 10/16/23.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I have been pretty successful at avoiding $hit holes.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Just about any Indian reservation. But don’t worry the Government will make their/your life better. It just might take a couple more centuries. Remember to vote Democrat, cause we feel your pain and we’re here to help! grin

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rickt300
I will say the worst places I have been were well populated with either Black or Brown people.

coincidence ? I think not !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Every Democrat run city in America qualifies as a third world [bleep] hole.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I went to Jungle Training School in Panama back in 1978. I had heard that Panama was one of the better Central American countries, but if it was one the the better ones, I don't want to see the bad ones. The only parts of Panama that looked good to me were owned and patrolled by the U.S. military.

One of my wife's friends is planning to retire in Belize, but it doesn't appeal to me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Just about any Indian reservation. But don’t worry the Government will make their/your life better. It just might take a couple more centuries. Remember to vote Democrat, cause we feel your pain and we’re here to help! grin

Reservations generally have terrible school attendance, so the kids don't get an education, don't get ahead.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
We had a plant in Venezuela in the late 80's. We sent some guys down on a project and when they went in the first day they said there was a sand bagged Browning 50 mounted and maned above the gate. They got on the next plane out.

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

298 members (264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 29aholic, 30 invisible), 2,073 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,754
Posts18,476,343
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.