-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just stopped in to say HI! to those I know from previous forums and I hope to form some new friendships here. I'm a 35 year deer, hog, turkey and bear hunter and sometime elk, sheep and antelope chaser. I live in Florida and primarily hunt private leases in Florida, Alabama and Georgia. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it, so I have more guns than I need (notice I said NEED, not want), multiple scopes for every gun (I can't help it, I love good optics) and two ATV's to carry everything into the woods. I hunt every way imaginable and feel the most important thing is just being in the woods. Hopefully, I may be able to contribute on this board from time to time. I look forward to learning something every day! Cheers:-)

There is a very fine line between idiotic and clever. Most internet posters have no idea where it is.
HR IC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Howdy. Another semi-refugee from that other place several have already grumbled about. Looks like a nice place to visit. Mostly hunt deer and woodchucks in PA, and fling BS about firearms, loading and hunting at the drop of a hat.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I thought I had previously posted to this, but I thought wrong. I'm Brian (Hudge), and found out about this sight from Huntamerica.com. I'm currently in the Air Force ,but hope to finish my degree soon, and leave. Seems I never get to hunt and shoot like I did before joining. Oh well. I'm 25, and have a 15 month old son, a of course a wife that puts up with my habit. I'm currently out of the country, but the wife gave me kitchen pass to get another rifle when I retrn shortly. <BR>Now what do i want? I've been to this sight off and on, and I'm glad to see it has finally taken off. Some great people here with some great info.<P>hudge

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hello to all!<P>I'm in Boise, Idaho. Not a very creative individual when it comes to the 'handle'. Have been in the area for 21 years now and have a pretty good idea where the game is located. I love hunting but have reached the point where I don't shoot much big game.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hi yall! I was born and raised in PA. I been here all my 35 years except for 4 yrs in the U.S. Army. I like to hunt deer, rabbits, and squirrel. I reload thru the summer, (7mm mag,.30-06,.308,7x57mm,.25-06,.270,12,16,20gauge) and practice w/ .22LR and .50 cal flintlock. My only other intrest are Am. Civil War history, and a weekly Bible study at our local church. I also like westerns, as you've probably seen. I've been married to the best girl in the world for 16 years, and have a son who's 15. You know him as bighunter. I work in a factory, wich means I don't have nearly all the guns I'd like. Wifey does a little shooting with me, but she won't shoot anything with a kick. She's got no intrest in hunting, but at leaste she eats what we kill. It finaly dawned on her there would be alot of suppers of cornflakes if she couldn't eat deer. I hunt for meat, so I can't be real picky about the size of the horns. I'll be seein' you around.<BR> 7mmbuster

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hi yall! I was born and raised in PA. I been here all my 35 years except for 4 yrs in the U.S. Army. I like to hunt deer, rabbits, and squirrel. I reload thru the summer, (7mm mag,.30-06,.308,7x57mm,.25-06,.270,12,16,20gauge) and practice w/ .22LR and .50 cal flintlock. My only other intrest are Am. Civil War history, and a weekly Bible study at our local church. I also like westerns, as you've probably seen. I've been married to the best girl in the world for 16 years, and have a son who's 15. You know him as bighunter. I work in a factory, wich means I don't have nearly all the guns I'd like. Wifey does a little shooting with me, but she won't shoot anything with a kick. She's got no intrest in hunting, but at leaste she eats what we kill. It finaly dawned on her there would be alot of suppers of cornflakes if she couldn't eat deer. I hunt for meat, so I can't be real picky about the size of the horns. I'll be seein' you around.<BR> 7mmbuster

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I found this site from E4E.<P>My name is Terry, and I'm from Michigan too.<P>I've been reloading and shooting since 1960. Bought my first C-H Mag press then and still have it.<P>Hunted most of North America, and now have gotten addicted to Africa. Been there 12 times so far.<P>I've been the Reloading Chairman for SCI for 10 years, and the Dallas and Houston Safari Clubs for 3 years now.<P>My first wife traded me in, because I shoot, work, and hunted too much. My wife now of 8 years, goes along, and shoots more game than I do. Such a deal I have.<P>I pride myself in answering every e-mail I get from folks that take time to ask questions about reloading and hunting. There are no "dumb" questions, just persistant questions.<P>If its not "Stoney Point", it is Over All Length, or coated bullets.<P>I have very few guns, but several barrels for each one. They are dead black ugly, with Leupold scopes.<P>I enjoy my 338 mag the most, next is a 300 Win and 30-06. <P>Got no use for anything bigger than a 340 Wby.,or high see-thru bases and rings, except the 375 H&H Mag, it is gentleman in a class by itself.<P>This looks like a very interesting group over here, with several names I've seen before. Hope ya don't mind if I will just hang out here and see what happens.<p>[This message has been edited by Terry Blauwkamp (edited February 06, 2001).]

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
May as well jump in here... been on most of the boards.. HA, Shooters, Hunters, AllOutdoors, PosseCountry, CoyoteGods..<P>Anyway.. I mostly train bird dogs as my primary way to waste what little income I have.. but also enjoy reloading(only started a year ago) and hunting coyotes.. Also do some big game hunting here in So NM.. Deer, Elk, Oryx etc..<P>Oh.. yea.. my wife and I both hunt.. shoot 7mmRM, .243, .223, .22lr and 410, 20 and 12 ga... and one front stuffer... T/C Black Dimond<P>------------------<BR>--Steve<p>[This message has been edited by WayCool (edited February 06, 2001).]

--Steve
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hi. I'm 7mmbuster's 15 year old son. I hate having to change the name and password every time I get on here, but it is easy and I'm getting used to it.<BR>I have to put up with both parents, which I do very well. I am also a freshman in Chestnut Ridge High School.<BR>I live in Bedford county, PA. I hunt where there are a lot of deer. I also enjoy squirrel and rabbit hunting. YOu can see more if you check out my profile. Of course I consider the 7x57 mine (It's in my room in a gun cabinet). I also have a 20 gauge shotgun, a .50 caliber flintlock, and a Marlin 880 .22.<BR>Good luck hunting.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Southern Ohio hillbilly, trying to make a living working on rifles. Lots of large whitetails here, most are killed by vehicles. Just about everybody I know is a hunter except for some of the women, kids and wimps. If you don't own about 20 rifles and shotguns around here you are considered an alien. Our Congressional representative is a gun-lovin' democrat. Probably ought to run him for President next time but I don't think he can pass a background check. Later, Taters.

IC B3

M
M
I am a East Tenn hillbilly that has been reloading since 1963 and big game hunting since 1970 when I graduated from school. Have been lucky and be able to hunt most big game of North America except for a few of the sheep. Lately the hills get steeper and it is further across the ridges so I don't hunt as much as I once did. Also my practice keeps me tied down. I don't post much but I check in on the boards every day so I can learn something new.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Live in Illinois! Fish, hunt deer, coyotes, groundhogs. Have 44 mag Taurus and in process of getting Marlin lever 45-70. Use to shoot 243 and Sako 338 mag years ago. Would love to go on a bear hunt! Never been!

L
L
As I was reading through the all the posts I felt I had met a lot of you before at other sites . It's always nice to see friends and meet new ones . I retired to Vermont in 1993 after serving almost 30 years in the US Army as a military physician . I am a reloader , shooter , hunter , skier , and recently a computer nut . I am married to a great lady who has supported all of my idiosyncracies . Life is beautiful !!! Best regards , Ralph Ergas

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Welcome Ralph! Can we call you Doc? Pull up a log and join the fire.<P>Wade

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Howdy I am 45/70 Marlin from South Carolina.I post on many other boards.I enjoy shooting,reloading,hunting,farming,fishing and trapping.I mainly shoot big bore lever actions and revolvers,but occasionally shoot 45 autos,rimfires or Ruger centerfire bolt actions.

L
L
Wade , thanks for the cordial invite ; Ralph is just fine .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm a 45 year old salesman, grew up and still live "down east" in North Carolina, married with 3 children. I collect different kinds of rifles (US military, leverguns, pre-64's Win's). Started hunting with my Dad and uncle when I was about 6, still hunt when I'm not working, National Guarding, or doing family things. Really enjoy this site, it has quickly become my favorite. My handle comes from my SASS alias; I enjoy shooting CAS, and can thank it for re-awakening my enjoyment of leverguns. Odessa

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Hi! I'm from Illinois and many years ago shot/reloaded 243 and 338 mag! After many years away, I am back! Just bought a 44 mag revolver and a Marlin 45-70! Dream is to go black bear hunting ! May start out this fall in Tenn/North carolina. Dream is for Canada /Alaska! I teach phys.ed at elem. level.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 45/70 marlin:<BR><B> Howdy I am 45/70 Marlin from South Carolina.I post on many other boards.I enjoy shooting,reloading,hunting,farming,fishing and trapping.I mainly shoot big bore lever actions and revolvers,but occasionally shoot 45 autos,rimfires or Ruger centerfire bolt actions.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I too just bought a 45-70! Havn't decided on scope yet but considering Leupold 1.5-5. Your choice? Any bear down your way? Taurus<P>

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Taurus,the leupold 1.5x5 is a great scope.I occasionally use a leupold 2x7 compact on one of my 45/70 rifles.There are a few black bears down here,but the hunting is limited.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (222Sako, 1badf350, 3040Krag, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 45 invisible), 3,385 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,726
Posts18,535,034
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.