Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Bought another leupold hd scope. After leveling my action, i threw it on my rifle and while leveling it, I noticed that when I leveled the reticle with a plumb bob string, the main tube and dials are canted counter clockwise about 5 degrees. I then stuck a level on the top turret to confirm this and it was way off. Anyone ever encounter this?

GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Ya need their Beaverton address and phone number on speed dial.

To their credit, they will fix it.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
3rd Repair Trip for my MK4 FFP TMR Spotter and received an update,this morning,after it being gone for a couple weeks. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I reckon for as much of their schit that routinely fhuqking fails,a 7-week turnaround is "good". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
3rd Repair Trip for my MK4 FFP TMR Spotter and received an update,this morning,after it being gone for a couple weeks. Hint.

I reckon for as much of their schit that routinely fhuqking fails,a 7-week turnaround is "good". Hint.

Lmao. Seems like the more you spend, the less you get with leupold now days. Had an old varix iii that would hold dead nuts through anything.

Last edited by Coyote10; 10/17/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a shame,that Reupold has become nothing more,than a sad fhuqking JOKE. Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Coyote10
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Lmao. Seems like the more you spend, the less you get with leupold now days. Had an old varix iii that would hold dead nuts through anything.
Yeah, seems those older friction adjustables seem to work, set and forget, especially the fixed powered ones.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bought another leupold hd scope. After leveling my action, i threw it on my rifle and while leveling it, I noticed that when I leveled the reticle with a plumb bob string, the main tube and dials are canted counter clockwise about 5 degrees. I then stuck a level on the top turret to confirm this and it was way off. Anyone ever encounter this?
Yes, it's been encountered before.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

You think that after maybe a couple complaints, they'd have a small meeting and address the crooked schit on something like a riflescope they sell for 1500 bucks.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

You think that after maybe a couple complaints, they'd have a small meeting and address the crooked schit on something like a riflescope they sell for 1500 bucks.

Why bother? When they could just say we’re all wrong, pretty much laugh in our faces at how stupid we are, and many here and virtually everyone not here will continue to buy them? Why improve when you don’t have to?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Have had it happen with multiple Burris scopes. One was sent back and fixed, the other was sent back to Burris and returned to me with the reticle slightly less crooked. It’s going back again.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by SDHNTR

Why bother? When they could just say we’re all wrong, pretty much laugh in our faces at how stupid we are, and many here and virtually everyone not here will continue to buy them? Why improve when you don’t have to?
Arrogance, condescension?

Somewhere it’s stated, pride goes before a fall.

Now where ya reckon you can find that tidbit of wisdom?

I wish’em well, but arrogance is a dangerous, unproductive attitude.

A little humility and actually listening to one’s customers could go a long way to their good.

DF

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

A little humility and actually listening to one’s customers could go a long way to their good.

DF

You’re right but sadly I think that ship has sailed. Remember that video they did? I was on the fence personally until that stunt. That sealed their fate for me. Adios.

I wish that show could be reposted. I think some around here would benefit.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 10/17/23.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

DF

You’re right but sadly I think that ship has sailed. Remember that video they did? I was on the fence personally until that stunt. That sealed their fate for me. Adios.

Yeah, that video was a slap in the face for us, a victory lap for them when there was no victory to lap.

You may be right, unfortunately.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

DF

If they had set out to do a worse job than they did with that, I don't think they could have. I have bought over a dozen scopes since then. Many would have been Leupold had it not been for their arrogance and the advice to bang the turrets. Only one was. A 1.5-4 on a low recoil lever gun.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 10/18/23.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Leupold lost me as a customer with the Mark 4. It wouldn't track and parallax wouldn't adjust. 2x back to Leupold on the same scope. I've moved on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
More than a decade since my experience with the subject, and Leupold still hasn't figured out how to make a scope without a canted reticle (among other issues)?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...s/canted/Search/true/re-vx-6#Post6399769

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...rue/leupold-qc-strikes-again#Post8506230

Hill Country Rifles over a decade ago decided to no longer sell Leupold because of all the QC issues.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...why-are-some-variables-tough#Post6519697

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-vx-3-vs-night-force-2-10x42#Post9439534

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s the way many companies operate these days. Cheaper overall to fix stuff than make sure it’s good going out the door, correct faulty designs, or even worse, require employees to do things correctly.

My old Ranger was one with a possibly dangerous airbag. Spent half a day getting it fixed at a dealership so it wouldn’t explode in my wife’s face. Now they want it back because it’s possible they put it in upside down!
How does something like that happen?

What fresh Hell is this?
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Some companies shop it out to Chicom slave labor and give the customer the shaft for customer service.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I own a couple of Leupy's still, but haven't bought a new one in several years. So who's buying them now? They seem to still sell about all of them they make.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I almost bought a NX8 10 power, but I decided leupold. Again. I have shot their scopes exclusively for 20 years. I talked with their customer service. They said sent it in and they'll take care of it. I will when I get back from wyoming, as it's my back up rifle. Seems to track and hold zero ok. But that reticle is level and the caps and illumination cap twisted counter clockwise just drives me nuts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,296 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,706
Posts18,494,396
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.