-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Because things can get buried in a Thread. Hint.(grin)

Weather finally simmered,so a guy could see. Starting at the fhuqking start,I like it,which is subjective...so I'll dive in. Hint.

It made it to me in (1) piece,which ain't a bad start. Things are packaged well and the controls make sense. I do wish that it had both a coarse and fine focus,but the single speed is nicer than most. The diopter is exceptional and has a bunch of latitude. Can't imagine anyone being short changed there. Hint.

Controls from stern to stem are a rotating ocular eye relief,then the diopter. Next bump is focus and then magnification rests next to the body. Amidship are (3) 1913 rails spaced at 90-degree intervals,save the last quadrant which is where I obviously placed my RC2 plate. The rails are easily removed and I can see doing that,to protect packs and the like. I may stab a FF3 at TDC,if only for Giggles. The lens protectors are better than nothing,though I will change things up for my World. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Initial gawk had me thinking(LOUDLY!) "Fhuqk my Reupold MK4 FFP TMR reticle piece of schit!". This glass is REAL glass,not simply a concession,in order to drive a FFP reticle(whih the MK4 Spotter ALWAYS was). You can do/see some schit with this thing. The diopter control to pinpoint the reticle is beyond superb. I shoulda ranged minimum focus distance on 15x,but it struck me as 10yds. That can never hurt the equation. Just eye fhuqking Critters in the front yard,was a pleasure. I'll dog in for long/serious pursuits and get feel for how it handles same. Initially,there's nothing to indicate anything other than a nice view. I find the reticle intuitive and plenty fast,even when sniffing things out of The Rhubarb Patch. Both right at 500yds. Hint.

I scribe my oculars,because guys are always wanting to drive my schit. That whether aiming devices,LRF's,BRF's or Spotters. I'd like a means of locking the diopter's setting,but can smell Super 88 from a mile away. It would also suit me,if the diopter control and focus were physically further apart. Practice will mitigate most mistakes,but distance would preclude same. Interestingly,the focus control travels a goodly ways in both optical range and in actual external dimensioning. This is where ALL the schit/crud/mud will unite and mix with our ever present moisture. Eye-relief control travels too,which adds to the equation(s). Such concoctions seldom frost a cake. Hint.

The objective is threaded internally to accept an ARD,which may horn some folks up. Makes nary a schit to me. After flogging on it for a bit,I'll add a sunshade and the furnished soft cap to it. I'm hoping a B&C flip up cap,will tackle the ocular. I keep a pretty good stash,for new glass that arrives out of the blue(seemingly). Weather protection is my GREATEST concern,for Observation Devices and the wheels are never not turning. Initial thunks are warm/fuzzy. Hint.

To be continued....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The stern was easily resolved. Hint.

To be continued. Hint..........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The stern was easily resolved. Hint.

To be continued. Hint..........

Not a bad price. Have you tried mounting it on a ware using the pic rail?

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good review. I've always like my FLP spotters for compactness. smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Now to simply see if it will take a lick and roll with the punches. Glad I ordered a bolt of HD double lined 5mm neoprene,for such affairs. Hint....................(grin)

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I take it you are not testing it on a playground with c clamps ? The whole shebang might even get wet ?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"Dry" would be inordinate. Now to see what the Hardware Store has in stock. Hint.

To be continued..............

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ahhhhhh...wayyyyyyy warmer and fuzzier. Hint.

To be continued..............

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the review thus far, Stick. Nice to see new options in this class.

Have you owned, or tried, the Bushy Elite Tac LMSS2? Thoughts on optical performance vs this GPO, if you have?

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I've not,but wouln't mind shaking one out. The Baby Bushie FFP Milscale,is farrrrr and away THE most bang for the buck,as such things go. Hint.............

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Boxed up and Mailed off the Reupold MK4 Spotter,for it's third repair in Beaverton. Be curious to see how they handle it. Am thinking lens delamination,but I didn't tear it apart to see. Interestingly,there's no serial number on it. Hint.

The GPOTAC continues to impress and I'm thinking highly of it in general. Hint..................

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Update?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Just walked through the door,to start a 6wk Rutly Vacation. Initial impressions remain and by the time this jaunt is over,it will have been flogged upon right proper. Thus far,only (8) guys are coming from outta town and it'll be good feedback,as it's passed around,spying Victims. Hint.

Reupold continues to "impress" and the 3rd trip for repair on my MK4,will cost it the Season. Hint.

NO "surprises" here. Hint...................(grin)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, Aero, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 15 invisible), 1,353 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,676
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.