Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#18839823 10/13/23
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Been a Leupold man all my life but just picked up a rifle with a Zeiss conquest 4.5-14x44MCwith duplex crosshairs. Good, Bad etc.

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I think you'll like it, if it has the #20 Z-plex reticle I think it's one of the best reticles out there.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve gotten rid of almost all my Leupold scopes in favor of Zeiss.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Coyote’
That is a great HUNTING scope. Zeiss makes great HUNTING scopes . It will assist you in filling an ark. Turret spinners will be along shortly.

GreggH

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by coyote268
Been a Leupold man all my life but just picked up a rifle with a Zeiss conquest 4.5-14x44MCwith duplex crosshairs. Good, Bad etc.

I purchased that exact scope with the #4 reticle 13 years ago.....

It's a keeper.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have several Zeiss Conquest variable scopes with Zplex reticles, and I have many more many more leupolds. I prefer the Zeiss.

NRA Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Good but in my not so humble opinion the 3-9x40 is more clear and more bright to my eyes and that of a lot of friends with Zeiss experience. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great scope and I’m sure you’ll be happy with it, especially if you like Leupold and have been satisfied. I really like my 3-9x40 Conquest and my only wish is that it was an illuminated reticle. I’ve started using IRs and I have wondered how I ever hunted without them….😂. That scope will serve you well for years to come and should you have trouble I’ve heard mixed reports but generally they’re good reports on Zeiss customer service.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

I've had several and liked them.
Was shooting one day and had one side x side with a Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16x44 and the glass smoked it, couldn't get rid of the Viper soon enough after that.
Have always loved the Zeiss duplex style reticle in all the Conquests I've had.

But now I'm with Aces and lit dots.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
IMO,

The zeiss conquest are / were the best hunting scopes for the money.

Esp. Whem you throw in that were assembled in the USA by meopta.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What rifle?

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
These guys are all wrong- it’s a terrible scope - but I hate to see things wasted so you can send it to me.

I’m a huge fan of Zeiss hunting scopes with that simple fast duplex reticle signifying knife work imminent when it covers an animal’s vitals.

We have a few Leupold, Nightforce, Burris & Vortex guys in our big elk hunting group but Zeiss Conquests have been the most successful & lasted the longest in rough conditions. We had 25 for spaghetti at our place in town on Sunday night in NW Colorado 3rd season last year. More tags filled by Zeiss shooters but always lively discussions & looking through new scopes - after dark & a few drinks might not be the best time for comparison.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I really liked mine, but had to send it in to Zeiss for a repair. They couldn't fix it, so they sent me a new V4. I did not like the glass as much on the V4, so I sold it. The older Conquest is a great scope, but I don't care for the bass ackwards turrets. The turrets also were not labeled or numbered, like a scope should be, so dialing is not an option with these. That leaves you with a good set and forget scope. Not my preference, so I ended up getting rid of all of my Conquest scopes.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I really liked mine, but had to send it in to Zeiss for a repair. They couldn't fix it, so they sent me a new V4. I did not like the glass as much on the V4, so I sold it. The older Conquest is a great scope, but I don't care for the bass ackwards turrets. The turrets also were not labeled or numbered, like a scope should be, so dialing is not an option with these. That leaves you with a good set and forget scope. Not my preference, so I ended up getting rid of all of my Conquest scopes.
They do twist bass ackwards. I put ballistic tape on mine, just read the numbers. Of course had to send it back for elevation turret.

DF

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Big fan of Zeiss scopes myself, I think you'll like it.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
IMO,

Not exactly.

The first Conquests were assembled in the USA, but by Zeiss USA, not Meopta--though Meopta did make most of the parts and lenses. In this particular instance only the interior tube and its lenses were made by Zeiss.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
IMO,

Not exactly.

The first Conquests were assembled in the USA, but by Zeiss USA, not Meopta--though Meopta did make most of the parts and lenses. In this particular instance only the interior tube and its lenses were made by Zeiss.
The parts that really count.

Conquests have been a fav of mine for years. I picked up several back when they discontinued them for less than $300.

DF

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks guys!!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

They do twist bass ackwards. I put ballistic tape on mine, just read the numbers. Of course had to send it back for elevation turret.

DF

I saw that in another thread. Looks good.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
My old 3-9 MC is better than my VX-3 in every category but overall size and weight.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I had 2 of the 4.5-14x50's w/turrets. The 1st one went over 1K rounds on a 308 AR, then another 1500 or so on a 308 Rem 700. The only complaint I ever had was the turrets and power ring were "backwards" from everything else I owned. Mine dialed fine, was optically very sharp and as others have said, I really liked that duplex, nice and fine.

I don't think I ever mounted the 2nd due to the backwards turret/power-ring travel.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 10Glocks, 46 invisible), 2,242 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,209
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.