Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Any of you ever use wax with color added? I have an older John Deere that when I bought it used the guy had waxed it with some green tinted wax. I'd like to do that again but am having trouble finding it.
Thanks
Jim

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
dats raciss

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think that guys FOS? May had a green tint, like turtle wax.

Wax on wax off….

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by High_Noon

🤣 horseshît

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Never heard of it

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can’t see the benefit. Wax removes oxidized paint through heat and abrasives, then you wipe it off. Unless it helps blend in what you don’t wipe off? 😆

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Can’t see the benefit. Wax removes oxidized paint through heat and abrasives, then you wipe it off. Unless it helps blend in what you don’t wipe off? 😆

That isn't how wax works. You may be thinking of a polish or cutting compound. Straight wax goes on and, after buffing, a thin film is left behind, protecting the paint and making it look shiny.

FWIW I have used a tinted wax, which had the effect of minimising the "bush pinstriping" on the vehicle. It did work, though the effect was of course only temporary. It has been a while though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dan_oz

That isn't how wax works. You may be thinking of a polish or cutting compound. Straight wax goes on and, after buffing, a thin film is left behind, protecting the paint and making it look shiny.

FWIW I have used a tinted wax, which had the effect of minimising the "bush pinstriping" on the vehicle. It did work, though the effect was of course only temporary. It has been a while though.

Wrong, wax may leave a protective coating but it polishes the same way as buffing compound. The abrasives just aren’t as coarse. Polishing compounds also leave a coating, they just may not have any UV protection

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Wrong, wax may leave a protective coating but it polishes the same way as buffing compound. The abrasives just aren’t as coarse. Polishing compounds also leave a coating, they just may not have any UV protection

No, it is you who is wrong. If it contains abrasive it is a polish, or a cutting compound. Straight wax (carnauba or synthetic) doesn't contain abrasive. It bonds to the paint and protects it, leaving a thin protective layer.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

🤣 horseshît

But the website says it works. You're a meanie. And a stick in the mud.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No, it is you who is wrong. If it contains abrasive it is a polish, or a cutting compound. Straight wax (carnauba or synthetic) doesn't contain abrasive. It bonds to the paint and protects it, leaving a thin protective layer.

That’s why when you wax a single stage paint the color color comes off on your rag? Whatever, I’ve never done this before. 😆

You win. I’m out

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider

🤣 horseshît

I’m trying to be better, but I don’t want to. 😂

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
The fugg is auot wax?

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I use black wax on my pickup twice a year. It fills brush pin stripes well. Not sure it works any better at protecting the paint better than others. My pickup is 2008 and still looks good.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

That’s why when you wax a single stage paint the color color comes off on your rag? Whatever, I’ve never done this before. 😆

You win. I’m out

I'm going with the Pure Blood on this one......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hell, I am just impressed that you got an argument about wax.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider

🤣 horseshît

I’m trying to be better, but I don’t want to. 😂

Mehhh...I don't think anyone wants that. Carry on, ya ol' meanie.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Hell, I am just impressed that you got an argument about wax.

You know me…lol

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag

You win. I’m out

I'm going with the Pure Blood on this one......

Ha! I’ve been gone too long.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 160user, 22250rem, 47 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,710
Posts18,475,395
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.