Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I had a 1990 model that was one of the best vehicles I’ve ever had. A neighbor bought it a couple years ago and he is fully restoring it.

Wife bought a 1989 Bronco 11 new and drove it for several years, before trading it in on an Explorer. I loved driving it, and that was one vehicle I wish we'd kept. A little on the small side if you like a lot of room, but we didn't mind because it drove so good.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Probably somewhere between 1200 and 1600

Me

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Impossible to say without pics... or more details.

I had a 1989 Dodge with 350k... sold years ago. Probably worth $18k+ in 2023.

As for a Pint sized Ford... No idea without more info.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no idea what its worth. what I'd pay for it is however is about what she's thinking.

but that said, if its no rust and is capable of a good restoration, you put it on a site for enthusiasts or even bring a trailer.com and it would probably bring more.

Last edited by KFWA; 10/20/23.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I had a 1990 model that was one of the best vehicles I’ve ever had. A neighbor bought it a couple years ago and he is fully restoring it.

My first car was a ‘90 Bronco II. Awesome vehicle. Had 209k miles when dad handed it over to me. I drove it through high school and up to 242k miles. Had an awesome turning radius, great mileage, great ground clearance. I left for the Marines and it sat for a few years after that. We donated it to my high-school auto shop.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
Bronco II? Run. Carburator issues.

‘89-90 were EFI

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think it would fetch closer to $5K if you advertised it correctly and everything works.

I believe the carbs went away after ‘86 on the Bronco II so don’t listen to retard Fireballz. She is just upset she can’t afford a Bronco II.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Bronco II? Run. Carburator issues.

When every word you type is wrong... a deliberate lie... or brokedick to the core...

You will eventually lose credibility on this forum.

Just saying...

Tighten it up...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I remember back when they were fairly new and worth something that if you broke one of them back windows that wrapped over was pretty much totaled..

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ldholton
I remember back when they were fairly new and worth something that if you broke one of them back windows that wrapped over was pretty much totaled..

I believe The back window on the Bronco II didn’t “wrap over”

Last edited by Jeffrey; 10/20/23.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Saw one once with a lift and a 5.0 swap. Bet it was murder on u-joints but I can't imagine having a bad time trying to get it stuck (once stuck I reserve the right to change my opinion)

Me

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Was it the side windows that wrapped?

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
You gonna have to pay me to take it

X2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by ldholton

I believe The back window on the Bronco II didn’t “wrap over”

They curved inward toward the roof and they were insanely expensive.

They're actually a really cool design but most years were cursed due to being an 80s era introduction. Emissions, the attempts at auto-4WD, the fact that Ford still didn't know how to make vehicles.

The front axles were cool. Like an independent/straight axle hybrid.

Most still had smoker vents. That alone makes them worth more than 2K.

Last edited by deflave; 10/20/23. Reason: Forgot to mention that Fireballz is gay.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rust is the killer. Everything else mechanical has a service life and a 1989 vehicle has metal parts, not today's plastic. Replacement parts like shocks, brakes, bearings, master cylinders, alternators, etc. are all cheap and can be done by anyone. And people are waking up to that fact now. A 1989 Bronco will still be on the road long past any modern Lego truck. If the interior is fairly clean and it has no issues, $4,000+ easily. Look on Craigslist and see what $2,000 buys you.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by grouseman
Rust is the killer. Everything else mechanical has a service life and a 1989 vehicle has metal parts, not today's plastic. Replacement parts like shocks, brakes, bearings, master cylinders, alternators, etc. are all cheap and can be done by anyone. And people are waking up to that fact now. A 1989 Bronco will still be on the road long past any modern Lego truck. If the interior is fairly clean and it has no issues, $4,000+ easily. Look on Craigslist and see what $2,000 buys you.

Well - kinda depends on parameters no?

I mean, it did have an engine rebuild at 170k - if we're comparing apples/apples and that's still considered "on the road" even after engine AND transmission rebuild as a sign of longevity - I bet I go farther than 170k on my new "lego truck" before rebuild and then when I rebuild it continues....

Cars have gotten so good I think we take them for granted these days. Used to be 100k was a ton of miles and wore out. Now that's 4 years old and only 1/2 way to "getting old".

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
in some areas anything with working 4WD s worth $3k, that is in 1997 dollars.

but it is a Bronco II and didn't those have a very early version of push button 4WD?

what is a Mustang II worth?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by IZH27

Y’all are bringing back memories here.

Yes, it was the rear side windows that wrapped over the top of the cab.

Accidentally threw a football through the windshield on mine once. Replacement was about $185 IIRC. Good memories.

Glad I never broke a side window though! I could see that being pricey.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by IZH27

Y’all are bringing back memories here.

Yes, it was the rear side windows that wrapped over the top of the cab.

Accidentally threw a football through the windshield on mine once. Replacement was about $185 IIRC. Good memories.

Glad I never broke a side window though! I could see that being pricey.

That's what it was.

Fugk I haven't seen one of these in a while.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by grouseman

Well - kinda depends on parameters no?

I mean, it did have an engine rebuild at 170k - if we're comparing apples/apples and that's still considered "on the road" even after engine AND transmission rebuild as a sign of longevity - I bet I go farther than 170k on my new "lego truck" before rebuild and then when I rebuild it continues....

Cars have gotten so good I think we take them for granted these days. Used to be 100k was a ton of miles and wore out. Now that's 4 years old and only 1/2 way to "getting old".

My dad always said the same thing about 100,000 miles being pretty much what you could expect out of a car from his childhood.

My truck now is 16 years old and 200,000 miles and runs like a top, very much like my Bronco did. But it’s got that pushrod 4.2L v6. It’s the simple designs that last.

One thing about old cars wearing out though is that they are easy to work on. I have no idea how many actual miles my 67 Mustang has on it. But pretty much everything on that car can be fixed or replaced with readily available parts. That car’s longevity is truly indefinite, as long as whoever owns it keeps it alive and doesn’t run it off the road or into something.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 57 invisible), 2,864 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,314
Posts18,526,334
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.