-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
SpaceX has two more Starlink launches set for Saturday. The first is now set for 12:39 am Pacific time from Vandenberg Calif. and the second is now scheduled for 10:23 pm Eastern from the Cape.

Now to discuss future announcements: These have become so routine for SpaceX that they no longer provide a commentary or even video on their own website. Launches are apparently only carried on Twitter (X) or by independent channels on Youtube such as "SpaceFlight Now". That being the case, I plan to discontinue announcements of these routine launches but will continue to post times and links of the more interesting ones.

Anyone strongly disagree?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I appreciate everything that you've done over the years as far as keeping us in the loop. Thank you.

I always liked watching them, it never gets old. However, let us know when there's something good to watch. I'm not on X, so I'll have to use Space Flight Now. Thanks again.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I will miss the announcements. This is go to to find them. Thanks for all you have posted.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
SpaceX has two more Starlink launches set for Saturday. The first is now set for 12:39 am Pacific time from Vandenberg Calif. and the second is now scheduled for 10:23 pm Eastern from the Cape.

Now to discuss future announcements: These have become so routine for SpaceX that they no longer provide a commentary or even video on their own website. Launches are apparently only carried on Twitter (X) or by independent channels on Youtube such as "SpaceFlight Now". That being the case, I plan to discontinue announcements of these routine launches but will continue to post times and links of the more interesting ones.

No. I have never watched one.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM

No. I have never watched one.
😂

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Rocky...I have watched most of your posts and the launches. I watched Apollo 11 leave with over 500 other airplanes in the sky that day...and have been hooked on space flight since the first days. So your posts have always been read. For that I thank you!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rocky, your thoughts are well considered and I agree. Outside the box can be interesting, but Space X is almost as routine as sunrise.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Are they going to actually moon walk this time?

MAGA
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

laugh

MAGA
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Well we finally got my box and two accessories boxes to do a fireplace chimney chase mount, we will see about connecting my system to this thing. Still can not find a local to even attempt to connect it, but should be pretty simple. Just have to study the connect/connection options

Do appreciate the notices and data Rocky. Your explanations are why I picked up on the potential functionality of the system. It may have the answer for medical devices that require a constant loop.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the input. I know there are people here who think these announcements are dumb, and others who look forward to them. I'm trying to strike a balance.

SpaceX Starlink launches are becoming about as unusual as the departure of Delta Flight 1234, but all space launches are genuinely amazing. The next time they lose one - and they will - folks will be complaining that nobody told them about it. While I don't watch them like NASCAR fans who hope for a crash, I do try to watch most of them. If I'm not sound asleep. It's just sad that they have chosen to broadcast them only on TwiXtter now. Because I have no intention of signing up for that.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Sounds like the best plan Rocky.

If it were not for you on I believe May 1st this year we wouldn't have known to go out of our hotel just south of Cape Canaveral to watch an epic after dark launch ( after several delays) . It was amazing to see other hotel guests asking what we were all staring at as we listened to the countdown and viewed the launch a few miles away.

Thank you for all of your posts, and praying for your continued recovery , Rocky.

Allen

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I appreciate them

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I saw a launch a few nights ago while flying from PHL to RSW. Wasn't all that close, but still cool to see.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Thanks for the input. I know there are people here who think these announcements are dumb, and others who look forward to them. I'm trying to strike a balance.

SpaceX Starlink launches are becoming about as unusual as the departure of Delta Flight 1234, but all space launches are genuinely amazing. The next time they lose one - and they will - folks will be complaining that nobody told them about it. While I don't watch them like NASCAR fans who hope for a crash, I do try to watch most of them. If I'm not sound asleep. It's just sad that they have chosen to broadcast them only on TwiXtter now. Because I have no intention of signing up for that.

I don't think they are dumb, just not of interest for me. Many here clearly enjoy them.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It's your party RR.
We are all just crashers on this thread!

Thanks for the info....q
I get a lot of feedback from customers who use starlink. Apparently prices are down and service quality is up.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Rocky,

I've enjoyed your announcements and commentary about SpaceX. Thanks for that. [Linked Image from cloudynights.com]

Yes, the launches have become very routine. And frequent. And that's a heck of an accomplishment.

Video source: SpaceX
https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1668399552771297285
Posted on June 12, 2023

https://www.spacex.com/

Cheers! Bob F.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Rocky:

Have appreciated both your announcements and your commentary/analysis. I trust that if something noteworthy pops up you will continue to opine...

Thanks and warm regards,

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
You can watch the replay of last night's shot HERE but since it was a night launch, there's not much to see. It will be about the same for tonight's go.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,233 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,563
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.