Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
https://support.garmin.com/en-HK/?faq=PAkjM4MDQP1sTBF5nXrgI9

Exporting Shot Data from the ShotView App

You can export shot data from the ShotView™ app to a .csv (comma separated values) file format. To perform an export, with a shot session selected:

In the upper right corner of the app select the 3 green dots
Select Export as CSV
You will see the file name of the .csv file to be exported
Select where you want to
- For example you can choose to email the file to yourself or someone else as an attachment
If you have added additional information, for example Cold Bore, Clean Bore, or Notes, that information will be contained in your export as well.

Excel and AFAIK most any spreadsheet program will import csv files into their spreadsheet format.

Garmin doesn't show any way to download files directly from the chronograph or phone app to a PC via USB cable, at least I can't find anything on their website or elsewhere on the net that says so. If someone else can find that then I will happily stand corrected. Hopefully that's something they'll put in a future update of either the chrono or the Shotview app software.

Thanks for that info! I find that less than ideal. I am not fond of phone apps, and having to continually email stuff to myself to preserve phone-based data does not appeal to me. That's just me, though, and I'm sure that many won't mind doing that at all.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You could always write it all down by hand.......

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by huntsman22

My 3 ring binders think you’re the man!….:

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Just a few observations. This thread started last October along with a couple of others. In that time, we have learned a lot. We've seen posts about their size, their functions, how well they work, how to store/transport them, the battery, and collecting and storing data. All valuable points of view.

I am sure that since much of this new technology is software driven, that Garmin will update or modify features as time goes on. They are probably busy collecting information about the good, the bad and the ugly. Although that last part, the ugly, may not be a thing.

We have heard from a few who own LRs and a couple of other chronographs who see no need to update. That is a personal choice. Most of the posters have different needs and expectations. If you are satisfied with your present chrono, rock on!

We have even heard about people jumping over quantums or quantums jumping over other quantums. smile

Just think, there was a time not too long ago when reloaders were blissfully ignorant of how fast their bullets were moving through the air. The flat earthers might say, "Does it really matter?" The techy types would respond, "When is the next version coming out?"

Who knew that some of this "new to us" alien technology (summer 1947) would be used in our lifetimes? smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

My 3 ring binders think you’re the man!….:

Or even a screen shot from your app and email it to yourself. Might take all of a minute or so.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Or even a screen shot from your app and email it to yourself. Might take all of a minute or so.

And on the rare occasion I’ve forgot my binders I have done just that!

My 3 ring notebooks are my permanent records. I have targets cutout and taped in there, tons of notes and loads, and my chrono data goes back to 1982 when I bought my Custom Chronograph—which I might still be using if they hadn’t stopped making the paper-foil screens…dammit…..

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Funny to see the discussion on the semantics of a "quantum leap". I've had a Garmin for a couple of months now. The LabRadar was groundbreaking because it brought doppler velocity capture to hobbiest like us. Was it perfect?...absolutely not.

The Xero checks the boxes the LR left unchecked. Reliable...check. Compact...check. Ready to go out of the box (no additional accessories needed)...check. Day long capable...check.

For me the biggest benefit is that I always have it, and can set it up on a whim. I'll throw it on the bench just because I can. That's a quantum leap over having to plan out a session with the Oehler and making sure I have all the random bits from tripods to cords to rail to tape for the printer.

I'll let ya'll debate whether it's a incremental or quantum leap...one things for sure...it's definitely mo' bettah!

Last edited by ChrisF; 01/17/24.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
For me the biggest benefit is that I always have it, and can set it up on a whim. I'll throw it on the bench just because I can. That's a quantum leap over having to plan out a session with the Oehler and making sure I have all the random bits from tripods to cords to rail to tape for the printer.

Bingo!

Never had a Oehler or other screen model, just a MagnetoSpeed that I only used with the PIC-rail adapter. It was likewise very easy to setup and use in that mode. The Garmin can be on hand at all times, JIC, to easily answer all those burning questions about actual vs. wishful-thinking velocities.

Ought to be some used buying opportunities on the Labradar now; maybe even an MSRP drop to make it more attractive while they plot their next move.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I do a hybrid. I write down the basics of a string before I go to the range: gun, powder and charge, bullet, primer, OAL, (cartridge brand, name, bullet weight, if factory ammo). As soon as I shoot a string, I write down average velocity, high velocity, low velocity, ES, SD, and number of shots. I also pull the SD card out of the Labrador and copy the new files to my PC (without erasing the SD card) because it has data for each shot, including muzzle velocity, downrange velocities, and energy at the various ranges. I then type my basic notes into a Word document and refer to the dowloaded string. It's all searchable and backed up. It saves a LOT of time if I need to refer to something or to provide information to someone else.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Wouldn’t emailing the data to yourself be quicker?

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
https://support.garmin.com/en-HK/?faq=PAkjM4MDQP1sTBF5nXrgI9

Exporting Shot Data from the ShotView App

You can export shot data from the ShotView™ app to a .csv (comma separated values) file format. To perform an export, with a shot session selected:

In the upper right corner of the app select the 3 green dots
Select Export as CSV
You will see the file name of the .csv file to be exported
Select where you want to
- For example you can choose to email the file to yourself or someone else as an attachment
If you have added additional information, for example Cold Bore, Clean Bore, or Notes, that information will be contained in your export as well.

Excel and AFAIK most any spreadsheet program will import csv files into their spreadsheet format.

Garmin doesn't show any way to download files directly from the chronograph or phone app to a PC via USB cable, at least I can't find anything on their website or elsewhere on the net that says so. If someone else can find that then I will happily stand corrected. Hopefully that's something they'll put in a future update of either the chrono or the Shotview app software.

I just did a little experiment to see how this works with Excel. Just like the chronograph itself, very easy.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ChrisF

That right there is the very worst attempt at purchase justification I have ever read. But then lately thats all this thread has been.

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Wouldn’t emailing the data to yourself be quicker?
It still wouldn't have the data on the gun, load data, etc. that has to be manually input anyway by typing on a phone, which is not my preference when dealing with technical data. But, you can do it that way if you prefer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swifty52

That right there is the very worst attempt at purchase justification I have ever read. But then lately thats all this thread has been.

Well, I'lll give you a few more. The wind around here is so bad that it was difficult for me to keep the sky screens from flapping in the breeze or blowing over. This limited the amount of times per year when I could get decent readings, and I made many 20 mile round trips only to not be able to use the Oehler. Then there is the ability to set up without going down range and also the ability to get readings indoors. The Labradar saves me a lot of time and effort and now the Garmin can do the same thing. The time and effort savings are worth the extra bucks to me, and I have shot many more series of shots than I ever would have with the Oehler. I gave my Oehler away years ago.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

And that's exactly why I purchased mine as soon as they were announced. And that is exactly the same reasoning why I retired my Oheler to Lab Radar. And why I gave my Lab Radar away after my first range session with the Xero.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

My justification is 'because I damn well wanted it'.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Got a ProChrono I bought ten years ago for right at $200. Slightly used. I’ll sacrifice it to someone for $250…. They are quite collectible!

😎

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody tried a shotgun load? .22 rimfire?

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Spreadsheets make me sad, but just now I exported the data from a recent session right into Numbers, the resident spreadsheet app for iOs. Couple more minutes and I had it Airdropped onto my iPad. Please be aware I don’t do much, almost none of this kind of stuff, but found it easy, simpler than posting pics, or quicker anyway.

Seems to be in a decent format, but that’s adjustable, no doubt. I can foresee the complaints from the non-Applers, but they have only themselves to blame….😜

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Got a ProChrono I bought ten years ago for right at $200. Slightly used. I’ll sacrifice it to someone for $250…. They are quite collectible!

😎

10 bucks shipped. Not even worth the 5 cents on the dollar but hell i need another paper weight. 🙄

Swifty
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,244 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,924
Posts18,479,785
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.