Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by ChrisF
For me the biggest benefit is that I always have it, and can set it up on a whim. I'll throw it on the bench just because I can. That's a quantum leap over having to plan out a session with the Oehler and making sure I have all the random bits from tripods to cords to rail to tape for the printer.

That right there is the very worst attempt at purchase justification I have ever read. But then lately thats all this thread has been.

And that's exactly why I purchased mine as soon as they were announced. And that is exactly the same reasoning why I retired my Oheler to Lab Radar. And why I gave my Lab Radar away after my first range session with the Xero.

Nearly exactly what I did....i made the jump from 2 Oheler chronographs, to the Garmin. Everytime I set up, at the bench, my spotting scope is right next to me......from now on, the Garmin will be sitting in front of the spotting scope, catching every round downrange. Just cuz I can!

Andy3

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RickBin
Anybody tried a shotgun load? .22 rimfire?
22 rimfire is definite go. subsonic to Stingers, it works great. can't say about shotgun

Last edited by 222Sako; 01/17/24.

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

A lie doesn't become truth; wrong doesn't become right; evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by the majority...Rick Warren

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That’s a plus.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Got a ProChrono I bought ten years ago for right at $200. Slightly used. I’ll sacrifice it to someone for $250…. They are quite collectible!

😎

10 bucks shipped. Not even worth the 5 cents on the dollar but hell i need another paper weight. 🙄

Your insults are beyond low class….. I’ll have you know it’s a pre-64 chronograph, like new condition. I’ll be honest though…..it does have the factory installed Creedmor upgrade as well, which I’m throwing in at no cost to you.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JSTUART
For me the biggest benefit is that I always have it, and can set it up on a whim. I'll throw it on the bench just because I can. That's a quantum leap over having to plan out a session with the Oehler and making sure I have all the random bits from tripods to cords to rail to tape for the printer.

That right there is the very worst attempt at purchase justification I have ever read. But then lately thats all this thread has been.

My justification is 'because I damn well wanted it'.

This ^^^^^

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by JSTUART

My justification is 'because I damn well wanted it'.

This ^^^^^

+1, It's a better mouse trap.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see Labrador LX has introduced a similar one for virtually the same price

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 458Win
I see Labrador LX has introduced a similar one for virtually the same price

good to know that might make the price go down some ? did you notice the battery charging situation on that Labrador LX unit ? thanks,Pete53

Last edited by pete53; 01/19/24.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
I bought the Garmin. I really like the ease of use without having to take 1/2 hour to set it up. I bought mine from Bass Pro since they give veterans 10% off.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[img]www.snipershide.com/shooting/attachments/1705706350513-png.8327284/[/img]
[img]www.snipershide.com/shooting/attachments/1705696755411-png.8327173/[/img]

Looks like someone's leaking photo's ahead of the planned SHOT show unveil! I hear that Litz has been beta testing the LX for a few months now.

Ya know...this is not the first redux of the LabRadar. I've also got time on a doppler called a "Bulletseeker" that I believe was imported from Czech. It's actually smaller than the Xero and did a few things the Xero doesn't. But it wasn't nearly as reliable, nor forgiving.

FX Airguns in England has been producing doppler units as well for a few years. Their latest iteration supposedly can capture velocities at 300 yards. That was intriguing for me.
https://www.pyramydair.com/product/fx-outdoors-true-ballistics-chronograph?a=13379

So...with Infinition's spotty history with the LabRadar, and...the many reports of the Xero C1's reliability, form factor, and ease of use...I'm more than a little skeptical that the LabRadar LX will be an improvement over the Xero.

Last edited by ChrisF; 01/19/24.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Chris,
What was spotty about Infinition’s support? I’ve never heard anything previously, and when I called them 5 years ago with questions they were quite helpful.

Last edited by alpinecrick; 01/19/24.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Does that mean I'm the best (at being the worst) at something?!!!

I don't really care...but I'll try to give an analogy to shed light anyway.
Photographers have a saying "the best camera is the one you have on you when the moment happens". Carrying my DSLR (I'm a bit of a luddite too and haven't gone entirely mirrorless) is not always an option. My camera bag can weigh 30 lbs...but I always have my camera phone with me. I've been able to capture moments I'd have otherwise missed because I always have my phone with me.

Here's the thing...the Xero is giving better more reliable captures than the old school opticals, and even the old gen dopplers. For me that's having my cake and eating it too.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Chris,
What was spotty about Infinition’s support? I’ve never heard anything previously, and when I called them 5 years ago with questions they were quite helpful.

I didn't comment about the support...but the folks on the other forums were complaining about the LabRadar's app and kludgy UI and just getting a virtual shoulder shrug from the US Distributer.

The spotty history I'm referring to is the delays in updating their firmware and addressing known problems such as the spotty triggering (sprouting a cottage industry of "recoil triggers"), and aiming devices necessitated by it's narrow cone of capture.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
[img]www.snipershide.com/shooting/attachments/1705706350513-png.8327284/[/img]
[img]www.snipershide.com/shooting/attachments/1705696755411-png.8327173/[/img]

Looks like someone's leaking photo's ahead of the planned SHOT show unveil! I hear that Litz has been beta testing the LX for a few months now.
Is that an aiming device on top of the LX?

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Chris,

I didn't comment about the support...but the folks on the other forums were complaining about the LabRadar's app and kludgy UI and just getting a virtual shoulder shrug from the US Distributer.

The spotty history I'm referring to is the delays in updating their firmware and addressing known problems such as the spotty triggering (sprouting a cottage industry of "recoil triggers"), and aiming devices necessitated by it's narrow cone of capture.

Thanks Chris!

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If the new LRLX doesn’t allow shots to be entered into previous strings then it a fail as far as I’m concerned.

My 40 years worth of 3ring binders and mechanical pencils have absolute and better connection than any BlueChat AppTooth thingie ever will. Unless the lead breaks on my mechanical pencil. Stupid high tech pencils anyway….

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I write this with the caveat that I’ve not seen, held or played with one…but with that said, it’s a pretty good bet it’s the LabRadar built in deluxe Boba straw Aiming Device…or maybe it’s a loop so you can put a chain thru and wear it around your neck!

…the presence of an aiming tube tells me that the LX has a narrow cone of capture.

The Garmin by contrast has given me readings as far as 3+ ft off the shooting axis. I asked the Garmin folk whether the Xero was subject to cosine error on off axis use…to which they replied that the software detected, measured and accounted for angle and calculated the corrected velocity.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If the new LRLX doesn’t allow shots to be entered into previous strings then it a fail as far as I’m concerned.
To be fair…I believe that is one of the (few) flies I’ve heard about in the Xero. But I have more confidence in Garmin pushing out a firmware update than Infinition doing similar.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[quote]
To be fair…I believe that is one of the (few) flies I’ve heard about in the Xero. But I have more confidence in Garmin pushing out a firmware update than Infinition doing similar.

I have been hoping for 5 years that they would update the LR to do that. The hardware installed may not allow it though. I would’ve even been willing to give Infinition some money, send the unit in and have it updated.

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That right there is the very worst attempt at purchase justification I have ever read.

Seems like plenty of folks here see the upside to that - self included.

You're retired, aren't ya, Swifty? whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 47 invisible), 2,056 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,928
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.