D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by gregintenn
These work well

If your safe permits it, these make good use of otherwise unused space.
That would get in the way of accessing your long guns.
Only if you're really, really stupid. Otherwise they, or homemade "S" hooks work wonderfully.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by gregintenn
These work well

If your safe permits it, these make good use of otherwise unused space.
That would get in the way of accessing your long guns.
Only if you're really, really stupid. Otherwise they, or homemade "S" hooks work wonderfully.

I like your webpage. I read the "9mm Bullet Profile Problems" article. I go through the same kinds of things at times...there's nothing like being your own victim!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I like your webpage. I read the "9mm Bullet Profile Problems" article. I go through the same kinds of things at times...there's nothing like being your own victim!

Yea I do some dumb stuff sometimes.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Thank you for this link. Have twenty on order with Midway. Ordering from Midway was certainly a goat roping exercise. Glad to get it over with, don’t know if I’ll ever go back again.

[quote=fburgtx]https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939163989
These are somewhat “padded” (sherpa lined) and silicone treated. Put one on every OTHER pistol (alternate) and you can stuff them in tight without damage. (Every OTHER, not every one. The outside is relatively soft, too, so won’t harm the uncased gun next to it.) You can store 2-3x as many as you can with the wire racks, and they’re all either inside or touching a soft surface. Regular zippered pistol rugs take up too much space.

Last edited by nalabama; 10/20/23. Reason: Confusion
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by nalabama
Thank you for this link. Have twenty on order with Midway. Ordering from Midway was certainly a goat roping exercise. Glad to get it over with, don’t know if I’ll ever go back again.

These are somewhat “padded” (sherpa lined) and silicone treated. Put one on every OTHER pistol (alternate) and you can stuff them in tight without damage. (Every OTHER, not every one. The outside is relatively soft, too, so won’t harm the uncased gun next to it.) You can store 2-3x as many as you can with the wire racks, and they’re all either inside or touching a soft surface. Regular zippered pistol rugs take up too much space.
Yeah, thanks for this link, it reminded me I need these desperately!

Ken
IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by nalabama

Glad I could help. What was the issue with Midway?? Figured it would be a simple matter of putting 20 in the cart, and a few clicks. Curious.

Oh, and here’s rifle ones:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939402592?pid=537568

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Glad I could help. What was the issue with Midway?? Figured it would be a simple matter of putting 20 in the cart, and a few clicks. Curious.

Maybe just me being new to their site, but couldn’t get different sizes in the cart without having to go back and forth for quantities needed in each size, no help provided online even when they gave you references to online assistance and asked you to contact them and personal contact wasn’t possible. I muddled through it finally, but the process was very opaque. Don’t think I’ll ever need anything else from them that I can’t find on other sites.

Last edited by nalabama; 10/21/23. Reason: Requested info
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like to lay the safe on the floor with the door up so it opens like a chest, then I just chuck the guns in.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Tackdriver22250
I like to lay the safe on the floor with the door up so it opens like a chest, then I just chuck the guns in.

You ever work the property/evidence room down at the police station?? I think that’s their standard method…

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by Tackdriver22250

You ever work the property/evidence room down at the police station?? I think that’s their standard method…
Exactly.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1minute, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,436
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.