Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
p5200 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
After mounting my scope, I think I might benefit from a cheek riser. Any suggestions on maybe, what some of you are using? Thanks! smile

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Mount your scope nice and low and you don't need a cheek riser. What did you put on that superlite? It's a lightweight rifle, keep the scope trim and light as well. You don't need a hubble on it. Post a pic of what you did.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
P
p5200 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
I probably should have ordered the 0 moa instead of the 20 moa Mountain Tactical rail. But, I guess I can make do with it like it is for next month's rifle season.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a Victor Titan on my T1x. They’re pretty trim and lightweight. Cheapest place I found them was Pete’s Pillars when I bought mine.

https://victorcompanyusa.com/universal-cheekrest-kits

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I’ve got one I bought from a member here, and haven’t used. Can’t recall the make, but it does require some drilling, though it’s adjustable and light.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Buy some yoga blocks from Amazon and one of the neoprene buttstock shell holders. The block cuts easily with a hand saw or razor blade and shapes with a file, sandpaper or flap wheel sander for a dremel. That same flap wheel will make a nice tunnel for it to sit on top of the stock. Make as thick or thin as you need. You can get at least 5 from each yoga block.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have installed Beartooth Comb Riser kits on several rifles with very satisfactory results.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have really grown to like the Triad Tactical stock packs.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
No experience with these although the concept seems pretty cool. I'm not a fan of any cheek riser that is too wide and pushes my face away from the gun.

https://highdesertrifleworks.com/products/kalixteknik-cr1-adjustable-cheek-rest-for-tikka-t3-t3x

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Triad Trouble is that they are a fhuqking sponge. Hint.

I'll greedily take a mounting system,which by default,negates the needs of added comb height. Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Get the cheek riser off a CTR stock, or the same from Eurooptic

https://www.eurooptic.com/Tikka-T3x-Orange-Cheek-Piece-S540210181.aspx

And, use only Sportsmatch medium or low rings.

Done and done.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
P
p5200 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Riser looks interesting, I just went ahead and used a set of medium Burris signature Zee rings I already had. Thanks! smile

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I have a God-a-Grip Shotgun wedge on a couple rifles. With tall cheek bones, I need a good bit of lift, even with a 36mm scope $2-$3 off the barrel. I move pad back and forth with green painters tape to get the proper fit and lift. Then trim it before final application. The 3M double sided adhesive they use STICKS...

Specifically for a Tikka, first thing I would do is shake the bushes to see if someone might cough up a set of 16 Bore's modified Super Low Talley ring mounts. Long shot. But, CAN NOT get any lower on a Tikka than the Talley ring mounts that 16 Bore's dad custom milled...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't let others tell you what height rings to get without having them watch you mount the rifle. One guy, with a proper cheek weld, may need lows to have the optimal "use as low as you can use". Whereas the next guy may need high rings, using his proper cheek weld, to have the optimal "use as low as you can use".

However, based on what you stated, you would probably benefit from rings that are lower than those you are using currently. I believe you said you are using medium. If the cheek riser doesn't work for you, "lower" rings probably will. Try low and ultra low. I would, personally, prefer to go to lower rings than to use a cheek riser/pad.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
P
p5200 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Right now, the bolt misses the ocular eye piece by about 3/8" when pulled fully to the rear. Clearance from front of rail is probably about the same. The scope is a Nikon Monarch 3 4x16x42. If I could get some shorter rings to fit the rail without spending an arm and a leg, I might go that route. Thanks!

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
B
If you "need" a cheek riser try a God-a Grip. (Google). They are stick' ons that really do the job and are removable, and don't harm the stock finish.

When applied by competent people,with the right intent, common sense goes along wayt
P
p5200 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
I found some Vortex Hunter model low rings that dropped the rings to about as low as they can go. It seems much better now should be fine. I sure appreciate all of the help from you fine folks! smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've made one before using foam pipe insulation vet wrapped with a piece of mole skin on top.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

P
p5200 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
I thought I had the problem solved with the new rings but was wrong. After researching the Vortex Hunter rings, I found numerous post about how they weren't for high recoiling rifles. I realize 6.5 Creedmoor don't have a lot of recoil. This Tikka t3x lite does have a little more recoil than my Savage had. Then I read where 3 or 4 people had problems with the rings shooting 308s. I took the rings back and put my Burris Signature Zee rings back on. I'm going to possibly, construct a DIY riser just to get me through Deer season next month. I don't think I need much if any rise it's debatable. I'm going to try shooting it without a riser first and see how my accuracy is.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sportsmatch T084 rings, Tikka cheek piece.

Don’t make this harder than it is

If you have a 1” scope, get the Sportsmatch T085 rings

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,646
Posts18,474,534
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.