Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I really hate to be that guy, but I think it’s time to part ways with this one but it’s way outside of my wheelhouse. I’m looking for a “fair for both sides price” to ask for the shotgun. It’s in its factory case, and is a complete 4 barrel set. Condition wise I would call it a very solid shooter grade gun. The stock has a few I’ve been fired marks bluing on the gun is very very nice. A quick search on gunbroker shows people asking (what I consider) stupid money with zero bids for obvious reasons. So my question to you guys and gals if you were in the market for such a piece what would you consider a “fair” price to pay for such an item so I have an idea of what to put it up for.

Thank you in advance for any and all responses, It is much appreciated, I’m not looking to gouge anyone on this but don’t wanna cut myself way short either. Those here that know me, know I’m and honest and fair person to deal with.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have similar one. But mine has a set of tubes for the smaller gauges. I would consider a 4 barrel set to have 3 additional sets of barrels, 20 gauge, 28 gauge and .410, rather than one set of barrels, in 12 gauge and 3 sets of tubes which fit inside the 12 gauge barrels. That’s what I see in the photos. A tube set will bring a lot less money.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bobmar
I have similar one. But mine has a set of tubes for the smaller gauges. I would consider a 4 barrel set to have 3 additional sets of barrels, 20 gauge, 28 gauge and .410, rather than one set of barrels, in 12 gauge and 3 sets of tubes which fit inside the 12 gauge barrels. That’s what I see in the photos. A tube set will bring a lot less money.

Appreciate the info!! In all honesty I thought the tubes were for the different gauges…. Did I mention this is outside of my wheelhouse?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Would be interested when you determine price thanks

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Understood and good luck with it. I’m interested in hearing what others have to say because it will give me a ball park number. You may also want to mention your barrel length.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I’m guessing this is set up for skeet shooting. What is the choke stamped on the barrels. Possible skeet or Tula. Do you know if the internals, trigger has been upgraded? Wood appears to be a standard grade and the forearm and stock also appear to be set up for skeet.

Last edited by lynntelk; 10/22/23.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bullhead
Would be interested when you determine price thanks
Originally Posted by Bobmar
Understood and good luck with it. I’m interested in hearing what others have to say because it will give me a ball park number. You may also want to mention your barrel length.
Looks like we’re all in the same boat here.

Layin the tape to it… not sure how they do their measurements but it’s 28” overall length….

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by lynntelk
I’m guessing this is set up for skeet shooting. What is the choke stamped on the barrels. Possible skeet or Tula. Do you know if the internals, trigger has been upgraded? Wood appears to be a standard grade and the forearm and stock also appear to be set up for skeet.

It is marked with a S… so I assume skeet. The serial number is between 3900 and 4000 if that helps narrow anything down at all. Unknown if trigger or internals have been worked I apologize.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Pm sent

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bullhead
Pm sent

Replied my friend and thank you for reaching out.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
And just so we are all clear here I’m looking to get a general consensus on what to price it at. Once I have an idea (if enough people chime in) I will post it here for sale on the fire and here only for your purchasing pleasure. No back door deals will be done ahead of time. I value my clear and honest name on here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stang5021
I value my clear and honest name on here.

And for what it is worth, your reputation is second to none.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+1 on Stang as a top notch CF member.

I'm interested to see what shakes out with this one.

LHS

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have not seen any price suggestions yet so, I'll take a shot. It looks like a standard grade, K32 skeet gun. The stock has been refinished and some aftermarket pad and spacers installed, what is the length of pull? The barrel does not appear to be Tula choked but it has been slot ported. I don't see any chokes in the picture so, I'll assume the barrels and tubes are all fixed skeet chokes. It seems to still have the K32 trigger and guard so, I'll assume no K80 upgrades. The serial number is in a good range. With all that said, I would say a good price would be $3500 - 3900 depending on condition. You might be able to get a little more for it by parting it out. Good luck with your sale and I do appreciate your marketplace ethics.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by FYD16
I have not seen any price suggestions yet so, I'll take a shot. It looks like a standard grade, K32 skeet gun. The stock has been refinished and some aftermarket pad and spacers installed, what is the length of pull? The barrel does not appear to be Tula choked but it has been slot ported. I don't see any chokes in the picture so, I'll assume the barrels and tubes are all fixed skeet chokes. It seems to still have the K32 trigger and guard so, I'll assume no K80 upgrades. The serial number is in a good range. With all that said, I would say a good price would be $3500 - 3900 depending on condition. You might be able to get a little more for it by parting it out. Good luck with your sale and I do appreciate your marketplace ethics.

Exactly the kind of info I was looking to get. I knew there had to be at least a few people on here familiar with Krieghoff's. Thank you for taking the time to post and explain some info about my K32 it is much appreciated.

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
The gun pictured by the original poster is not a 4 barrel set, it is a tube set. The maker of the tubes will determine the value of the gun. Closeup pictures of the ejector area will determine whether the tubes are Purbaugh (obsolete) or Briley or Kolar (modern). A Model 32 with a low serial number usually sells for $2000 to $2500 without tubes. Kolar or Briley tubes with screw in chokes will add $1000 but the Purbaugh tubes will add almost nothing. If you lose a Purbaugh extractor, you are out of business. Briley and Kolar extractors can be replaced. 28" skeet guns are not popular and are nearly impossible to sell to a serious shooter.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In my experience,
Purbaugh tubes were mainly fixed choke.

Kolar tubes have the choke made into an extension of the tube. Each different Kolar choke was a separate tube extension. The outside of the choke extension had to be fitted to the inside diameter of the carrier barrel.

Briley tubes have internal screw chokes.

The picture appears to be of Kolar tubes.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
WOW!!!
Not a shotgun guy, per se,and definitely not a Krieghoff connoisseur, but an interesting education, none-the-less!
BUMP

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 25 invisible), 1,479 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,209
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.