Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Any baseball fans?

As an Arizona native, I am a diehard Diamondbacks fan and what a ride it has been! My hunting partner and I went to game 4 in Phoenix and it was absolutely amazing. When Alek Thomas hit the game tying homerun, Chase Field went absolutely bananas! Game 7 later today, what a serious it has been!

Then the Rangers took the Astros to 7 games and knocked them out of the playoffs.

As a major baseball fan, these playoffs have been absolutely amazing!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Wow, you used amazing twice. That's awesome.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was hoping for a Ranger D-back series, still am. Amazing!

As long as Dodgers and Astros are out. Amazing!
😁

Black Cows Matter!
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Wow, you used amazing twice. That's awesome.

You missed an opportunity to add an "amazing" to the post.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by muleshoe

😁

I completely agree with this amazing analogy!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gonna be rooting for the Rangers now the Stros are out. Final 2 games in Houston they were outscored 21-6…..embarrassing…..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As a Phillies fan I'm a bit nervous today

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by moosemike
As a Phillies fan I'm a bit nervous today

As a Dbacks fan, I cant believe how out of their mind they are playing. The Dbacks are outmatched at every level, except heart and grit. These guys have played out of their minds, and I hope they continue to do so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty good stuff thus far.
I was a wee lad the last time my team (Brewers) got to talk to about a World Series so I nearly always pull for the underdogs and come-out-of-nowhere stories.

Firstcoueswas80 - if it helps your outlook for this eve, the last seven of eight teams the Brewers lost to in the playoffs that year went on to win the World Series.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The Brew Crew....Molitor, Yount, Simmons and Co. I met Ted Simmons once....he was a hoot!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
The Brew Crew....Molitor, Yount, Simmons and Co. I met Ted Simmons once....he was a hoot!

That was quite an assembly of characters. Ted used to say "Let's have a 3-whack inning" - ie, he could smoke 3 cigarettes before they had to go on defense again. laugh

WWP53D
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Astros flamed out

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I’m hoping for the Diamondbacks to make it to the series. Then for the Rangers to win their first World Series.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SKane

That was quite an assembly of characters. Ted used to say "Let's have a 3-whack inning" - ie, he could smoke 3 cigarettes before they had to go on defense again. laugh

OK, bear with me, but you brought up Ted and cigarettes so hear me out......I was playing a split squad game in spring training with the big team (I was a catcher, guess they needed bull pen help so I got sent over there). We were playing the Brewers. So being a minor leaguer trying to make an impression, I was bustig my asss in the bullpen warming up Scott Garrelts (our starter) and we were sharing the bullpen with the Brewers (spring training is very informal) so the Brewers starter was warming up about 10-12 feet from ours. I noticed the Brewers catcher was sitting on a small stool, and he had an open-backed catchers mitt with two fingers hanging out of it, holding a cigarette between them. He had no mask on. He would put the cig in his mouth, catch the pitch, put the cigarette back between his two fingers, and throw a high arcing lob back to the pitcher. He never moved from the stool the whole time he was there. He must have noticed I was looking in amazement at him and I must have had a little "what the heck am I seeing" look on my face. It was Simmons, and he looked at me and said "hey rookie, I've got this schitttt down don't I'? I laughed my butt off. Great guy.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

OK, bear with me, but you brought up Ted and cigarettes so hear me out......I was playing a split squad game in spring training with the big team (I was a catcher, guess they needed bull pen help so I got sent over there). We were playing the Brewers. So being a minor leaguer trying to make an impression, I was bustig my asss in the bullpen warming up Scott Garrelts (our starter) and we were sharing the bullpen with the Brewers (spring training is very informal) so the Brewers starter was warming up about 10-12 feet from ours. I noticed the Brewers catcher was sitting on a small stool, and he had an open-backed catchers mitt with two fingers hanging out of it, holding a cigarette between them. He had no mask on. He would put the cig in his mouth, catch the pitch, put the cigarette back between his two fingers, and throw a high arcing lob back to the pitcher. He never moved from the stool the whole time he was there. He must have noticed I was looking in amazement at him and I must have had a little "what the heck am I seeing" look on my face. It was Simmons, and he looked at me and said "hey rookie, I've got this schitttt down don't I'? I laughed my butt off. Great guy.

I love stories like that. Thanks for sharing.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
This is a good time for the D backs to peak!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

laugh laugh
He's a beautiful human and much beloved in WI and MO - thanks for sharing that.

WWP53D
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
It would be nice to have a southwest World Series.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Rangers lopked pretty amazing Sunday and real.amazing yesterday.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muleshoe

😁

Can't say it any better!!

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,560
Posts18,491,767
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.