[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Still beats not being out.

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Last Monday I shot the biggest deer Iv ever seen! Spossed to have been amonster 10 pt. He stepped out into my buddy's small food plot. Had a large single doe in there feeding, she busted out, I hit him with a bolt from my R10 Ravin shot sounded good. He ran into the thick stuff I could hear stuff breaking. Thought I got it done! Found my bolt about 10yrds from where I shot the buck, about 23yrds from my tree stand. I hit him broad side on the left. Bolt was on the left of where he ran. Bolt had blood all over it, head was trashed carbon arrow had a slight bend in it. Looked 2 hrs at night NO Blood, looked 4hrs the next day, Still no blood , my buddy also looked with me. Guess I must have hit him on the ball of the shoulder. Hope to see him next week when I go back there. He was the biggest body deer iv ever seen. Hate to lose a deer. But it happands

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Had a trespasser arrested yesterday
He also threatened me in the woods

Sheriffs cuffed him and put him in the car after he got belligerent with them then the DEC officers showed up to write him up more tickets. He had last year‘s tag hunting with a crossbow(not season), not wear tag ect.
I caught the guy on my trail cam as I was getting my ATV loaded with a stand to set up
I jumped in the truck and flew to the property and intercepted the guy. He tried telling me he had permission and a bunch of BS and they started swearing and calling me some ethnic names and threatening to beat my ass! He went so far as to put down his Xbow take of his coat and come at me fists up...As much as I'd have liked to lay him out I didn't... he was an 80 yr old man and I'd of likely ended him and then have an assault or worse charge.

Anyways always some crap but handled it and he won't be back.
The reason I was there as I mentioned was to hang a stand in a location I hope to intercept one of the shooters that I have pictures of. I have a stand in the area but it's just a bit too far from where I'm seeing them travel last year and this year. After all the yelling and walking around with LE and poacher I figured I might as well get it done which I did
Cameras have been getting very active again mostly smaller buck and doe but some mature buck are just beginning to surface again
After all the noise and people on the property the shooter I got pictures of the night prior came out in daylight right in front of the camera I caught the poacher on!

Enough of the drama and back to the good stuff....weather warms into the 70's the rest of this week so I will just monitor cams and proceed accordingly. This weekend temps drop again and it will be go hard time

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Well that was an eventful day. shocked

Sorry you had to deal with that and hope you get this feller in range, broadside, and looking the other way when stopped. 💪🏼

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Scary stuff. Old [bleep] could have shot you

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Necks are getting swollen, rubs and scrapes all over. It's fixin to go.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Still have very warm temps little activity a couple doe and small buck but that will change in the next couple days and things will start rocking I predict and I'll finally get this candle lit

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sunday or Monday will be my first day out this season. Finally weather may cooperate.

-Ken

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
After being MIA for a couple weeks this guy just showed up again at my close to home archery only property!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The moon has them up at mid day.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by gunnut308
The moon has them up at mid day.
Not where I've been. LOL

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing moving here this morning. This is opening morning of youth rifle season and have only heard one shot.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Windy and very warm here today, heavy rain moving in tomorrow.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Finally got in the woods no movement this morning just a hen turkey but last night a lot of bucks cruising and hitting scrapes

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Keep after em. Want to see a big boy on the ground.

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ok finally got started this weekend, Saturday morning was uneventful saw no deer after having good activity the night before on my cameras. The afternoon hunt was better I saw what looked to be a good buck in the brush 100yds from me but he went directly away from me. Then saw a doe 10 yds behind my stand she started acting fun thought maybe she winded me but then she ran off and a spike and a 4 pt half heartedly chased her.

Sunday mourning was pouring rain so I waited till 9:30 am when it let up to hunt. I sat till noon and saw 1 doe
Sunday afternoon I went to different property the one I kick poacher off, Sat in rear kill stand which is the stand I shot the RailRoad buck from 2 years ago.
I had a doe come out and stay 80yds away in the thick stuff. She worked parallel with me never getting closer. Then her fawn showed up and they crossed into the next property. Just then I heard grunting and scanned to see what it was. I caught the buck again in the thick stuff following near where the doe had traveled. I was only seeing bits and pieces of his rack but he looked good.
He turned to go away and I hit the grunt tube and he stopped and turned and started to walk back my way. I had bow in hand and release locked on so I know burp grunted with my mouth and he came right in on a string, crossed right behind me stand and stopped at 15 yds and had a perfect quartering away shot!
I looked and looked and thought should I ? And in that instant I knew I wasn't gonna fill my tag. I know what else is here and If I have to decide should I or shouldn't I its a no.

Pouring rain again this morning as I type so weather will depend if and when I get out today

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
......... and If I have to decide should I or shouldn't I its a no.

Sage advice.
And that learning only comes from a time or two of experiencing regret afterward.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The games are beginning it seems

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The games are beginning it seems

That is because I'm working until Wednesday. Which is also when the switch will promptly shut off. laugh

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Still raining and windy here, should blow through by morning....then I'm hitting it hard for 2 weeks or so, got 2 states to hit.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 72 invisible), 2,543 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,514
Posts18,509,439
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.