Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by persiandog
Originally Posted by 700LH
is this pard question?
google is unable to decipher your question , would you explain?
If an explanation is needed you wouldn't understand.

yes to the original question, been there done that

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
He can still insure the car and just add you as a driver. That would be the safest bet for you.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tburkepa
He can still insure the car and just add you as a driver. That would be the safest bet for you.
since he was declared being legally blind ,he does not have a driver license .

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
He can still buy the insurance. It is his car. If he owns he, he legally has to have it insured in most states. The legal or physical ability to drive it is something different.

Make sure you are added as a driver to the policy. You can fund the premium with whatever means you choose. Your card, his card, your check his check. Whatever. They will take the funds from anyone.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Again, how does that preclude him from doing so? You don't need a DL to own a car, cars can be insured with others listed as a driver.

I get a DUI - no longer legally allowed to drive. I hire "Dave" to be my driver, little cap and all. Add him to my policy I have on the car as the owner - he's the driver. We're good.

Last edited by Teal; 10/24/23.

Me

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A driver’s license isn’t required to insure a car, but it damn sure makes the rates cheaper. Explain your situation to your insurance agent. If he can’t comprehend it or can’t help you, go shopping for a new one. Hell, tell him you’re renting the car.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yup.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
What do you think you're doing with a leased car? You don't own it, but you can insure it (probably have to, per the lease contract).

Im pretty sure rental companies have insurance specifically designed for their situation.
I have State Farm. If I lease a vehicle, I simply call my agent and ask for a "rider" to cover the vehicle....OR....I can pay for coverage from the rental company.
"My" State Farm is cheaper.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The short answer is no.

The long answer is yes.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
What do you think you're doing with a leased car? You don't own it, but you can insure it (probably have to, per the lease contract).

Im pretty sure rental companies have insurance specifically designed for their situation.
I have State Farm. If I lease a vehicle, I simply call my agent and ask for a "rider" to cover the vehicle....OR....I can pay for coverage from the rental company.

A car rental is not a lease, or at least not a long-term lease. Most auto leases are 2-3 years.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer

A car rental is not a lease, or at least not a long-term lease. Most auto leases are 2-3 years.

Exactly - you're talking the traditional "Lease a new Toyota for 299 a month, 24 months, 24,000 miles" usage. People lease because of lifestyle, finances etc. Not a "I just landed in San Diego, I need a car for 3 days" thing.

Me

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Yes, I have my sister-in-laws car she passed away a year ago in FL no will no family just her mother which is in a nursing home, and my wife, I am in possession of the title called State Farm they insured it, I also renewed the license last February one the FL plates.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
can i insure a car if the title is not under my name ?

i am trying to insure a car and the registration and title is not under my name. my friend had an accident and can no longer drive.
i'll be helping him , transferring title or putting my name on title and registration is not an option.

You REALLY need to think about this before you do it. All it would take is one act of stupidity, and it could drain every asset you have saved, and all the ones you want to save in the future.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Talk to his current auto insurance agency about purchasing a "Named non-owner" policy to cover you when you drive the vehicle. It can also cover UM/UIM, and physical damages through comp and collision if you wish. Or see if they will simply add you as the principal operator on his current policy.

ID is most likely like any other state. Insurance is linked to registration, and that registration can be pulled if an active policy is not linked.
A good Independent Agent can answer those questions easily.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
I’ve never had to offer documentation of ownership on vehicles I’ve insured. May be that you simply offered too much information? Go into your online service, add the vehicle (and any heretofore unlisted drivers) and pay yer premium.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by efw
I’ve never had to offer documentation of ownership on vehicles I’ve insured. May be that you simply offered too much information? Go into your online service, add the vehicle (and any heretofore unlisted drivers) and pay yer premium.
Me either. I generally do it over the phone. The agent wants a vin and payment. Pretty simple. He does have the ability to verify my driver’s license, driving history, credit score, and probably other things they use to determine rates. He isn’t concerned with ownership, current tags, etc. He is interested in what I want insured, what type of coverage I want, and mainly payment of premium.

Never have I been asked to provide a title, and when you first buy the vehicle, the title is not in your name.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I insured my dad's truck, he passed away about a year and a half ago and the title is still in his name. I had no problems.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Tell Allstate to take a flying F**K at a rolling donut.

Visit this page and find an agent for home, auto, liability, auto and personal, or any other insurance needs.

I have been with FBI since I bought my first car. Several times, other company agents have tried to lure me away. I hand them a copy of my policy.

"Can you match this?" I hear a nervous laugh, and admission that they can not even come close.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Link?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1936M71, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 60 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 882 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,807
Posts18,496,383
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.