Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Here, they've torn down most of the old, haunted places to build new homes over. But locally I'd have to say the old Aqua Mansa Pioneer Cemetary, a couple of the Earp brothers and their wives buried there and a few of the early mountain men... one, is Issac Slover, killed by a grizzly at the age of 70 (I believe) up in the Cajon Pass not far from here. Lot of crazy things said to happen in them at night. It is the only place I've heard of anyone seeing Ball Lightning. Ball Lightning that is said to always originate within a cemetery directly from a grave. Hovering for a few seconds before shooting off into space and disappearing. It is said to be the individual's soul being called off to the persons final judgement. Used to be a couple old churches built in the late 1800's but their gone too.

Phil

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hate to think of all the children that were never able to be because they died in your arse. Has to be haunted.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Probably an old Civil War era building. Was a field hospital for a while as well as Stonewall Jackson's headquarters during the Shenandoah Valley campaign. I've seen at least one questionable thing there but a lot of other people have claimed certain things were seen/ heard there

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Here, they've torn down most of the old, haunted places to build new homes over. But locally I'd have to say the old Aqua Mansa Pioneer Cemetary, a couple of the Earp brothers and their wives buried there and a few of the early mountain men... one, is Issac Slover, killed by a grizzly at the age of 70 (I believe) up in the Cajon Pass not far from here. Lot of crazy things said to happen in them at night. It is the only place I've heard of anyone seeing Ball Lightning. Ball Lightning that is said to always originate within a cemetery directly from a grave. Hovering for a few seconds before shooting off into space and disappearing. It is said to be the individual's soul being called off to the persons final judgement. Used to be a couple old churches built in the late 1800's but their gone too.

Phil

Fugk off, you Biden loving POS.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Teal
I hate to think of all the children that were never able to be because they died in your arse. Has to be haunted.

That retort should have a trademark stamped on it.

IC B2

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Ohio State Reformatory (prison). Been closed for a long time but they open it up for the public to tour. At night. I went once with wife and some friends. Nothing happened personally but now and then someone would run past me claiming to have seen ghosts.
It’s where Shawshank was filmed.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Most HAUNTED place in your neck of the woods...

Local DNC HQ.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That space between the ears of some of wimmins ive known could get a tad spooky.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My paternal Grandmother and The Old Man both told me of ghostly experiences they’ve had.
I believe them, but maybe I missed out on the clairvoyance stuff.
Both Carol and Penny wanted to hunt up ghost in Gettysburg.
We’d go there for a couple or three days, mainly because that Battlefield does something to me.
It’s almost eerie sometimes. In broad daylight, I can hear the guns and smell the smoke.
I can’t explain it, but both have told me that maybe I died there.
We go to the tower on Doubleday Avenue, just down from the Peace Light on Oak Hill just after dark. “Iverson’s Pits” are just cross the road.
Carol and I were up there one night. I can’t explain, but it was really weird. I won’t say spooky, but something wasn’t right. We went back to our hotel by mutual consent.
Years later, Penny and I were up there. She heard martial music and horses.
I guess I don’t have it, I didn’t hear a thing.
I’ve spent evenings watching the sun go down over South Mountain from The Angle, where Picket, Pettygrew, andTrimble’s charge was busted, and had a peaceful evening.
But if I go back there in the daylight, I promise you, I can hear the guns, smell the smoke, and i see myself cowering behind that pitiful stone wall.
I have no explanation for it.
The place just fouls me up every time I go there, and when I leave heading back to Bedford, I always feel a little homesick, like somehow I’m leaving part of me behind.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The ex-in-laws have 170 acres that is very close to Fort Heiman, it gets a little spooky there at night. Several times I have seen what looks like heads peeking around trees and I have had something follow along side me in the trees when I would make my way back to the house at night. I believe I have heard faint voices in the trees too. Always felt like I was being watched.

When I lived in Kuna Idaho, our house had a bad spirit in it. The ex wife and I had heard our son and the voice of a little girl over the baby monitor when he would be playing alone in his bedroom. I would also hear banging and crashing with his toys at night thinking he had gotten up to play. I would go into his room and he would be in bed asleep.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Phil

Fugk off, you Biden loving POS.

+1 From a Californian.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
LOL

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Alaskaland. That is all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Nunica Cemetery!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The 24 hour campfire.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by xarcher
Ohio State Reformatory (prison). Been closed for a long time but they open it up for the public to tour. At night. I went once with wife and some friends. Nothing happened personally but now and then someone would run past me claiming to have seen ghosts.
It’s where Shawshank was filmed.

Yep. About an hour west of me

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I'd love to contribute to this thread but I can't............

Fuck off Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The 24 hour campfire.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Took my grandson deer and bear hunting last weekend and we stumbled upon the grave of a man named Leonard Brown. A white cross out in the middle of nowhere. Somebody had maintained it.

I could tell he was spooked about it. Worrying about his safety. I was looking at all the deer tracks and later he slept with a big unsheathed filet knife.

Fodder for future spooking. Remember Leonard Brown?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
They say Stuckey's Bridge on the Chunky River is haunted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (160user, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 16penny, 1936M71, 56 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,024
Posts18,481,722
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.