Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Which of the two do you like or is there another one to look at. Thank you

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
I've only used Onx. It works pretty well in the places I have service.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They talk about doxing.... with on x I can look up people's addresses if they own the property.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have only tried Onyx and found it to be very good. when I take my UTV off road its very good for letting me know if I am about to trespass.

Pershing 1A. No city too big, no populated area too small. We even get the roaches.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
You dont need service for onx to work. You can download offline maps that work perfectly without service.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I use BaseMap...

I am satisfied.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I used to have on-x mapping. I now have HuntStand. It has continental USA property owners like on-x does but with on-x you can pay for one state or all. HuntStand gives you the continental US boundaries and property owners for the same price as on-x. HuntStand has pretty much the same features as on-x so compare them before you buy. I like both of them as you can download offline maps and use them when you don’t have cell service. The main reason I went with HuntStand was I could search property owners in the continental US instead of one state for the same price. There are a lot of other features I didn’t list but this was the reason I switched. Don’t think you could go wrong with any of the three listed.

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
I use BaseMap, In the areas where I have service, it functions fairly well.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Troutnut
Onx works equally well where you don't have service - IF you've downloaded the maps of your area in advance. If you have limited data on your phone, using OnX offline will save you a bunch of data because you can download it at home using wifi.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Meadows77
You dont need service for onx to work. You can download offline maps that work perfectly without service.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Troutnut
Onx works equally well where you don't have service - IF you've downloaded the maps of your area in advance. If you have limited data on your phone, using OnX offline will save you a bunch of data because you can download it at home using wifi.
Thanks for the info. I knew it was possible just hadn't messed with it much. Usually hunt big blocks of NF where property boundaries didn't really come into play. Hunting some smaller lots of private now

IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
We use onX for a bunch of stuff. Its nice for looking at properties to hunt or buy/lease. But I also use it as a GPS navigation aid. You can do tracks and it has a compass function so for me a full featured GPS. I used it in Newfoundland this year on a grind of a hunt.. 70+ miles in 6 days mostly just to track distances. and in northern Ontario as my primary navigation aid on a moose hunt. Once you have downloaded the sat images/maps you can put your phone in airplane mode and get a couple of days of battery life before charging.

I pay an annual fee but, it probably doesnt work out to more than buying a high end GPS every 5 years or so.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Tried both. Found that GAIA gps does a better job and cost less. The entire USA for 39.00 a year. Has monthly updated satellite pics.

Don't gobble at me
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Fullfan
Tried both. Found that GAIA gps does a better job and cost less. The entire USA for 39.00 a year. Has monthly updated satellite pics.

^^^^^^^^^^^Use this all the time when out hiking...

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

702 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 75 invisible), 3,029 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,106
Posts18,483,278
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.