Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
tdoyka Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
i was raised Roman Catholic and i was Confirmed when i was 12yo. i quit going to catechism when i 13yo. when i was 15yo,i quit going to church. when i was in basic training (Ft Lost in the Woods) i was "told" by my drill instructor that i would go church every Sunday or get smoked. i went to church. i went to a Roman Catholic mass, then a Baptist mass, then a Lutheran mass, i even went to a Mormon mass. i would have even to a Jewish mass but i couldn't find a jew in my platoon. when i graduted basic, my church days were done.

i studied the Bible, Qoran, Torah, Bhagavad Gita, Tripitaka, Kojiki and Nihon Shoki and the Native American religions. out of all of them, i find that the Native American religions (animistic beliefs) are for me. the Great Spirit, Wakan Tanka, Gitche Manitou or God and Jesus are both in the Native American religion.

Oh Great Spirit whose voice in the winds I hear
And whose breath gives life to all the world
Hear me.
Before you I come
One of your many children
I am small & weak.
Your strength & wisdom I need
Let me walk in beauty & make my eyes ever behold the sunset
Make my heart respect all You have made
& my ears sharp to hear Your voice
Make me wise that I may know all You have taught my people
The lessons You have hidden in every rock
I seek strength, not to be superior to my brother
but to fight my greatest enemy – myself
Make me ready to stand before You with clean & straight eyes
So when life fades as the fading sunset, may my spirit stand before You without shame

the Qoran or Koran is a death cult. it is written by Muhammad, a pedophile murderer that exults himself.

the Torah is like guide for life. the Tripitaka is about the monastic life and Buddhist teaching. the Bhagavad Gita, i gave up learning about the different gods, so i can't say much about it. Kojiki and Nihon Shoki were too mystic for me, but there is animistic beliefs, which lead me to my religion. as long as group religion doesn't bother me, it is fine. religion is between God and myself, not God and us (religious types). if you are an atheistic, oh well, you do you.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Folks raised me to be Presbyterian, wanted me to join the church. For their benefit I joined when I was 15...thats the last time I set foot in a church, and it will remain the last time.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Golden Rule.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The right one.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hopeful agnostic or skeptical deist. Depends on the day.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Constitutionalist....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’m an American. That’s enough.

Btw mass is a papist thing.

MAGA
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Christian

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kill 'em all and let *whichever* God sort 'em out.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Independent, Fundamentalist, Non-Denominational, Protestant.

Or, I go to,

A Little White Church on a Hill.

That follows the Bible.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 10/25/23.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Independent, Fundamentalist, Non-Denominational, Protestant.

Or, I go to,

A Little White Church on a Hill.

That follows the Bible.
Same, and as Redneck said a Constitutionalist.

It’s not my business what someone else’s faith or lack of it is so long as they’re a Constitutionalist. When someone actively works against our Constitution they’re a problem.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by tdoyka
i was raised Roman Catholic and i was Confirmed when i was 12yo. i quit going to catechism when i 13yo. when i was 15yo,i quit going to church. when i was in basic training (Ft Lost in the Woods) i was "told" by my drill instructor that i would go church every Sunday or get smoked. i went to church. i went to a Roman Catholic mass, then a Baptist mass, then a Lutheran mass, i even went to a Mormon mass. i would have even to a Jewish mass but i couldn't find a jew in my platoon. when i graduted basic, my church days were done.

i studied the Bible, Qoran, Torah, Bhagavad Gita, Tripitaka, Kojiki and Nihon Shoki and the Native American religions. out of all of them, i find that the Native American religions (animistic beliefs) are for me. the Great Spirit, Wakan Tanka, Gitche Manitou or God and Jesus are both in the Native American religion.

Hear me.
Before you I come
I am small & weak.
So when life fades as the fading sunset, may my spirit stand before You without shame

the Qoran or Koran is a death cult. it is written by Muhammad, a pedophile murderer that exults himself.

the Torah is like guide for life. the Tripitaka is about the monastic life and Buddhist teaching. the Bhagavad Gita, i gave up learning about the different gods, so i can't say much about it. Kojiki and Nihon Shoki were too mystic for me, but there is animistic beliefs, which lead me to my religion. as long as group religion doesn't bother me, it is fine. religion is between God and myself, not God and us (religious types). if you are an atheistic, oh well, you do you.
That’s a lot of words…………

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by NH K9

Aces … “hold my beer.”

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
All religions lead to the same place. It just depends on how you want to get there.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Yer all going to Hell. I'll bring the beer.

Last edited by las; 10/25/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Devout infidel.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm a devout non-believer.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Hear me.
Before you I come
I am small & weak.

Especially just to say he has a picture of John McCain in a heart locket around his neck and wants us to go to war everywhere on your dime and children's lives.

Coulda saved a lot of words.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I belong to the First Church of Gooey Death and Discount House of Worship, right here in Del Rio, Texas.

Now you can get a $10 blessing for just $4.95.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Hear me.
Before you I come
I am small & weak.

Especially just to say he has a picture of John McCain in a heart locket around his neck and wants us to go to war everywhere on your dime and children's lives.

Coulda saved a lot of words.
I trust JellO more than I do someone who writes that much about their beliefs.
There are a few on here that fit the description.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 14,434 guests, and 1,029 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,304
Posts18,545,406
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.