-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sen Jim Risch, R-ID, and Sen Mike Crapo, R-ID, have introduced a bill that will require state approval for wind or solar projects on federal land in that state. This comes from the massive proposed Lave Ridge wind project being planned in southern Idaho. It's a disastrous project that will cover 220 square miles of Idaho's landscape. Idaho residents are overwhelmingly against it but the liberals are pushing it hard. It will tear up hundreds of square miles of Idaho public land while most of the power will go to CA. They plan to build over 400 miles of new roads across Idaho's desert lands. Sec of Interior Deb Haaland has been handed a formal opposition to it but she's bulling her way toward it anyway. She's nothing but a Bidenese liberal. They claim to support the environment but then they want to allow a mess like this.

LINK

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
As long as it's in someone else's back yard they're all for it.

We've been getting warned that we can begin experiencing brownouts and blackouts as the grid gets overworked. I'm guessing some gang banger in Cali needs my power so backdoors deals are being made.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would not be surprised if Congressman Mike Simpson, Rep. Idaho, probably supports the project. Lots and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$ to be put in the pockets of politicians who support it.

Just my guess.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I would not be surprised if Congressman Mike Simpson, Rep. Idaho, probably supports the project. Lots and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$ to be put in the pockets of politicians who support it.

Just my guess.

L.W.
Nope. Both Simpson and Fulcher are strongly against the project. Simpson is liberal but I think even he would be afraid to support it. Idahoans are too strongly against it. If he supported it, he'd get shellacked in the next election.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the info, R.C. I'm glad I missed my guess. Those wind mills and everything that goes with them are an abomination.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Public support doesn't necessarily mirror private

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This is a bill that needs to be passed although I doubt they could get the votes to override a guaranteed veto. This isn't just Idaho. There are huge projects popping up all over the west. The BLM seems like ideal country for them to work their experiments but once they start, there will be no end to it. It's a land grab by the big power generators.

― George Orwell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Campaign fodder at it’s finest.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Idaho imports approximately 1/3rd of its electrical power needs... so what the hell are all of you bitching about...

Phil

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Idaho imports approximately 1/3rd of its electrical power needs... so what the hell are all of you bitching about...

Phil

The power from the Lava Ridge Project is designated for CA delivery, not Idaho.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Phil

https://media.tenor.com/VwR5SK3mPQ0AAAAC/flipping-off-middle-finger.gif

memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
BS, it wouldn't produce enough power to even fulfill your own needs. Idaho produces only 0.5% of the nation's electrical energy and it imports 1/3rd of what it uses. I understand that currently Idaho doesn't have a very large population but still. On the other hand, California produces 3.9% of the nation's power, and it also imports 1/5th of its needed energy, and with a much larger population. But none of it comes from Idaho, nor is it planned on importing from Idaho. Much less Idaho doesn't currently have a single power plant of any kind that even produce just half of what our local NG power plant produces... I worked on it for 2-1/2 years, and it is just a few miles away as a bird fly's, just this one local plant produces 1,100 MW by itself.

Phil

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (2500HD, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,191 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,670
Posts18,493,728
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.