-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
From Miller v. Bonta; “Some antebellum laws prohibited carrying concealed pistols. If there is a history and tradition of government regulation related to guns, this is it. Among the thirty-seven states and the District of Columbia in 1868, about a dozen states had laws that prohibited carrying concealed pistols. Importantly, the concealed carry laws did not prohibit either keeping pistols for all lawful purposes or carrying all guns openly. None of the concealed carry laws included long guns in their restrictions.” JAMES MILLER, et al., Plaintiffs, v. ROB BONTA Case No.: 19-cv-01537 BEN (JLB) pg. 51

In 1870, Tennessee passed the first in the nation total ban on public carry by citizens of loaded firearms, pistols or long guns. It is still on our books today. That makes us the outlier. Forty two (42) other states allow the lawful carry of long guns, only 4 states make it a crime to do so, New York, New Jersey, Florida and Tennessee.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Sounds like I have committed a crime , multiple times
Dam it ! I’m so ashamed 👀
Kenneth

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thing that gets me, Californians are moving into Tennessee by the box car loads, add in those from Illinois and we are teetering on Purple if not outright Blue, and yet during session when trying to get the Legislature to return to the intent of the Founders in the "Patron State of Shootin' Stuff", the home of Crockett, Coffee, Carroll, Sevier, and Shelby I am the only person walking the halls and riding their asses. Moms Demand Action and Everytown fill the rooms and crowd us out.

The trap shooters, dove and deer hunters are going to wish they had got off their asses and got involved. We beat back the Gov.'s Red Flag Law this time, but money talks and bullshit walks.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Copied from a post I made recently.

The left honestly deserves the successes they have been having.
Simply reaping the crop they have been busting their asses sowing for a century.

Meanwhile, Conservatives and Normal Average folks have been oblivious. Happily, ignorantly, going about their workaday lives.

That was easy 70 years ago, 60, but by 50 years ago folks should have been waking up. Cities burned in the 60s and 70s, by then Hippy
Culture was obviously not a good thing, but folks weren't seeing what was behind it. McCarthy wasn't wrong, we know that now. Even though his name is still thrown around as a derogatory.

The Teaparty movement scared them all.
Suddenly, working White People took the day off and showed up
to support their ideals.

But, it fizzled.

MAGA was their nightmare, and it's a re-occurring bad dream
for them. Unfortunately MAGA is centered on one man who
has made himself easy to marginalize. The rest of the movement
simply supports him, or those who mostly ride his coat tails.

Somehow, some way, we need to educate, motivate, and mobilize our ignorant, lethargic, majority army.

I'm still convinced there are huge numbers of legacy Democrat supporters that don't see the light due to media. They are so self-invested in the party, they gleefully buy into the media BS.
It re-affirmz them, and they easily ignore the few voices that counter
the propaganda.

There are enough conservatives, from center to right, that we would become the mainstream if we just stood up.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Guilty myself.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 10/28/23.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
The Teaparty movement scared them all.
Suddenly, working White People took the day off and showed up
to support their ideals.
The Tea Party movement started out great, but was quickly taken over by the heavily funded neocons, who then controlled its message (through MSM access) in the direction of neoconservatism/Zionism, etc. After that, most of its grassroots supporters lost interest, since it wasn't organically a neocon/Zionist movement. Making it a neocon/Zionist movement sapped all the energy out of it, and it quickly faded away.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your direct efforts to change things for the better are admirable.

Personally, I think our best chances are a multi front push.
Legislation is obvious.

The left hasn't accomplished so much by convincing lawmakers though.
They have conquered media, the schools and courts.

Media is the key in our society.
If folks could hear unbiased news, it would be impossible to steal another vote or elect many progressives.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Legislation is obvious.

If folks could hear unbiased news, it would be impossible to steal another vote or elect many progressives.
Once a certain ethnic group gained dominance over sources of information and entertainment in the early 20th century, that battle was lost. There should have been a law in place making it illegal for said group to control more of the press and entertainment industry than would represent their proportion in the US population. Due to their dominance in these areas, however, by very early in the 20th century, no politician would dare go up against it by supporting this sort of legislation, for fear of career suicide, i.e., fear of being destroyed in the press.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Legislation is obvious.

Once a certain ethnic group gained dominance over sources of information and entertainment in the early 20th century, that battle was lost. There should have been a law in place making it illegal for said group to control more of the press and entertainment industry than would represent their proportion in the US population. Due to their dominance in these areas, however, by very early in the 20th century, no politician would dare go up against it by supporting this sort of legislation, for fear of career suicide, i.e., fear of being destroyed in the press.

(((Leo Frank))) was innocent!!!

/sarc

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

/sarc
Is that the dude who murdered that young girl and tried to implicate the black janitor? Found guilty by a jury but, through his political connections, was pardoned, then lynched, thus becoming the impetus for the formation of the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

/sarc
Is that the dude who murdered that young girl and tried to implicate the black janitor? Found guilty by a jury but, through his political connections, was pardoned, then lynched, thus becoming the impetus for the formation of the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith?

Si senor. LBJ and his family were lifelong advocates for the innocence of Leo Frank, btw.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Legislation is obvious.

You mean Caucasians of Russian heritage and Stalinist political leanings?

It seems McCarthy tried to do something, and people found it unconstitutional.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
It seems McCarthy tried to do something, and people found it unconstitutional.
Exactly. The press destroyed him.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Legislation is obvious.

We have started a series of law suits as well, the first one named the Governor and the AG as defendants. they moved to dismiss but we won that round, the 3 Judge panel said we were correct to choose them as defendants.

We argue merits Dec. 19th. It moves slow. We charge the entire state is a gun free zone per 39-17-1307 (a) (1). I think we prevail on the merits of a Bruen challenge.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,459 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,167
Posts18,484,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.