Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Wow that's the biggest hollow point I've ever seen in a bullet.
Looks like a fun gun.

Hal

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The P32 is my favorite pistol. I see no point carrying big guns chambered for .32 caliber. If one likes revolvers .327 SP, LCR, or J frame would be sweet guns.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Friends,

I figured we could start a thread and repository in the same manner we did for the .44 Magnum and .44 Special. Only here we concentrate on the .32s. The 327 Magnum, .32 H&R, .32 ACP, or whichever you like.

In the last year or so I have been hit up with a good number of requests for .327 Magnum and .32 H&R ammo. The only problem was I didn't make any. Plus didn't own any guns chambered in such cartridges. The same thing happened previously in reference to the .41 Magnum. One of the guys here, RJM1952 ended up sending out a gun and after a lot of waiting for components and other delays I was able to start making ammo.

Kind of the same thing happened here. I didn't own anything in .32. Along comes Bob and someone in the gun industry. Bob shipped out a 4" Ruger GP100 in .327 Magnum. Another person shipped out a Ruger LCR. So I bought a bunch of stuff to load with and the appropriate components.

After some testing, the final load was low recoil .32 H&R, 100 grain poly-cote full wadcutter.

At 25 yards with irons it shoots quite well, though I am going to have to out a red dot on to really get the most out of it, as my eyes just don't see iron sights like they used to.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Recoil is pretty much non existent in the GP100.

Switching to the LCR I was not as accurate with the tiny sights, but for 25 yards I won't complain.

I have been looking at some Single Sevens on Gunbroker and elsewhere.

I recall reading about Idaho 1945 plugging Rockchucks, and maybe a badger (not 100% sure on my memory on the badger part) with a .327 here.

Lot of cool stuff out there on both ends of the spectrum. You have very low recoil, 6 shot pocket guns with .32 H&R wadcutters, and some smoking fast .327 mag loads that are getting some pretty impressive numbers on the other end.

cool

Are you selling those 32 loads?

Not quite yet, but will be eventually here.

I knew there were a good number of .32 shooters, but for whatever reason it seems to be one of those fun little guns that doesn't get mentioned as much as others.

Obviously it makes a pretty smoking good small game gun.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
Here are a few of my 32's, 327's & 32/20's. These are great guns, low recoil, very accurate & a pound of powder goes a long way. I shoot nothing but powder coated cast & it works well for me.

Tell us about the Pronghorn Dick!

And the others too.. smile

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HawkI

If my research is correct that's a pretty rare bird right there. Nice revolver, very nice revolver.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Thanks!

Yeah, they are kinda rare, but they are out there.

Pre-war Smiths are even rarer, to the point I don't think most of us have ever seen one!

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by irfubar
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That speaks to me. What are the grips?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I'm going to guess mammoth ivory.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I'm going to guess mammoth ivory.

Guys, I am almost ashamed to admit, they are Ebay Faux aged ivory... I too was taken in by the looks... I like them

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Been a fan for years. This one resides in Idaho.

These here in Texas.

Playing with some old Lett's grips.

A different trio.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He got a 32 gun in his pocket for fun. He got a razor in his shoe.....

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Guys, I am almost ashamed to admit, they are Ebay Faux aged ivory... I too was taken in by the looks... I like them

And that is why I did not guess. They make some gorgeous stuff these days.

There is nothing to be ashamed of in that revolver.

I have also seen some attractive grips built from giraffe bone.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Another one of my regrets. I failed to acquire one of those bisley single sevens when they were available cheap. I bought a SS bisley single six to use the parts to convert the single seven shown above. My gunsmith advised me after the attempt, the parts were not quite compatible.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
The first gun in the photo is my 8 shot Blackhawk 327 & a very dead rock chuck taken with the 116 gr GC HP & a hefty charge of H110. Second photo is the same gun with some ground squirrels, I made the stocks out of Amboyna Burl.
The third photo is my 32 magnum single six shooting the RCBS 100 gr swc over 3.0 grs of WST, runs about 950 fps, very accurate & minimal recoil. Then the same gun along with my Buckeye 32/20 that also has a 32 magnum cylinder. Built on the Blackhawk frame, when using the 32 magnum cylinder you almost....almost have to look down the barrel to make sure the bullet is gone. Do NOT do this!
Ermine with the 32/20 Buckeye & the 116 gr HP, this is a very fast load, could be used for deer with the heavy 135 gr bullet. These Ermine are called Weasels in the summer.
Big rock chuck, taken with the 8 shot 327 Blackhawk & the 116 gr GC HP. Utah depredation antelope taken at 74 yds with the 8 shot Blackhawk & the 135 gr Ferminator GC HP. Even though this is a HP it is a long shank bullet & holds up very well on game. The antelope was down in 10-15 yds & complete penetration.
Grouse with the single six 32 magnum & 3.0 grs of WST, very little meat damage with this load, you can eat the bullet hole. Blackhawk 32/20 target at 25 yds, extremely accurate with a cheap 1X4 scope. Shootist, limited edition edition Single Seven 327 with stag horn stocks, gun is reworked by Bobby Tyler of Friona, Texas, shoots better than I can.
S&W 4" 16-4 in 32 magnum & combat stocks, scary accurate with either the 100 gr RCBS or a 100 gr plain base HP. 5.5 grs of WST makes it whistle Dixie!! S&W 32 Long 5 shot pocket gun. The double action master, Bob with my 8 shot 38 Super & 128 gr HP's, had to wrestle it away from him, he's a snake shooting it double action. Here's Bob with a Rock Chuck with the 16-4.

Dick

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I would love to hear more about the 8 shot 38 Super. I think Bob is purposely hiding it, maybe he thinks it wants to live on the East Coast.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I had one of these 38 Supers the first year they came out, can't remember when that was but it's been probably 20 years ago & it would not shoot anything I put in it. And I stayed with it for a long time, Bob told me he had one & had the same problem, they just would not shoot. Both of us got rid of them. I also had one in an 8 shot 357 on the N frame.
Then I found this one about 5 years ago & took a chance on it, knowing the history of them, at least some of them. This one is a real hummer with just about any load I feed it. A good cast bullet, sized a bit larger than my 1911's is the trick & it sings like Sinatra! I think it took 3-4 rounds of boxing to get it back from Bob.

Dick

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by huntsman22
He got a 32 gun in his pocket for fun. He got a razor in his shoe.....
Baddest man in the whole damn town.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A change of pace, a brace of auto's in 32ACP. Savage and Colt

Attached Images
triple 32's, Savage and Colt b.jpg (29.88 KB, 414 downloads)

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
My one and only 32 . Local auction pickup basically because I had a couple boxes of ammo for one. Old school Smith hand ejector from around 1900[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Troutnut
My one and only 32 . Local auction pickup basically because I had a couple boxes of ammo for one. Old school Smith hand ejector from around 1900[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I've got one like that, too. Bought it like ten years ago, maybe more. I was amazed at how affordable it was, considering it was in pretty nice shape for a pre-war S&W revolver. I suspect it was its chambering that kept the price so reasonable. Not sure if that situation is still the norm, though. I haven't priced them, recently.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

402 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 36 invisible), 1,996 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,121
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.