Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Long story, but I had Strelock Pro (it was great!)and lost it (thanks Joey).

Then I went to 4DOF, it’s okay, but it doesn’t have near the features Strelock did. Granted, there are some extras you can pay for.

Then I tried Ballistic AE, now I’m a bit of a luddite, but it’s the least intuitive damn thing I’ve ever monkeyed with. Reading the reviews, it’s supposed to be wonderful, but damned if I can figure it out.

Hate to do it, but I’m about to download the Strelock knock-off until the real thing comes back.

GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
You don’t hear a lot of talk about it, but I use Shooter. It’s very intuitive and simple. It doesn’t have the best bullet library so sometimes I have to manually enter a projectile. I have found if you enter the data correctly it delivers good solutions. Last week I had some people at the range and I was showing them how it could be pretty easy to do and we set up several rifles, shot true zeros while using a LabRadar so we had real velocities. We then measured height over bore and entered it all into Shooter. We then compared the density altitude from my Kestrel to Shooter using the weather station and they were both within 200 feet so good to go. We started verifying the rifles from 300 out to 1200 yards at 100 yard intervals. Worked flawlessly and matched my Kestrel data. Good data in and reliable solutions out. I’ve done this exercise more than once and it’s always worked.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So far I have been lucky and can still use StrelokPro.
I did download Ballistic AE but I do not care for it much. Probably just not used to it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lucky with StrelokPro, until this phone breaks.

My gun plumber, former USMC. Mechanical Engineer now, uses Shooter and swears by it. Quite a few we shot PRS with use it as I recall. I'll switch to it when I need to make a switch.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shooter is pretty good, but I definitely prefer AE.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I find it plum AMAZING,that someone could be stumped by AE. Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not everybody is running an iOS device.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I use Shooter and really like it. Also have StrelokPro and enjoy it. Download JBM and it will give you very good firing solution’s too plus it’s free. If you put the right information in most apps should give you the proper firing solutions. I check Shooter and StrelokPro against each other all the time and their solutions are always even or a click or two apart from each other. JBM is a great way to go if you want a free app and it has great outputs too. Never have tried AB as the solutions I got from these apps have been satisfactory.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Not everybody is running an iOS device.

Yeah, some of us just aren't that fashionable.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
IC B3

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
GeoBallistics is decent and quite beginner/user friendly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GSSP
Have enjoyed and been very successful with Shooter on my phones the past 15 years. I became a Kestrel 5700 Elite convert two years back. Stand alone or I bluetooth it quite often with my Leica Geovid 10x32 Pros and get instant, super accurate dope and wind. Using just the dope and wind pulled out of the Pro's on several occasions i've made first round impacts with my 300 PRC and 208 gr LRX at 550, 800, 1060 and 1117 yds.

Alan
Doesn’t the Leica geovids have all this stuff combined in their unit? I thought it pulled barometric data for the dope automatically? Except wind of course. I use the new swaro ta el range and it’s supposed to do it as well. Just haven’t really tried it out all the way yet.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 12/03/23.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
For simplicity, I like the Bullet Drop app. It is free and does all that I need.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Have been using Shooter for some 15 years. I use it mostly for easy comparisons and verification of DOPE numbers. In the field and competition, Kestrel 5700 Elite. With it's ability to bluetooth to my Leica Geovid Pro's, I can get live or at least very recently obtain environmentals, giving more precise DOPE.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Shooter.

Disclaimer -- I can't hit a Red Bull at 1.5 miles.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Buddy of mine got me started on Strelok Pro. He recently got a new iPhone and lost it due the political crap. I just got a new phone (Samsung) and Strelok transferred over just fine. I'll keep using it...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (Bluethunder8, BALLISTIK, Akhutr, 10 invisible), 1,240 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,147
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.