Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Short story. I went to the hospital back in February because I thought I was having a heart attack. Ended up I was severely dehydrated and I joked it was a $3,000 bottle of water. Everything fine, but the platelets are low, likely from the dehydration. I took my 30th Anniversary in April trip to Greece, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, etc. Then caught a bug on return and got multi-focal pneumonia. It put me int he hospital for days and then weeks to recover. Took the wife on a Caribbean cruise for the real anniversary date and had a great time just chilling on beaches. Like a Corona commercial for 10 days straight. Two weeks later, I'm reviewing my charts from the hospital and noticed a couple of blood tests that were out of whack, including the platelets. My PC doc said not to worry, that when you are sick with infection, your blood counts get wonky. I told him okay, but now that I'm better, shouldn't we run the same tests as a precaution to insure nothing was wrong? He humored me and ordered the tests. Low WBC, Low RBC, Low platelets, High mean corpuscle volume, low hematocrit, low hemoglobin. I get a referral to a hematologist and get a bone marrow biopsy.

The phone call came yesterday confirming cancer.

Guys - Do it all. Don't wait for retirement. Take the trip. Love deeply, LIVE recklessly. Don't waste a day.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 10/28/23.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I hope you fight it and win big. Prayers offered.
B

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sorry to hear of your troubles. What type? Prognosis?

Keep your head up.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sorry. Kick its ass!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Sorry to hear

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hate reading this, godspeed

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fight despair as a blood sworn enemy.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope and good thoughts headed your way! Stay positive!

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh man, so sorry. I hope it's treatable. Lung cancer took my Dad in 2012 and it always hurts to see that someone has cancer of some sort.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, glad you got some bucket list items done. Do more if you can. Sue your PC. Best to you, have lost too many to Cancer. The clock is running on us all. Most are unaware. Look outside the box for arms in the battle. Suzanne Somers got 20 + years. Strength and honor brother.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Sorry to hear. Hope you deal with it successfully. Good Luck!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
No Scheit! My wife and I are coming off a bunch of surgeries since 2019, pulmonary and structural. One more for her and we are off for about five or six expensive trips. I’m 79, she is a young 77.
There will be plenty left for the kids.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Prayers done here for your problems remission.

Heck, since HE doesn't charge us for them, they are free.

Take care and GOD Bless.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/28/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sorry to hear this, prayers sent!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'll have the exact diagnosis next Friday. Could be a few different things, but they've ruled out leukemia and Multiple Myeloma. I've got the best blood cancer team in Colorado working for me.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
What's the diagnosis?

Hoping it's CLL/CML. Pretty good prognosis.

Is it myeloid leukemia? Or something else?

Prayers regardless.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
What's the diagnosis?

Hoping it's CLL/CML. Pretty good prognosis.

Is it myeloid leukemia? Or something else?

Prayers regardless.

Not sure yet, Doc said it was rare and they had some gene mapping to do to nail it down. Less than 1,000 cases/year the US.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sorry to hear,best of luck to you.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Sorry to hear this and prayers for your fight.

You point out a very important thing about being your own patient advocate. It's extremely important that if folks think something isn't right, ask questions and push for answers. You know your own body better than any doctor. That questioning attitude is something that can save your life.

Not to detract from your thread, but I'll share a story on why it's so important that people have a questioning mindset and push for answers with the medical folks.

My brother started his ordeal with blood in his urine. It was diagnosed as a bladder infection and prescribed some antibiotics. Went off and on for months with reoccurring "bladder infections". Finally, they did some more testing and diagnosed a "spongy kidney" that could leak blood into the urine. They tell him nothing to worry about, fairly common to experience blood in the urine from time to time. Went another year and a half dealing with blood in the urine until he had excruciating back pain. Diagnosed as kidney stone, "it will pass" they tell him. Weeks later he goes in because he can't take it anymore. They do more testing, cancer in the kidney, ureter, bladder. Had now spread to liver, brain, lungs. Passed away at the age of 45.

Almost 2 years of a faulty diagnosis. When we reflected on it, he said that once he got the "good news" that it's not cancer, he stopped questioning it, even though he felt something wasn't right. If he had a second opinion early on, who knows, they might have caught it early enough. It's important for people to take control of their own patient advocacy and also for your loved ones.

Best wishes for a good outcome with your diagnosis.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wishing you the best.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

171 members (280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 18 invisible), 1,601 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,334
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.