Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The BAR Safari hasn't ANYTHING "redeeming" in it's regards mechanically,especially in the chamberings cited. I is rather easy,to drop case capacity,ride a GOOD bullet and slap the 25-06 and 270 silly,with much in the way of reduced recoil. Hint.

Now as the .257" 90gr BK goes,it is a whopping pile of fhuqking schit and can't begin to muster a .400 BC. A Speedmire with 88's slaps THE fhuqk out of it,starting at the muzzle and wayyyyyy beyond the 600yd line. Hint.

You Amazingly CLUELESS Fhuqks are a HOOT! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
You might not like the cartridges, but BAR internal mechanics held up through multiple world wars...

HR IC

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
You said deer rifle so my pick is a 25.06 every time, but my opinion is bias because I've been shooting one for around 35yrs. I have always used a 120gr bullet in mine with excellent results from close up to far off and it has always performed extremely well on game. The 25.06 is a flat shooting caliber with mild recoil that hits the target hard. Rest assured if you choose a 25.06 you won't regret it. All this of course is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions .... everybody has one. Mike

Life's Tough, God's Good, Pray Hard!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeezus Fhuqk,you Drooltards are fhuqking CLUELESS. Hint.

I DARE you to cite "The AMAZING 120gr" particulars and muse these contrived LR "Conquests". Pardon physics,while you Pretend aloud via Fabricated Delusion(s). Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a BAR Safari in .270. Recoil feels similar to a light .243 Bolt action.

My 8 year old son has shot it and didn’t mind, as well as my small framed wife.

Unless you have a serious injury/condition, I wouldn’t worry one but about .270 recoil in a BAR.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Really like my old 700 .25-06...first centerfire rifle I bought with my own money, first caliber I learned to handload, killed my first deer with it.

So, yes....I like mine.

Low recoil, kills above the numbers, and it ain't a .270 or creed..lol

But I have them too.

I run 115 Nosler Ballistic Tips in mine.....my (now deceased) F-I-L ran 100 grain Sierra Gamekings in his....

Burt2506

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A typical BAR,is gonna go 8lbs nekked. Scoped it's 9+. Just "PERFECT" for an 8yr old,you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk. Yanking the trigger with eyes closed from the bench,ain't much of a "feat",besides being a DIRTY Fhuqking Trick. Hint.

Crippled Crying Fhuqks,fretting recoil,can do MUCH better and in a parcel farrrrrrrrrrrr easier to handle. That while exceeding it's(25-06/270) "performance". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
My 25/06 shooting 100g bullets has less recoil than my 270 shooting 140’s.

The 25/06 may be harder to find ammo locally for though that’s not the case where I live, if you were only shooting deer it’s plenty. Ive heard of guys taking elk with a 25/06 but if I had to choose I’d always go 270 just for the heavier bullet IF there’s a chance you’d ever want to use it for something else.

Both are great cartridges and very capable of deer hunting so I’d say whichever you can find ammo for easily.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mass in and of itself,makes little to no fhuqks. Hint................

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
I'm trying to decide between the .25-06 and the .270 Win for my next deer rifle (likely a Browning BAR Safari). While the .270 isn't really a hard kicker, the older i get the less I like recoil. Will there be any real-world difference in felt recoil between the two?
I can read all sorts of shizzle on the internet, but some experience of knowledgeable people will be helpful.
Of those two, I'd go .270
If you ever wanted to hunt elk, you'd be in better shape with the .270

DD -unaffiliated
M77 25-06
"Donored" a M700 .270 for a 280AI

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
270 recoil in a BAR should be a kitten.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The BAR Safari hasn't ANYTHING "redeeming" in it's regards mechanically,especially in the chamberings cited. I is rather easy,to drop case capacity,ride a GOOD bullet and slap the 25-06 and 270 silly,with much in the way of reduced recoil. Hint.

Now as the .257" 90gr BK goes,it is a whopping pile of fhuqking schit and can't begin to muster a .400 BC. A Speedmire with 88's slaps THE fhuqk out of it,starting at the muzzle and wayyyyyy beyond the 600yd line. Hint.

Do any of y'all even understand what this creep ^^^ is even saying? Reading his ruminations is like trying to decipher gibberish from some character in the Star Wars bar scene.

First of all, Stick-shift, I didn't ask for nor do I give a fhuq about your opinion on the BAR. Actually, I don't really give a fhuq about your opinion on anything related to, well, anything. I don't know what ails ya, son, but it appears that you need some help. "Hint"

For you other gentlemen, thank you for your responses and discussion thus far. I appreciate you sharing your experiences with the 25-06 vs 270.
I do handload for everything I own and haven't purchased factory ammo in probably the last 15 years.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Do any of y'all even understand what this creep ^^^ is even saying? Reading his ruminations is like trying to decipher gibberish from some character in the Star Wars bar scene.

First of all, Stick-shift, I didn't ask for nor do I give a fhuq about your opinion on the BAR. Actually, I don't really give a fhuq about your opinion on anything related to, well, anything. I don't know what ails ya, son, but it appears that you need some help. "Hint"

For you other gentlemen, thank you for your responses and discussion thus far. I appreciate you sharing your experiences with the 25-06 vs 270.
I do handload for everything I own and haven't purchased factory ammo in probably the last 15 years.
He’s talking physics and the advancement of bullets.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Yes, but at the ranges that most people actually shoot their deer in WV, and probably in most other states east of the Mississippi River, I wouldn't expect a bullet's BC to be a mission critical factor.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Sweetheart,

You STARTED the fhuqking thread,by asking questions,you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk. If only obviously,you sure as fhuqk aren't equipped to give "answers". Hint.

I don't state opinions,I simply mused Facts. Pardon Physics upsetting you so and perhaps yell at your calculator,to satiate your Drooling Brokedicktitude(won't work). If you keep flapping your Fairy Wings in said fashion,you are liable to take flight. Perhaps consider holding your breath,in order to add even more HISSY to your fit?!? Hint.

Be SURE to cite any/all words that are "too big" or "too Technical" for you and I'll happily pull spark plugs,until your "means","abilities" and "comprehension" gain traction. Until then,you might want to consider (3) Midol and 1000cc's of Vagisil,in your usual location(s). Hint.

As an aside,I shoot 25-284's,25-06's,25-06AI and of course 270 Win's. Pardon my being afforded the luxuries of not being forced to guess,as you stomp your itty-bitty feet and plead your Professional Victim Status...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

You'd do well to simply shut the fhuqk up,take notes and apply same. Not that I don't LOVE to see/hear Melting Snowflakes and your High Pitched Nasal Whine,sure is fhuqking soothing. HINT.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Yes, but at the ranges that most people actually shoot their deer in WV, and probably in most other states east of the Mississippi River, I wouldn't expect a bullet's BC to be a mission critical factor.

OK you old Fudd

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

It's liar Larry, Johnny one note. His comprehension is small, and his experience even less, so he ad nauseum repeats the same gobelty goop pile of crap endlessly. It's all he knows. Hint.

He doesn't care what question was asked, or what the reasons were for such. Just runs his puberty level mouth and tries to look big.

Not far behind is the moderator of this site himself. Puts bribes and BS ahead of decency, and a site that could actually be something, if managed properly.

If it is a free for all, one troll like this destroys the whole thing.

Back to your orginal topic before once again, the train got derailed by a heaping pile of Big Schitt....

If you want a BAR, get one. If you want a 25-06, get one. If BS thinks it's wrong, it's all the more reason to get one. I'd trust my barber for gun advice over even thinking of getting it from that fraud clown.

Last edited by KenMi; 10/29/23.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Sweetheart,

You STARTED the fhuqking thread,by asking questions,you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk. If only obviously,you sure as fhuqk aren't equipped to give "answers". Hint.

I don't state opinions,I simply mused Facts. Pardon Physics upsetting you so and perhaps yell at your calculator,to satiate your Drooling Brokedicktitude(won't work). If you keep flapping your Fairy Wings in said fashion,you are liable to take flight. Perhaps consider holding your breath,in order to add even more HISSY to your fit?!? Hint.

Be SURE to cite any/all words that are "too big" or "too Technical" for you and I'll happily pull spark plugs,until your "means","abilities" and "comprehension" gain traction. Until then,you might want to consider (3) Midol and 1000cc's of Vagisil,in your usual location(s). Hint.

As an aside,I shoot 25-284's,25-06's,25-06AI and of course 270 Win's. Pardon my being afforded the luxuries of not being forced to guess,as you stomp your itty-bitty feet and plead your Professional Victim Status...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

You'd do well to simply shut the fhuqk up,take notes and apply same. Not that I don't LOVE to see/hear Melting Snowflakes and your High Pitched Nasal Whine,sure is fhuqking soothing. HINT.

Whenever we see such a long diatribe from you we all know we have touched a nerve. Sorry, girl.
And I'm confident that you know less about physics than myself, me holding a Master's degree in Physical and Mathematical Sciences from North Carolina State University. I'm guessing you maybe graduated from high school, but i wouldn't put any money on it. You're a pitiful little fellow.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KenMi

It's liar Larry, Johnny one note. His comprehension is small, and his experience even less, so he ad nauseum repeats the same gobelty goop pile of crap endlessly. It's all he know. Hint.

He doesn't care what question was asked, or what the reasons were for such. Just runs his puberty level mouth and tries to look big.

Not far behind is the moderator of this site himself. Puts bribes and BS ahead of decency, and a site that could actually be something, if managed properly.

If it is a free for all, one troll like this destroys the whole thing.
Oh, he doesn't ruin ANYTHING for me. It's hilarious how worked up he gets, but sad at the same time. Probably some sort of little-man syndrome.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KenBitchAgain,

In "fairness",you are THE Consummate Professional Victim...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Cryingoasis,

Feel free to keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel same,with wares that exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm HAPPY to be whatever you NEED most,to satiate your Whining Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Keep The Hurt Feeler Reports coming,you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk. Hint.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Sweetheart,

Whenever we see such a long diatribe from you we all know we have touched a nerve. Sorry, girl.
And I'm confident that you know less about physics than myself, me holding a Master's degree in Physical and Mathematical Sciences from North Carolina State University. I'm guessing you maybe graduated from high school, but i wouldn't put any money on it. You're a pitiful little fellow.

Does NC State offer refunds?

Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

235 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 280ACKIMP, 1lessdog, 160user, 264mag, 30 invisible), 1,673 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,972
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.