Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
https://twitter.com/osavir/status/1717819098850009547?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1717819098850009547%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

This is worth the watch. An Israeli "special policeman", either current or former, DID have a pistol at home, and put it to good use. He had a Glock 19 and put paid to several Hama goons trying to enter his house. He was apparently known to the Hamas folks, and they wanted him for a hostage. He declined their offer. Rather than the pistol he used, it was his tactics that saved the day, at least, that's how it appears to me. Thank goodness for subtitles.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I can't seem to get the link to work right, just cut and paste it to your browser.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
what an ordeal

Sam......

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
That was definitely a 'tough day at the office'.

I'm glad he prevailed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ordinary people doing the extraordinary. at least he prepared for the ultimate 'what ifs' in life before needing to act on them

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Good guy with a gun prevails. God bless him and his family.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Dayum! 😳 nice work!

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
When killers are about it takes a good guy with a gun to stop them. Especially when he knows how to fight with it.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If all Israelis had been allowed to own guns….

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gen 2 Glock?

FMJ ammo?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You guys will believe anything🤣

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The 6 Ps in action. When you pre plan, and the bad guys are not prepared for you, you do have a chance to prevail, if you keep your head. Actual function comes down to maintaining operational awareness under pressure.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, there was at least one unused RPG and it seems like a lot of other Hamas weapons in his house when this was over. I can't say what I would do, but I would have at least thought about arming any other good guys I safely could get to. It's a shame that the civilian population there were almost entirely unarmed. It almost certainly never will happen, but if something like that happened in my semi rural WV development, I think there would be a lot of bad guys with wounds from 5.56, 7.62, and various deer rifles.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
That is the very concept from 10/7 on nobody wants to talk about. Why were all these Israeli citizens unarmed living next to Gaza one of the biggest concentrations of terrorists on the fugging planet? Perpetual victims of their own mentality and every fugging time they ask the US to bail their asses out. jfc. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
That is the very concept from 10/7 on nobody wants to talk about. Why were all these Israeli citizens unarmed living next to Gaza one of the biggest concentrations of terrorists on the fugging planet? Perpetual victims of their own mentality and every fugging time they ask the US to bail their asses out. jfc. Mb

Perpetual victims. Well said.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

Agreed, it seems like they all thought their military was on the ball when in fact they were not.....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
reading some of the aftermath from so called news stories, it would appear that Israel does not have a second amendment, and most citizens cannot own guns. It would also appear that the Biden administration has warned Israel not to distribute guns to civilians or it will stop supplying them to Israel. As far as GAZA goes, Israel withdrew from the place in order to appease the Arabs, and let them rule themselves, and then Hamas was elected. There is always a of political pressure on Israel to appease the very groups that want to exterminate every Jew in the entire world. The Jews are difficult people, always have been, (even Moses had a hard time with them) and who knows who has done what to whom, however no group of people should have to be faced with extermination.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Good guy with a gun prevails. God bless him and his family.

^^^This^^^

It's a shame more were not armed that day. The outcome would have been different if those families were able to defend themselves. At least they could have bought some precious time for the Cavalry to arrive.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
"According to the ministry's updated conditions, any Israeli citizen interested in obtaining a permit, either for self-defense or because they are serving in the IDF, will be entitled to a gun license, provided that they have medical approval, police approval, and passed the exams for carrying private firearms."

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (16penny, 204guy, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,621
Posts18,474,017
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.