Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I'm venturing in to a world of optics that is new to me. Want to mount a Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16 on a Wby MK5. Has an EGW Steel Rail on it already. EGW shows their own rings out of stock, what would the experts opinion be on my best bet rings?

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Warne are built like a brick sh1thouse

WARNEWarne Scope Mounts, Maxima Permanent Attachable Weaver Style Rings, 30mm, High Height, Matte Black https://a.co/d/hpgbwnb

Last edited by plumbum; 10/30/23.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Burris XTR, but I'd go lows for that scope. No need for high rings with that one. Assuming it's a 4-16x44. OP only specified "4-16"

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
This is my highly preferred ring set, with the posi-line inserts. They come in 30 mm and in 1 inch. This set with two screws per side works for me.
https://www.amazon.com/Burris-Optics-Signature-Zee-Rings/dp/B004R79L1Q?th=1
[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Big Stick has posted photos of a heavier style with three screws per side. They are a bit more expensive. The Burris XTR
Ah, Heck. You will have to c/p this one. The link is giving me fits.

https://www.amazon.com/Burris-Brandnameinternalx-Rings-420231-Signaturex/dp/B00U1AVBRU/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2WHS3LRZOKQYY&keywords=Burris%2Bsix%2Bscrew%2Brings&qid=1698731043&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=burris%2Bsix%2Bscrew%2Brings%2Csporting%2C175&sr=1-7&th=1

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Either are compatible with a standard rail.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Good pics IS. 👍🏼

I prefer the 2 screw base over 1 screw but Warne are the ones I use most often.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
The Warnes are tough as hell. I found the vertical split Warnes easy to over torque. Many, many years ago I left permanent compression dents in a pair of Bushnell 4200 3-9x40s. I was glad I got them on clearance for $99, but still. They both still work well and have been given to my kids.

Anyway, the Burris signature poly inserts will not mar a scope. Well,,,,,maybe if you cave man tighten them. Never say never.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I just don’t possess the requisite fine motor skills to walk and chew gum so the vertical split rings and I had a short tenuous relationship before I broke up with them. 😀

Maybe someday, if I ever progress beyond caveman status, maybe then I can have nice things but for now everything is caveman tight and Marine proofed. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Im running Arken Helos.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For Weaver style stuff, my favorites are the vertical split Warnes and Leupold PRW's. Got several of each, although I sometimes wonder if I should try some of those Burris Zee rings. I have talked to guys that love them and always see positive comments on internet forums like this one.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Rails look bad on a nice rifle. Have you considered something like Talley bases and rings?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by hanco; 10/31/23.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve used TPS rings on EGW rails.

Works well.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
The Burris signature XTRs are pretty buff and have the advantages of the inserts in alignment and protecting the scope from marks, but they are are steel and pretty heavy. Its my go to when weight isn't a concern. The Seekins rings are well made and have dual screws on the ring and base, being aluminum they are lighter. Those would be my two choices.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seekins, Near Mfg, or Nightforce UltraLites......

Last edited by 300MAG; 10/31/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Burris, Signature and the xtr versions. Also use Vortex pro series. They used to be a good bargain but have gone up quite a bit the last few years (what hasn’t).

I’ve had mixed luck on cheapo Amazon rings. Have a couple sets of Monstro, I think that’s what they are anyway. Have to replace the screws as they are quite short, but very serviceable for little money. I’ll buy more.

Bought a pair some years ago off Amazon that were cast from some sort of garbage aluminum. After pulling threads with little pressure, I took the cap off and was pretty easily able to twist and tear it. Straight garbage. I don’t recall the brand of those. Sun optics maybe?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These are the ones I like from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Monstrum-Alu...115ada1&pd_rd_i=B0BBLCGF8P&psc=1

They sell a set made of 60 series aluminum for about half that amount.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Burris Rings and Mounts- amazon

Here you go- in case you were needing help finding from earlier post.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Idaho Shooter- I pasted for you - wondering if by chance you were using Brave for a browser? Mine was doing the same thing other day but works fine now.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by noKnees
The Burris signature XTRs are pretty buff and have the advantages of the inserts in alignment and protecting the scope from marks, but they are are steel and pretty heavy. Its my go to when weight isn't a concern. The Seekins rings are well made and have dual screws on the ring and base, being aluminum they are lighter. Those would be my two choices.
The Burris XTR Signature is an aluminum ring with inserts. It’s all I use on rails.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by noKnees

Sometime's this go light attitude really amuses me. Set of steel ring's is pretty heavy? How heavy can the be anyway? Doesn't really matter to me much as I don't buy rings looking to make my rifle lighter, I buy them to mount a scope on the rifle!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (12344mag, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 78 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,530
Posts18,530,852
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.