-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SST's are the worst cup/core that Hornie makes. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) hearts,for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Plenty on Midway. Nosler, Speer, Sierra, Berger, Barnes.
I'd pick any of those over Hornely any day.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Big Stick
SST's are the worst cup/core that Hornie makes. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) hearts,for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Guess you wouldn’t know how well they work considering any body with half a brain, which everyone knows yours is toast, HINT ! you don’t use them for tougher game ! Dumb half wit SOB!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweetheart,

Your Imagination and Pretend,are yet again taking you to places that don't exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now what were the "odds",that besides being a Drooling Brokedick CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit?!? Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fortunately for you and your ilk,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". My how the story changes. Hint.

As an aside,the Montucky 243 that "doesn't shoot",is seemingly Fair To Middlin' as of this afternoon. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for "living" vicariously,despite it being your ONLY move.

Keep guessing,you are doing "GREAT!". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah !!! You talk more sh it than a two dollar radio. More static than anything! Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Last edited by anothergun; 10/27/23.
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by 243guru
Can't find many bullets for 243, 95gr sst or or 100 hornandy sp which to chose.
Midway has 80 gr lead free poly tip, and a 90 gr boat tail poly tip available as seconds. And on the main page, the Burger Elite Hunter in 108 gr, 95 gr Nosler bt, Barnes XXX in 80 gr, Sierra GK 100 gr spbt, Speer 100 gr spbt, Hornady 100 gr spbt, Speer GS 100 gr FB, Hornady 95 gr SST FB,....and that is just half way down the first page of two.

Of the two you have on hand, the 95 gr SST is showing excellent performance on paper from a 6mm Rem and has also proven accurate in a couple Vangard 243s. I am pretty sure neither will bounce off of a deer.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by 243guru
Can't find many bullets for 243, 95gr sst or or 100 hornandy sp which to chose.
Midway has 80 gr lead free poly tip, and a 90 gr boat tail poly tip available as seconds. And on the main page, the Burger Elite Hunter in 108 gr, 95 gr Nosler bt, Barnes XXX in 80 gr, Sierra GK 100 gr spbt, Speer 100 gr spbt, Hornady 100 gr spbt, Speer GS 100 gr FB, Hornady 95 gr SST FB,....and that is just half way down the first page of two.

Of the two you have on hand, the 95 gr SST is showing excellent performance on paper from a 6mm Rem and has also proven accurate in a couple Vangard 243s. I am pretty sure neither will bounce off of a deer.

well that's reassuring ! Good thing you fill us in, thanks !

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Load for a buddy with a skeleton stock 243. Sierra 100 gr BT #1560. IMR 4831, 43 grains. Shoots under 3/4 in that rifle and he loves that combo for normal range shots. Hunts several different states every yr and piles them up.

Just loaded him another batch today. I can only go off his assessments. He mostly stand hunts so mostly broadside shots I'm assuming. He says that bullet takes their running gear out quickly without much bloodshot. He's a meat hunter, don't think he intentionally tries to hit the shoulders for what that's worth for info.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Hornaday SST is an excellent whitetail, antelope, and mule deer bullet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Load for a buddy with a skeleton stock 243. Sierra 100 gr BT #1560. IMR 4831, 43 grains. Shoots under 3/4 in that rifle and he loves that combo for normal range shots. Hunts several different states every yr and piles them up.

Just loaded him another batch today. I can only go off his assessments. He mostly stand hunts so mostly broadside shots I'm assuming. He says that bullet takes their running gear out quickly without much bloodshot. He's a meat hunter, don't think he intentionally tries to hit the shoulders for what that's worth for info.
That is as fine of a deer bullet as there is. Haven't shot them for a few years but when I did it was lights out and damn fast.

About 20 years ago I loaded some for a young cousin of mine. He killed a small buck opening day at about 100 yards.

All my uncle could say was, "damn, I forgot how quick the 243 killed with that little bullet. When we were growing up anybody that had a .224 or a .243 caliber rifle shot boat tail Sierras on coyotes and deer as a dual purpose bullet.

We never knew any better.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Lights out and fast with any hunting bullet l ever shot. Barnes, Sierra, Speer, etc….. etc….etc…..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by ShadeTree

That is as fine of a deer bullet as there is. Haven't shot them for a few years but when I did it was lights out and damn fast.

About 20 years ago I loaded some for a young cousin of mine. He killed a small buck opening day at about 100 yards.

All my uncle could say was, "damn, I forgot how quick the 243 killed with that little bullet. When we were growing up anybody that had a .224 or a .243 caliber rifle shot boat tail Sierras on coyotes and deer as a dual purpose bullet.

We never knew any better.

My boys and I run the flat base Sierra #1540 in our 243's and it just works too. Very dependable whitetail bullet. Smoked a big male coyote a few years back with one out of a tree stand, target of opportunity. Lights out, never knew what hit him.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
they're raising you boy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And I HIGHLY doubt you even hunt.

Originally Posted by anothergun
besides I don't shoot much

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Every year you homo. You don’t have to like men to be a homo btw homo

Last edited by anothergun; 10/31/23.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by FishinHank
The only deer bullet I use in my 243 is the 95BT. They are in stock at SPS right now.

95BT

I've been using Nosler 95 gr BT's in my mod 70 Win for years with great success

Dave
Life Member NRA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Every year

No, you don't.

My two sons put more deer on the hooks in a single evening than you've ever even seen in a lifetime.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The only truth you've ever told.

besides I don't shoot much

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Who cares… you really think your someone special? Special kind of stupid. They don’t appear to hunt trophies. But at least they know how to pull a trigger! Lmao!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Who cares… you really think your someone special? Special kind of stupid. They don’t appear to hunt trophies. But at least they know how to pull a trigger! Lmao!!

Nope, just somebody that shoots a lot more than you, and hunts a lot more than you.

We're overrun here, and we kinda like it that way. Shooting dinks and does fills freezers fast.

Don't worry, they've been taught what to do with the big ones too.

243, 100 grain Sierra flat base.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Again you assume… how do you possibly make a living assuming? Or hunt and be successful? It aint because of what you do ! Hunt??? That involves pursuing, which having an abundance of deer, doesn't fall into the word hunt. The only eight I got was ruttin... and they become dumb when they're ruttin. Wasn't much of a "hunt".

Seems you have Idols in your life, I don't have that problem, and that is one ugly problem indeed !

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

463 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,693 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,807
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.