Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 37 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 36 37
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

No I meant this Glock. The slide looks blue. Maybe it's just the pic.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Teddy Rosevelt, "Speak softly, and carry a big stick."[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I bet you love that stick

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You gents have me thinking...or rethinking...my approach: need to go upward in size and capability.

Very thoughtful discussion, especially from the OP, MS in whom I have a lot of confidence.

Thanks!

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Time and laws change perspectives. I used to carry a full size pistol then about 8-10 years back I was talking to a retired leo. He carried a small compact and I asked him about it , he said it doesn't print and a small one is better than one that prints because you will have it instead of leaving it at home. The law changed we have constitutional carry and you don't need a ccw permit. I have one for the ease of 4473 transfers and nobody worries much about printing anymore. So you see.some bigger guns plain wore openly. I like full size pistols and MS is dead on..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Jimmy is not quite right in the head.

Sure got that right.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

It's from a reflection from the blue box next to it. Notice that the thumb slot on the grip is blue also. It bounced off the camera/phone when it flashed.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Teddy Rosevelt, "Speak softly, and carry a big stick."[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Great substitute for a gun. I appreciate and value your input.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Your right leg looks great.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Your right leg looks great.
Looks like he has some pussy hanging around

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M

Ahhh,

Nope, it is very blue.

I had the gen 3 slide cut for an optic and the cut needed refinished. Plus the slide had a good bit of wear, though I don't really care much about that. So I opted to have it cerakoted. I went with the blue rather than the typical "Tactical" colors you see. I have seen enough desert tans, and OD greens that I just wanted something different.

Plus I knew blue would cause some LE trainer autists to screech and have fits of the vapors, since blue can "only" be used in training guns. You know you can only do things one way, ever. Ever. Ever..... It is for the children...

So anyways, I went with blue.

The Glock Tenifer finish was pretty worn when I got it, and in doing the development of the +P 170 grain Poly load that would become the production load, I ended firing a little over 2,000 rds over the course of a year or so.

Here is what it looked like prior to getting a new coating:

and a fresh Smurf Job.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I was just curious because of the training aspect.

Thanks.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Yep,

It will never be used in a training environment, and I have other Glocks if I needed to do such things. That said, I spent so many years training/teaching shooting related subjects I have absolutely ZERO desire to do anymore of it.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You hear about Glock .40's blowing up often enough that I'd be very hesitant to go near anything +P with one.

Are you using a heavier recoil spring?

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Mackay:

Excellent post.

Sometimes I feel I am overthinking where the hard cover and shooting lanes are in each and every building I am in.

And then . . .

Some lunatic decides to institute another mass murder.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 11/01/23.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BMT
Mackay:

Excellent post.

Sometimes I feel I am overthinking where the hard cover and shooting lanes are in each and every building I am in.

And then . . .

Some lunatic decides to institute another mass murder.

BMT

If you see somebody walk into your local Piggly Wiggly with an AR15 or AK, put one in their cranium immediately. Don't stand there and overthink it. They are not there to get a jar of pickles.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by luv2safari

It's from a reflection from the blue box next to it. Notice that the thumb slot on the grip is blue also. It bounced off the camera/phone when it flashed.

Nope the slide is blue.

Typically guns used for sims are also blue and referred to as a "Blue Gun". The use of the blue color is to help prevent a real gun being used in Force on Force training.

Simunitions Training Guns

Personally I would never paint a real gun blue but as long as the gun never gets anywhere near F on F training it's probably not the end of the world.

Originally Posted by local_dirt
If you see somebody walk into your local Piggly Wiggly with an AR15 or AK, put one in their cranium immediately. Don't stand there and overthink it. They are not there to get a jar of pickles.

You will go to prison for shooting people who are exercising their Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as you should.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 11/01/23.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Nope the slide is blue.

Typically guns used for sims are also blue and referred to as a "Blue Gun". The use of the blue color is to help prevent a real gun being used in Force on Force training.

Simunitions Training Guns

Personally I would never paint a real gun blue but as long as the gun never gets anywhere near F on F training it's probably not the end of the world.

You will go to prison for shooting people who are exercising their Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as you should.

You're not paying attention again. Follow the little ball. Got it now? There ya go.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

My thoughts:

1-If I shoot first, I am the criminal under most state laws. The threat has to take some form of hostile action in order to be a threat to my life or the lives of others. Raising the gun to fire and shouting Allah Akbar would (probably) constitute a threat. But each case will be different.

2-Head shots are low percentage shots. Assuming the Lunatic has opened fire, Lunatic will be moving, a pelvic/hip shot moves less, is larger, and more likely to make the lunatic fall down and thus stop shooting.

3-The four gun safety rules are designed for firefights: I have to be aware of the backstop, people fleeing for cover, etc.

4-I have a primary duty to my own family first. Thus, I may decide to pick up my 3 year old grandson and run away if the lunatic is moving away from me. I am assuming its just me and my grandson at the store in that fact pattern.

5-Every lunatic situation is different. But there are similarities from which we can learn.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 11/01/23.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I carry a tiny .380 "for the times I can't carry a gun". Its just a bit better than my tactical folder, the way I think about it. If at all possible, I like a Glock 43X with the Shield 15 rounders. Its as small as I can go and still fight with and still have more ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BMT
My thoughts:

1-If I shoot first, I am the criminal under most state laws. The threat has to take some form of hostile action in order to be a threat to my life or the lives of others. Raising the gun to fire and shouting Allah Akbar would (probably) constitute a threat. But each case will be different.

2-Head shots are low percentage shots. Assuming the Lunatic has opened fire, Lunatic will be moving, a pelvic/hip shot moves less, is larger, and more likely to make the lunatic fall down and thus stop shooting.

3-The four gun safety rules are designed for firefights: I have to be aware of the backstop, people fleeing for cover, etc.

4-I have a primary duty to my own family first. Thus, I may decide to pick up my 3 year old grandson and run away if the lunatic is moving away from me. I am assuming its just me and my grandson at the store in that fact pattern.

5-Every lunatic situation is different. But there are similarities from which we can learn.

BMT

This seems solid thinking.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Page 19 of 37 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,616
Posts18,511,798
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.