Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SupFoo
LoL. Great story Sako76. Wonder how many more stories are out there like that?

Many less than the number of stories about someone who's owned an EV for a few years and not been stymied by the mystery of the universe known as "charging a battery."

Because those stories are not news, and not picked up and re-posted ad nauseum

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Letter to self: don't believe Joe Biden... at all. End of letter.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
GM announced that they were going to slip the production at Lk Orion until 2025 before the strike started. And as far as retooling, that equipment was ordered a few years ago and the majority of it has already been installed. It takes a few years to get debuged, iron out the issue and ramp up production to the normal output of the plant.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if the [bleep] were really serious about "saving the environment" then they'd be pushing hydrogen powered vehicles. EVs are a joke. Have you read about municipalities that sunk millions into battery powered city busses that are now sitting unused because they SUCK?

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek
I have a Jeep Rubicon plug in hybrid. I'm retired, and drive less than 6000 miles a year. I've had my Jeep for two years and just turned 8400 on it. Most times it runs off battery, and the range is 25 miles. This works for me. Recharging is about 5 bucks a month. Temps below 20 degrees and the battery is a sad joke, and I'm lucky to get a third of the rated 25 miles. But, most of the time it isn't that cold and I average about 40 mpg with 33 inch tires and two lockers. The engine's computer makes the engine run every 90 days if the tank hasn't emptied. I get about 800 miles out of a 18-gallon tank. I am not sold on EVs, but I fill my Jeep without fail once a quarter for less than 50 bucks. My last vehicle was the F350 with the mighty 7.3 diesel. Here in Colorado, even with the small tank, it was eye-watering to fill.

Something like that would work for me, aside from the need to drop $60K or so on a new vehicle, which ain’t happening. I don’t see the Chicoms flooding our market with cheap electric cars as long as the charging infrastructure is lacking, and the idea of building more charging stations without also building up the power supply is doomed to failure, typical Democrat planning.

China BTW, went all out on EV cabs a few years back, and now they have thousands of them parked en masse because that idea didn’t pan out as expected. Considering all the EV battery fires in the news, does anyone really want to trust their tender azzes to Chinese notions of safety standards for such vehicles?

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Bail outs for the big 3 in 1,2,3.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
They won’t be satisfied until we are dead or enslaved, submitting to their total control over our lives and our movements so EVs and electric roads with self driving technology along with AI and we are good and well fuc.ked!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

For that to happen one must comply. That ain't happening for 50% of the Republic.

Just STFU old man.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
They won’t be satisfied until we are dead or enslaved, submitting to their total control over our lives and our movements so EVs and electric roads with self driving technology along with AI and we are good and well fuc.ked!

For that to happen one must comply. That ain't happening for 50% of the Republic.

Just STFU old man.

LOL

^^
F’kn obnoxious drunkard.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Houston 2 kghunts,

How’s that Ukrainian offensive working?

About as well as your COVID shots?

LOL

You fugking idiot.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
There has been a lot of work done with solid state batteries that can be recharged in 5 minutes and have over 900 mile range according to Toyoda. Tesla's charging stations work on higher voltage for quicker charges, that is why other car companies are going to use Tesla's chargers. All new technology takes about 30 years to become mainstream. They are pushing to get electric cars to take over. They won't overcome gasoline until about 2050. Prices have to come down. Charging times have to come down. Range has to increase. Grid is not ready either. Texas has enough windmills in west Texas to power east Texas, but only about 20% can get to east Texas because they haven't built the transmission lines. They have to get easements, rights of ways, etc, to build them. This goes through hundreds of property owners. New technology doesn't magically take over.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by deflave
Houston 2 kghunts,

How’s that Ukrainian offensive working?

About as well as your COVID shots?

LOL

You fugking idiot.

Uh oh,,,the obnoxious drunkard is triggered.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh my, time to update your biases again trolls. Toyoda now is going all in on electrifying their vehicles, including full electric vehicles!

Toyota (TM) is now doubling down on building out its battery capacity in the US. On Tuesday, the automaker announced it will be expanding its investment at its North Carolina battery manufacturing plant (TBMNC) by nearly $8 billion, an investment that will also add approximately 3,000 new jobs. Toyota says this new investment brings its total outlay to the upcoming facility to $13.9 billion, with 5,000 jobs created in total.

The Liberty-based plant will make batteries for Toyota’s EVs and PHEVs (plug-in hybrid electric vehicles). Toyota says eight additional production lines will now be added to the two previously announced lines, with the ability to create 30 GWh annually by 2030. Assuming a 50kWh battery size, that would mean an annual capacity of 600,000 EV battery packs a year.

Click Here!

So remember Toyoda trolls, electric vehicles are now good!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
There has been a lot of work done with solid state batteries that can be recharged in 5 minutes and have over 900 mile range according to Toyoda. Tesla's charging stations work on higher voltage for quicker charges, that is why other car companies are going to use Tesla's chargers. All new technology takes about 30 years to become mainstream. They are pushing to get electric cars to take over. They won't overcome gasoline until about 2050. Prices have to come down. Charging times have to come down. Range has to increase. Grid is not ready either. Texas has enough windmills in west Texas to power east Texas, but only about 20% can get to east Texas because they haven't built the transmission lines. They have to get easements, rights of ways, etc, to build them. This goes through hundreds of property owners. New technology doesn't magically take over.
you are wrong. I read those batteries can go 9000 miles and charge in 45 seconds. also the total cost for all the new tech batteries for an EV is 4 dollars

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
EVs only work economically in Norway because they have a cheap abundance of hydroelectric energy.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by walt501
Oh my, time to update your biases again trolls. Toyoda now is going all in on electrifying their vehicles, including full electric vehicles!

Toyota (TM) is now doubling down on building out its battery capacity in the US. On Tuesday, the automaker announced it will be expanding its investment at its North Carolina battery manufacturing plant (TBMNC) by nearly $8 billion, an investment that will also add approximately 3,000 new jobs. Toyota says this new investment brings its total outlay to the upcoming facility to $13.9 billion, with 5,000 jobs created in total.

The Liberty-based plant will make batteries for Toyota’s EVs and PHEVs (plug-in hybrid electric vehicles). Toyota says eight additional production lines will now be added to the two previously announced lines, with the ability to create 30 GWh annually by 2030. Assuming a 50kWh battery size, that would mean an annual capacity of 600,000 EV battery packs a year.

Click Here!

Exxon is getting into lithium production in a big way in the Magnolia, Arkansas area with dibs on lots of acreage.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by walt501

Click Here!

Exxon is getting into lithium production in a big way in the Magnolia, Arkansas area with dibs on lots of acreage.
Hey Dicky, Go Fugk Yourself. I dare ya ta call my boss.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A
One Nagging Question that they just won’t Answer..

Where’s all the Green Energy coming from and how does it get to the Consumer in a Effective Manner ..

At this point it’s a Fairly Tale ..

GM the others See that Unless it’s Forced Down our Throats the Consumer has no desire for their Pixie Dust

The End ..

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
The quickest path to bankruptcy - build something that no one wants.
This. Who would have thought it lol. Not many want that garbage

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
So...

EVs are brokedick again?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Why don't we hear more about the slave labor used to mine these rare earth minerals from China & Africa. Mostly slave labor by children. This is where these batteries get their start.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (22kHornet, 219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 45 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,763
Posts18,515,266
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.