Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I sent my 30 year old 6x Leupold scope in for repair that no longer moved the crosshairs.This is now a $450 scope

Loyal Leupold Customer,
Upon inspection of your product, we have determined that it is in need of replacement under warranty. We have ordered you a FX-3 6x42 (1 inch) Wide Duplex as your warranty replacement. Unfortunately, that replacement is currently on backorder. Rest assured we will get your replacement shipped out as soon as one becomes available. If you do not receive your replacement product within the next 6 weeks, please contact us at 1-800-LEUPOLD or (503) 646-9171.

Best Regards,
Leupold Product Service

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I sent my 30 year old 6x Leupold scope in for repair that no longer moved the crosshairs.This is now a $450 scope

Loyal Leupold Customer,
Upon inspection of your product, we have determined that it is in need of replacement under warranty. We have ordered you a FX-3 6x42 (1 inch) Wide Duplex as your warranty replacement. Unfortunately, that replacement is currently on backorder. Rest assured we will get your replacement shipped out as soon as one becomes available. If you do not receive your replacement product within the next 6 weeks, please contact us at 1-800-LEUPOLD or (503) 646-9171.

Best Regards,
Leupold Product Service

That part is a downer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many scope manufacturers do this these days. Nothing special..

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Loyal Leupold Customer,

Best Regards,
Leupold Product Service

Have you ever heard of a 30 year old Nightforce or SWFA failing.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Loyal Leupold Customer,

Best Regards,
Leupold Product Service

Nope, but had to send my new Nightforce in to get fixed.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Loyal Leupold Customer,

Best Regards,
Leupold Product Service

First of all , SWFA was not even selling their own branded scopes 30 years ago. The original Tasco Super Sniper Navy contract 30 mm 10x scopes were just being made available to civilians 30 years ago. I know because I was one of the first to get one directly from Bushnell .who had just bought Tasco out at that time.

I am sure both brands of scopes HAVE made some that failed on the past. And in terms of percentages, those two make/marketers sell a fraction of the number of scopes Leupold has made the last 30 years, so logically there are going to be more Leupolds serviced eventually.

Last edited by jk16; 11/01/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fotis

Please list all optics companies repairing or replacing 30 year old scopes.

Thanks.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm patiently awaiting my MK4 FFP TMR Spotter's THIRD fhuqking return trip,from the Repair Factory. Hint.

Puke #1. Hint

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by mathman

Loyal Leupold Customer,

Best Regards,
Leupold Product Service

That part is a downer.

Not much of a downer for me. This one has been on my 6.5 Swede which I bought when you would send a check and they sent you a rifle in the mail. Mostly used for pronghorn with a few deer thrown in.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by saddlesore; 11/01/23.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I am not impressed. I sent one in a couple of years ago and 2 boxes of shells it has failed again. I own 5 Leupolds and 2 need to be repaired right now. My son has one that is 3 years old that has failed on a 30-06. Less than 2 boxes fired. It sucks to sight in before deer season and have the scope fail on your last shot and not know it till you shoot at game. I had 2 do that last year. I will Never buy another Leupold product.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I was referring to the wide duplex reticle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Thanks.
S&B does.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mathman
I was referring to the wide duplex reticle.

It really is horrendous.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I’ve s been using Leupold scopes for about 40 years and only this summer did I have to send one back for repair.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
B
B
Sends in 30 year old scope, Leupold replaces it from free......People bitch LOL, what kind of world are we living in.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BooseB
Sends in 30 year old scope, Leupold replaces it from free......People bitch LOL, what kind of world are we living in.

The Campfire is the Bermuda Triangle of failed Leupold scopes. Bitching about Leupold scopes is second only to the myths of the 6.5 Creedmoor and fast twist.

How Leupold manages to stay in business is a mystery here on the Campfire, but watch them sell in the classifieds…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Does a '97 vintage NF count? 🤔

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Fotis

Thanks.

I did not say the other companies were doing it for 30 years. I meant that with today's competition and customer demands, customer service is there with other manufacturers also.

I own a few of them but...

a) they are from the 90's and early 2000's
b) they are all set it and forget it. None get their turrets dialed. I leave that to Vortex razors, Nightforces, Trijicon, SWFA's and a few others.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Got the same exact form letter last year when I sent in an 80s vintage 2x7 I'd had for decades when the elevation stuck and wouldn't turn. The explanation I got on the phone was they've long ran out of parts to fix the older scopes and now just replace them under warranty. There is no repairing them.

3 weeks later I got their "back-order" "warranty replacement" in the form of a steaming pile of garbage 2x7 Freedom.

I'd rather they'd just went down to the pawn shop and bought me somebody's old beat up glossy tube bushnell or tasco for $20 out the door.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by BooseB

The Campfire is the Bermuda Triangle of failed Leupold scopes. Bitching about Leupold scopes is second only to the myths of the 6.5 Creedmoor and fast twist.

How Leupold manages to stay in business is a mystery here on the Campfire, but watch them sell in the classifieds…

SchitSmell's Ballistic "knowledge",is shy of a [bleep] dropping coconuts and besides being a Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqk,she just "happens" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Her punctuation is a nice touch though. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 1100mag, 35, 10gaugemag, 17 invisible), 1,355 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,749
Posts18,495,259
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.