Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Here is a really good unbiased site setting out the facts if what Brushy Bill actually claimed and what happened, followed by a listing of things in his favor and things against. If you’re interested in this subject, you should look.

https://www.angelfire.com/mi2/billythekid/brushy.html

Click the link on the pics too. The one of Brushy Bill when he was 14 looks a lot like Billy. His mouth is closed but you can see those prominent teeth under his lips. He had the same condition that Freddy Mercury had and later in life had them removed.

Last edited by JoeBob; 11/01/23.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never heard of em.

But the search of any browser is simply fugking amazing

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What people will believe could fill a presidential library. Not displaying the body of BTK in no way establishes any credibility that it wasn’t him. You will find that every bad man that was killed was not propped up in a box for all to see.

I would like to have been around at the time Brushy Bill was claiming to be BTK, and had the attorney general of New Mexico, bring him to court and file all the felonious murder charges against him and sentence him to hang. Capital crimes have no sunset and he would have been subject to the law for murder.

Somehow people don’t believe people from earlier times ever lied. Lies and deception are as old as man, and Brushy Bull was the Fred Finkle of New Mexico.

People believe this photo and the historical figures captioned in this picture is real and it is fake and for no other reason than to fool a fool, just like Brushy Bill and all the fools that buy his story…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by shrapnel
What people will believe could fill a presidential library. Not displaying the body of BTK in no way establishes any credibility that it wasn’t him. You will find that every bad man that was killed was not propped up in a box for all to see.

I would like to have been around at the time Brushy Bill was claiming to be BTK, and had the attorney general of New Mexico, bring him to court and file all the felonious murder charges against him and sentence him to hang. Capital crimes have no sunset and he would have been subject to the law for murder.

Somehow people don’t believe people from earlier times ever lied. Lies and deception are as old as man, and Brushy Bull was the Fred Finkle of New Mexico.

People believe this photo and the historical figures captioned in this picture is real and it is fake and for no other reason than to fool a fool, just like Brushy Bill and all the fools that buy his story…

you know what that picture would be worth if it was verifiable , 🧐🧐

Last edited by ldholton; 11/01/23.
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Why don't you believe that photo, Shrap? Just because Morgan Earp had been dead for a year shouldn't be considered, should it? cool

Dale

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ldholton

you know what that picture would be worth if it was verifiable , 🧐🧐
people want to believe what they see. that's why I manipulation by the news media and even Facebook and Photoshop are so effective in brainwashing

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DHN
Why don't you believe that photo, Shrap? Just because Morgan Earp had been dead for a year shouldn't be considered, should it? cool

Just like I don’t believe Fred Finkle and similar stories. If all the people that claimed they survived the Custer battle with Custer, there would have been over 100 more troopers with Custer than he really had…

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Except Brushy Bill never told anyone and only came forward after tracked down by a probate lawyer and was concerned about being hung. They only went public after the lawyer arranged a meeting with the governor.

Last edited by JoeBob; 11/01/23.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Except Brushy Bill never told anyone and only came forward after tracked down by a probate lawyer and was concerned about being hung. They only went public after the lawyer arranged a meeting with the governor.

And why do you think that probate lawyer even knew about Brushy “the liar” Bill if ‘Ol Brushy wasn’t bragging around about being BTK…

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Brushy Bill???? He’s that old goofball that’s buried up in Hico Texas, right??

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Here is a really good unbiased site setting out the facts if what Brushy Bill actually claimed and what happened, followed by a listing of things in his favor and things against. If you’re interested in this subject, you should look.

https://www.angelfire.com/mi2/billythekid/brushy.html

Click the link on the pics too. The one of Brushy Bill when he was 14 looks a lot like Billy. His mouth is closed but you can see those prominent teeth under his lips. He had the same condition that Freddy Mercury had and later in life had them removed.

Very interesting. Thank you.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I thought BTK was from Kansas and a family man.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well based on those comparative photos there is no way he is The Kid.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Well based on those comparative photos there is no way in he is The Kid.

I guess you see what you want to see. He looks just like him to me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Well based on those comparative photos there is no way in he is The Kid.

I guess you see what you want to see.

Yes you can.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Brushy Bill’s grave in Hamilton. Hico has really cashed in on him.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
wonder if that birth date on the headstone matches up with the supposedly known birth date of Billy the kid..
surely it does people wouldn't be that naive

Last edited by ldholton; 11/02/23.
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The article about known facts is interesting. The lawyer got his tip from a man in Florida that he worked on a case for that knew the kid. Several affiliates were filed by men that knew the kid stating he was. I’m not going to say he was or wasn’t but it is interesting.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rainshot
The article about known facts is interesting. The lawyer got his tip from a man in Florida that he worked on a case for that knew the kid. Several affiliates were filed by men that knew the kid stating he was. I’m not going to say he was or wasn’t but it is interesting.

That’s the thing. I always thought he was someone wanting publicity and notoriety. He wasn’t. He was in hiding and only one or two people knew who he was and where he was. And when first visited by the lawyer he denied it. And to me, that photo of him as a 14 year old with those buck teeth under that lip, look just like Billy.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by rainshot

The guy in Florida that identified Roberts as the kid also claimed to be Jesse Evans living under a new name. No one is sure what happened to Evans after he was released from Huntsville in 1882 but there’s no record of his going back to New Mexico. And I question the likelihood of Evans and the kid becoming pen pals 60 years later living 6 states away from each other and both being on the lam under assumed names

Last edited by Kellywk; 11/02/23.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (160user, 12344mag, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 70 invisible), 2,657 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,481
Posts18,490,172
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.