Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
SupFoo Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If it was a Democrat sponsored bill, the media would be highlighting the bipartisan nature of the vote. However, because it is a Republican sponsored bill, the media immediately say the stand alone measure to support Israel is dead upon arrival in the Senate.

Joe Biden has said he will veto the House version of the bill, and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer has said he will not entertain the bill due to the pay-go funding mechanism (removal of $14.3 billion in IRS funding) and the fact it is not a package bill that includes support for Ukraine. Biden wants his $106 billion bill with funds for Israel, Ukraine, Hamas (via USAID), Taiwan and support for arriving migrants. Chuck Schumer is working with Mitch McConnell to put the combined package together.

Twelve Democrats supported the $14.3 billion House bill, and two Republicans voted against it (MTGreene and Massie). The vote was 226-196 for passage.

Sundance

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sounds like some possible 3D chess being played.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
It's time to pass this kind of legislation and keep the Dem Senate's feet to the fire. They'll keep killing it in the Senate and say the Republicans are doing nothing and obstructing, which is exactly what the Dems are doing.

Keep pounding the line like this! Then, use the history of Dem obstruction for campaign ads. It's a win-win.

I was warned, but I am here anyway.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Let them veto it. Conservatives don’t want anymore of OUR money going to support everyone that hates us! Israel can BUY what they need and Wall Street, Madison Avenue and Hollywood has enough Jew money to physically move Palestine wherever the ragheads want. If that was actually an option I have no doubt that the Palestinians would choose to have their land set within the borders of Israel IRREGARDLESS of where Israel was located because without hatred, death and misery Islam has NOTHING…it does NOTHING….it stands for NOTHING…it was borne from NOTHING….it WILL remain NOTHING! Islam is a harbinger of hate that has brought only misery to 99.9% of its male adherents and 100% of its female adherents, whether they KNOW that or agree is of NO consequence since they have NOTHING to compare their slavery against.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
SupFoo Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Reader Comment:

Sherri Young
Earlier tonight, I listened in on a tele townhall with my congressman, Nathaniel Moran. He does these about once a month. Tonight, he had Rep Cory Mills on the call with him.

They both said that they expect this emergency aid for Israel with the offset from the IRS funds. They both expect Biden to sign it too. Chuckie and Mitch and Biden will huff and puff but they will let the bill become law.

Cory Mills referred to Schumer and McConnell as as “the two Democrats.” LOL. I agree.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I hope Biden vetos it! Why aren’t we loaning both Israel and Ukraine the money? We are only 33 Trillion in debt!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Let’s see here,

“ Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer has said he will not entertain the bill due to the pay-go funding mechanism”

“Chuck Schumer is working with Mitch McConnell to put the combined package together.”

OK, so Schumer AND McConnell are going to kill this bill, then they are going to put together a funding package of their own, one that Democrats and Biden will approve.

They send it over to the House, the House Democrats vote in favor along with 20-30 RINOS and Presto, Biden gets his way again.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Biden greasing up his veto pen!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope this speaker sticks to his guns and doesn't go behind the republicans backs with cryin' chucky schumer to get a bill passed. Biden can veto all he wants. I don't care.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Make them all go on the record as being against a single-item bill that supports Israel while reducing funding for government power that intimidates so many Americans. Pretty plain yes or no.

It's hard to pin somebody down on their voting record when a bill contains 25 different items, as they can always claim justification either way. It's been a successful mechanism for passing garbage bills with minimal direct blame, but is not the purpose of legislating.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Amazing. A spending bill without a $1billion for Advance Gender Equity and Equality Around the World.

Maybe the House is making progress?

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by steve4102
Let’s see here,

“ Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer has said he will not entertain the bill due to the pay-go funding mechanism”

“Chuck Schumer is working with Mitch McConnell to put the combined package together.”

OK, so Schumer AND McConnell are going to kill this bill, then they are going to put together a funding package of their own, one that Democrats and Biden will approve.

They send it over to the House, the House Democrats vote in favor along with 20-30 RINOS and Presto, Biden gets his way again.

That’s where we get to see what kind of leader he is. As speaker, nothing even gets to the floor if he doesn’t allow it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stand alone is how every bill should be passed. Enough with the Pork. Now to see if it works.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it's a bit much.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,719 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,526
Posts18,509,760
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.