-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Developer Pulls Plug on 2 Major Offshore Wind Projects, Deflating Biden Green Energy Schemes
These projects had been cited as proof that….Bidenomics was working. Who could have guessed that high inflation and surging interest rates were not conducive to the completion of vast wind farms?

Developer Pulls Plug on 2 Major Offshore Wind Projects, Deflating Biden Green Energy Schemes
These projects had been cited as proof that….Bidenomics was working. Who could have guessed that high inflation and surging interest rates were not conducive to the completion of vast wind farms?

Posted by Leslie Eastman
Friday, November 3, 2023 at 09:00am
0 Comments
Share This StoryFacebookTwitterTelegramGabMeWeRedditEmail

I recently reported that investors are fleeing renewable energy funds due to rising costs and escalating rates. Shortly after, I noted that “Sustainability Funds” are not sustainable.

We may have reached the “sudden” point in the collapse of green energy. A primary developer has just pulled the plug on two major offshore wind projects, which are deflating Biden’s green energy schemes.

Danish energy developer Orsted said Tuesday night it is scrapping two large offshore wind power projects off the coast of New Jersey, adding uncertainty to a nascent industry the Biden administration and many state governments are counting on to help transition away from the burning of planet-warming fossil fuels.

The projects had been controversial but the company leading them said they would help New Jersey by creating hundreds of jobs and investing millions of dollars in clean energy in the state.

However, the company said it is canceling its Ocean Wind I and II projects in southern New Jersey, citing supply chain issues and rising interest rates. The offshore wind farms were going to be located off the coast of Atlantic and Cape May counties.

Government officials had cited these projects as proof that….Bidenomics was working. Who could have guessed that high inflation and surging interest rates were not conducive to completing vast wind farms?

The Denmark-based energy firm said its board of directors voted to ax its high-profile Ocean Wind 1 and Ocean Wind 2 twin projects in response to changing macroeconomic factors, including high inflation, supply chain bottlenecks and rising interest rates. The projects had been personally backed by Democratic New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy and cited by the White House as proof of “Bidenomics” working.

“We have no choice but to cease development of Ocean Wind 1 and Ocean Wind 2,” said David Hardy, Orsted’s group executive vice president and Americas division CEO. “We are extremely disappointed to have to take this decision, particularly because New Jersey is poised to be a U.S. and global hub for offshore wind energy.”

“We remain committed to the U.S. renewable energy market, building clean power that will create jobs across technologies and states from the Northeast to Texas,” Hardy continued. “Offshore wind energy remains an integral solution to helping the U.S. meet its clean energy ambitions, including job creation, a domestic supply chain and a reinvigorated maritime industry.”

It turns out that the good people of New Jersey don’t seem too broken up about the loss of the projects. HotAir’s Beege Welborn reviewed local opinion on this development.

The funny thing is, not a soul in the comments on his post has tissues out weeping in concert with [New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy] over the lost wind farms. The New Jersey residents who have bothered to scribe a thought are damn near universally shouting “HUZZAH!!” with a few berating their gov for extra good measure. He’s taking a thumping – I can’t find one sympathetic word.

Jerseyites were put off by the Danish wind giant’s arrogance almost from the very beginning, no matter where they stood on Global Warming and renewables. And it didn’t matter how much money or job promises the feds or Murphy shoveled at communities as time went on – attitudes and resentment against the projects became damn near implacable.

This might also be good news for the whales and other marine mammals who make their home off the Eastern seaboard.

The latest whale to wash up on the East Coast was found Tuesday, August 29 in Loveladies on Long Beach Island. An adult female Pygmy Sperm measuring 10 feet 9 inches long and weighing over 800 pounds was stranded on the beach at Seaview Drive. Trained Marine Mammal Stranding Center (MMSC) Staff as well as members of the Long Beach Township Beach Patrol assisted in making the animal as comfortable as possible, by keeping her upright and wet as she lay on the beach.

The whale was eventually carried in a stretcher onto a truck to be moved off the beach. The stranding team rushed the whale to the MMSC’s veterinarian. Upon examination, the whale was lethargic and unresponsive. According to the MMSC, when a cetacean (ie. dolphins, whales) is stranded, their own body weight causes crushing damage to their internal organs. The MMSC veterinarian decided to humanely euthanize the whale to prevent further suffering.

I managed to snag an interview with a resident, who also seemed happy with the news.

https://twitter.com/Mutnodjmet/status/1719877037987713041

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Nothing that more federal and state subsidies won't fix.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I just cannot understand the utter stupidity of an offshore wind farm. Electricity and Salt water do not mix and the failure rate of these plants on dry land should give them pause based on that but evidently it didn't at the beginning.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They outa stick a couple dozen of those fug'n things in front of Obama's house. Then run the cables up through his front yard. Eminent domain or something.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by SupFoo; 11/03/23.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by logger
Nothing that more federal and state subsidies won't fix.
Yep, nothing like straddling the tax payers with more burden to beat those round rods into the square holes.
But in reality, at this point, the kick backs have all been distributed so it’s no big deal to move on to something else.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Solar and Wind Energy are lost causes that will end up burdening taxpayers with many billions of dollars in waste. The cleanup for their folly will cost more than the projects did themselves and will take years. The landowners are laughing all the way to the bank though.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks for the Copy-n-Paste news.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by SupFoo
They outa stick a couple dozen of those fug'n things in front of Obama's house. Then run the cables up through his front yard. Eminent domain or something.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That little spit of land about a half mile away would make a perfect place for a few of them.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Obozo could stand on the beach and talk to them- - - - -the hot air that blowhard produces could power NYC for a few hours.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The "net zero" house of cards has to tumble down sooner or later. It's all based on lies and back door money.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The electric vehicle chickens are coming home to roost in large flocks as well.

Please don't feed the trolls!
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by steve4102

I appreciated reading this. Is there some problem with what the OP did?

I was warned, but I am here anyway.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gizzyman

He is one of the appointed moderators along with a few others. No worries.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I notice how catastrophic environmental factors regarding wind farms and thousands of acres of solar farms have been kept out of the public's eye.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

No problem with the OP posting.... the self appointed "moderators" on the other hand are jerks.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I notice how catastrophic environmental factors regarding wind farms and thousands of acres of solar farms have been kept out of the public's eye.

Funny how that works.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

No problem with the OP posting.... the self appointed "moderators" on the other hand are jerks.

Steve needs something to bitch about so he can feel important.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Some years ago I attended a presentation by WEA, the Wind Energy Association, touting putting some windmills in the middle of Lake Erie. Their pitch was that they had measured wind speeds and could generate twice the electricity as a shore based installation.

During the Q&A session, the guy siting next to me pointed out that the cost would actually be four times as much as putting the wind mills on the shore, due to the lengthy transmission cables and need to protect the wind mills from ice chunks in the winter time.

This didn't faze the speaker at all. "Well, you'll just have to get your engineers working on that problem," he said. Oh yeah. Two decades later there still aren't any wind mills in Lake Erie.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"True believers" can't be bothered with scientific methods.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,615
Posts18,511,779
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.