~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I'm no David Tubb for damn sure, but I got 30+ years of NRA Highpower Expert and 10+ yrs Of NRA Highpower Sporting Rifle Expert, and my own 700 yd clanger range at home...I seriously doubt I would have attempted a 630 or worse a 1000 yd shot on a deer in field conditions...of course, I could hit him, but the question is, could I guaranty a 1 shot ethical kill? No. Back to the question, if you THINK you can does that make it right to take the shot? Under ideal circumstances, you have a dead steady rest, have the range and ballistic dope, weather, elevation, stationary target, it's a very high probability of a 1 shot kill...how many of these factors were known when these two started shooting will never be found out. Apparently neither considered the ethical option. Buy the long range toys and become David Tubb overnite. Neither hunter was hunting for subsistence, all about the kill, the trophy, the glory. Piss on 'em both.

I have the same outlook. No winners here.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I sure hope it doesn't affect Joseph's career. Spent three days with him at an "industry" target shoot in Texas in 2022, and he seems to be a real straight shooter--in two different ways.

Me too. Joseph is one of my favorites of the younger generation of outdoor writers. I hope none of this rubs off on him. I really don't think it will. In fact, probably will just clarify that he is not his brother for alot of folks.

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder
W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
He will likely have to put some of those sister wives to work, or something…

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
hopefully, Sports Afield will follow Outdoor Life and take the high road on this.

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Cancel culture in America. Love it. But I’m old enough to remember when that was blamed on the left.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I am glad my mistakes haven’t been played out on the internet for all to judge. What a crap show for all involved.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Time to put this topic behind us and move on. Likely no one posting here knows enough to state any facts

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Time to put this topic behind us and move on. Likely no one posting here knows enough to state any facts
WTF are you talking about? If you take AVBs statement as the gospel, it reflects very poorly on him.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
WTF are you talking about? If you take AVBs statement as the gospel, it reflects very poorly on him.

Who cares. Like really. Clambering on about his sins doesn’t fix yours.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Who cares. Like really. Clambering on about his sins doesn’t fix yours.

Amen.

And I'd add neither participants statements reflect well on themselves.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
He will probably turn up somewhere else...I understand they're down two members on the Walleye Tournament Trail.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Is she 100% disabled? Aram is an idiot, but if someone has to help you get your gun on "him" again, you better be disabled.

"I took a shot at the buck in this photo. I missed my first shot. He hurried and got my gun on him again. Helping me, and watching as I took another shot. This time you could hear the difference, it was a solid hit. He didn’t move very far, and Easton helped me get ready to shoot again. I shot, and that shot was a definite hit as well. I knew it, and Easton also confirmed sitting next to me watching through his spotter. Easton said that we had just nailed him a second time. We watched where the deer headed and we were pumped!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkrazy
I am glad my mistakes haven’t been played out on the internet for all to judge. What a crap show for all involved.

^ This

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

It's rocks all the way down ...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by chesterwy
I hate what hunting has become.

This

Then you’re both doing it wrong. Hunting isn’t what someone else is doing, especially on video or in text.
Turn off the noise and get out in the mountains. I hunt to get away from people.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Easton needs to leave the bimbo at home baking cookies and Aram needs to take up golf.
What a bunch of retards.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Easton needs to leave the bimbo at home baking cookies and Aram needs to take up golf.
What a bunch of retards.

Yes sir. That buck deserved better than any of those involved.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JakeM78
What a bunch of retards.

There are a lot of people out hunting who are being enabled by someone with knowledge , ability, skills and experience. Where do you draw the line? Should hunting on public land only belong to those who can hire guides and pay exorbitant license fees? Gotta hear who should and shouldn't be hunting? Spell it out you opened the ball.
Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by JakeM78
What a bunch of retards.

There are a lot of people out hunting who are being enabled by someone with knowledge , ability, skills and experience. Where do you draw the line? Should hunting on public land only belong to those who can hire guides and pay exorbitant license fees? Gotta hear who should and shouldn't be hunting? Spell it out you opened the ball.
Mb
I draw the line at dipschidts that shoot a deer in the guts then the knee after missing 3 other shots should not be hunting.
Has nothing to do with a guide or your level of wealth.
It’s about ability, which takes practice and developed skills. If you’re not smart enough to know your limitations, at some point the optics of such dumbphuckery will end up hurting the rest of us that do. Killing humanely should be first and foremost. If you have the skill to do that at 1000yds go for it, if you don’t, stay home and bake cookies or take shots at ranges you’re proficient at. Not real hard concepts.
Both the retards involved should get a boot in the [bleep].

Last edited by jackmountain; 11/04/23.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

243 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 26 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,875
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.