Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Was out this AM, shooting my Rem 700/Brux 257 R. It does really well with the 100 TTSX over max dose of H-100V at 3,250 fps (24" barrel). I've killed deer with that combo, have posted those targets.

BUT, I'm running low on those bullets, only have a can of H-100V. But, I have a big pile of 120 NPT seconds i accumulated some time ago. Shelf life on those bullets is pretty good.

I just shot some great groups with the 120 NPT over 47 gr. MRP. I got a big jug of that powder a few years ago; it's my fav in the .240 Wby with 100 NPT's.

So, with a generous supply of 120 NPT's and a big jug of MRP, that's now my default load for deer hunting this season. Sometimes you just gotta use what you have. And the Partition is never a mistake.

BTW, Norma shows that load at nearly 2,800 fps, others show it there or a tad faster. I've not clocked it, was using my 4 wheeler as a shooting bench.

A 120 NPT at 2,800 fps should do just about any and everything I ask of it, especially on local critters.

DF

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I push 115 Partitions slower than that out of my Roberts and it flat out turns their lights out. I suspect you'll see more decisive kills with the Partition than the TTSX.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I push 115 Partitions slower than that out of my Roberts and it flat out turns their lights out. I suspect you'll see more decisive kills with the Partition than the TTSX.
I think you’re right. Currently on a deer stand, needing to cull some does. So, maybe we’ll see how well they work.

MRP is said to be a more refined version of RL-22, more lot to lot consistency. Just what I’ve read. I know how well it works in the .240 Wby with 100 gr. Partitions.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I think you’re right. Currently on a deer stand, needing to cull some does. So, maybe we’ll see how well they work.

MRP is said to be a more refined version of RL-22, more lot to lot consistency. Just what I’ve read. I know how well it works in the .240 Wby with 100 gr. Partitions.

DF

Good luck and have fun.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I scored THE 257 Roberts in 1990. S/S PN SelectMatch 1-10" on a S/A 700. It shot GREAT. Hint.

I then poked it in a McMillan Classic(Urban Camo) and punched it BetterBob,which was GREATER. Hint.

Then circa '95 or so,I had it rechambered 25-284,which was GREATEST. Hint.

The trouble was/is "Greatness" hinged upon Dog Schit projectiles. Hint.

While there's a myriad of troops who worked/hunted/shot with me and watched me connect dots with same,the end result is like the Initial Launch,in that it's a Goat Fhuqk. Hint.

In final guise(25-284),it can't begin to hang with farrrrrrrrrrrr lesser case capacities,that simply cast vastly superior projectiles. Yesterday's 25-284,PALES to Today's 6 BR and I shoot multiples of each. Hint.

I simply retain THE 25-284 of Yore,for pure Retrostalgia and Oblivious Humor. Hint.

My Herd of Howie Mini's LAUGH at the notion,as they eclipse the "performance",with FAR lesser powder charges and vastly superior projectiles. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I scored THE 257 Roberts in 1990. S/S PN SelectMatch 1-10" on a S/A 700. It shot GREAT. Hint.

I then poked it in a McMillan Classic(Urban Camo) and punched it BetterBob,which was GREATER. Hint.

While there's a myriad of troops who worked/hunted/shot with me and watched me connect dots with same,the end result is like the Initial Launch,in that it's a Goat Fhuqk. Hint.

In final guise(25-284),it can't begin to hang with farrrrrrrrrrrr lesser case capacities,that simply cast vastly superior projectiles. Yesterday's 25-284,PALES to Today's 6 BR and I shoot multiples of each. Hint.

I simply retain THE 25-284 of Yore,for pure Retrostalgia and Oblivious Humor. Hint.

My Herd of Howie Mini's LAUGH at the notion,as they eclipse the "performance",with FAR lesser powder charges and vastly superior projectiles. Hint.

Yes. I had the same experiences. Around 1995, any projectile I launched from a standard .257 Roberts started bouncing off deer and elk like ping pong balls. I said to myself, "Self, how could decades of game-killing performance just stop because newer cartridges are available?!" Then I remembered that a .257 Roberts shooting MOA *ALWAYS* stops working on game when a 6mm or 6.5mm projectile is released on the market. Duh.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yep, people did their man bun too tight when the Queefmores came out, and cut off blood flow to their brain.
Hornady put an addictive substance in their marketing scheme.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
One thing about the manbun, sure is easy to load accurate ammo. It’ll shoot about anything.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Buford_T_Justice

Yes. I had the same experiences. Around 1995, any projectile I launched from a standard .257 Roberts started bouncing off deer and elk like ping pong balls. I said to myself, "Self, how could decades of game-killing performance just stop because newer cartridges are available?!" Then I remembered that a .257 Roberts shooting MOA *ALWAYS* stops working on game when a 6mm or 6.5mm projectile is released on the market. Duh.

BeverlyFhuqkstick,

Your Imagination and Pretend are fascinating...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for fhuqking trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B

BeverlyFhuqkstick,

Your Imagination and Pretend are fascinating...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for fhuqking trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

I know! I can't believe these other shooters aren't taking the hints. You've hinted SO MANY TIMES. And you even congratulate them. Why won't they stop and listen to you? Bullets are bouncing off deer left and right and they just think you're a big joke. I keep trying to tell them you didn't have a stroke. You don't have Tourette's. You're trying to explain to them why all of their 260s and 257s and 243s can't kill animals anymore.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Comes from someone that can't lift his lazy ass off the couch other than to allegedly get the mail, post worn out pics, snag half dead fish in trickle creek, and maybe poach a few dink bucks over the bait pile .

But big numbers look big.

Ya!

Lol

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by KenMi
Comes from someone that can't lift his lazy ass off the couch other than to allegedly get the mail, post worn out pics, snag half dead fish in trickle creek, and maybe poach a few dink bucks over the bait pile .

But big numbers look big.

Ya!

Lol

Stop lying to yourself, Ken. You know bullets matter more than headstamps and your bullets are bouncing off deer. Stick only throws his rifles in the creek to get your attention. Same with the colored tape and nail polish. You won't take the normal hints. Even when he repeats them several times in a thread and encourages you with congratulations. He even comes up with nicknames and abbreviations to help you remember things. Why won't you just listen?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
LOL. He is farting in the wind. Apparently in his self centered mind, he thinks IGNORE doesn't mean anything, and that we all ponder his pitiful self all day long.

Facts and reality show the exact opposite. HINT.

Bullets matter more than headstamps, so why the heck does he change the subject and pimp certain cartridges totally unrelated to a question asked? Hmmmmm..... Headstamps don't matter.. HINT

He means "big numbers mean way more to me than actual reality".

If he actually hunted and shot stuff with decent bullets, it would throw his BS shtick out the window real quick.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Same here! ......... I thought I was the only one who had this happen to them.

I've been using the 257R for going on 20yrs with (gasp) 100gr Hornady SPs and everything I pointed that rifle at died. After seeing the light, thanks to the Big Stick Spirit Guide, I'm afraid to use that rifle/bullet combo now that I've been converted esp given the ping pong ball BCs those bullets are putting out. It's a real shame as I was thinking about gifting that rifle to my grandson along with a good supply of those bullets. I'm probably going to have to go another route now. Maybe the BSSG can guide me in that as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I put this gal down with a 257 Roberts pushing a 115 Partition. When I walked up to her, I said "another 257 Partition kill" out loud. Damn thing got up and ran off.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
One thing about the manbun, sure is easy to load accurate ammo. It’ll shoot about anything.

DF

Yup, the 6.5 CM = "Better Rob."

But I have, and like both. The Rob is just a lot cooler wrapped in a nice piece of walnut than a Creedmoor...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ladies,

Don't "forget" to count how many times you think about me...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Nothing is fhuqking FUNNIER,than a Professional Victim Pity Party,you Whining CLUELESS Kchunts. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
I just thought of Dipstick. Getting my ammo together for hunting. BCs are .138, .180, .195. Thought to myself, "what kind of moron would say these won't work? Then I remembered. Lol

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Ken. Ken. Ken. Stop lying and imagining. Your obsolete rounds can't kill game. HOW MANY RIFLES DOES STICK HAVE TO THROW IN THE CREEK BEFORE YOU'LL LISTEN?!

Paul. Just stop it. You didn't kill that deer with a 257. The twist rate alone means you couldn't have hit the deer at 10 yards with its feet glued to the trail. Clearly an AI generated image. Probably created for you by Nosler!

You guys just won't listen to reason. THIS IS WHY HE HAS TO SHOW YOU HIS MAIL. YOU WON'T LISTEN.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ladies,

Keep Pretending aloud,as you "live" vicarously...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,800 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,611
Posts18,473,919
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.