[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Nice looking rifle. How far did he run upon the shot? 243 is a good do all round. I’m shooting 95gr sst’s currently out of mine, shoots under 1 moa at hundred yards with imr 4166

Last edited by remingtonman; 11/04/23.

"When guns are outlawed,only the outlaws will have guns".
D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
He went ten yards. Nice little freezer pleaser.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats! Nice deer and Rifle.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Looks like normal ttsx damage. I’m surprised he ran that far with the bullet that close to the spine. Congrats on the buck.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your 85 grain from a .243 must have been moving a whole lot faster than my 140 grain TSX from my 7mm-08 because all I got was a quarter size hole through both lungs instead of the lung mush that I was use to seeing That should have told me that a TSX was not the be all end all bullet out of my rifle because a stuffer class buck took that same bullet a year later and ran away leaving the most meager blood trail (5 drops total) that I’ve ever tried to follow. Only Buck I’ve ever lost. Reading here, I’m thinking that a TTSX would be some better, but I’m not switching from BT’s anytime soon.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Yeah, I have heard mixed reviews about the 85 TSX vs the 80gr TTSX. I’ll shoot a few more with these and then I have a bunch of 90gr Nosler Ballistic Tips to try.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I am going to work up a load in my new to me 7x57 and the 101gr Hammer Hunter. I won't get to try it on mule deer this year, but maybe some coyotes later this winter. If one could find them, I also think any 100-120gr Nosler BT is better for deer than anything heavier, especially with the Barnes or similar. But I have killed a wad of deer and deer size game with the 150 NBT and Partition in faster 280AI and 7mm Rem Mags.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deere_Man
Yeah, I have heard mixed reviews about the 85 TSX vs the 80gr TTSX. I’ll shoot a few more with these and then I have a bunch of 90gr Nosler Ballistic Tips to try.
90s is what I have loaded for the 6mm this year.

Headed out to make sure it's hitting where I am looking.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 11/04/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

I have the 95 NBT loaded for 2 different .243’s. I wouldn’t mind the ttsx but they’re work damn well.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by tzone

I have the 95 NBT loaded for 2 different .243’s. I wouldn’t mind the ttsx but they’re work damn well.
The 95 NBT worked well on a Wyoming antelope 2 weeks ago.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The 85 TSX has been a very reliable killer of medium game in our house out of stubby youth rifles that don’t generate a lot of velocity.

Have opened very consistently on coyotes up to deer. Would certainly poke an elk with one under the right circumstances.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Some run, some drop….just like most bullets. Have caught a few and very consistent mushrooms and nearly always close to 100% retention.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MedRiver
The 85 TSX has been a very reliable killer of medium game in our house out of stubby youth rifles that don’t generate a lot of velocity.

Have opened very consistently on coyotes up to deer. Would certainly poke an elk with one under the right circumstances.

Some run, some drop….just like most bullets. Have caught a few and very consistent mushrooms and nearly always close to 100% retention.
How well do the runners leak?

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 11/04/23.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Nice looking buck!! Must of had some fat on him ??

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Never have had a massive blood trail. Exits are typically quarter sized so there is certainly potential for them to get plugged with fat or whatever. The buck in the pick ran just over 100 yards. Was shot steep uphill so may have been a single lunger (we never gutted it, just boned it out).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Never have had a massive blood trail. Exits are typically quarter sized so there is certainly potential for them to get plugged with fat or whatever. The buck in the pick ran just over 100 yards. Was shot steep uphill so may have been a single lunger (we never gutted it, just boned it out).
Thanks for the reply.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Alan_C

Thanks! Not tons. Just a light cover. Could still see the muscle groups well enough to help teach my 10 year old how to break it down.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
One of the few critters we have caught one in…and just barely. Broadside at under 100 yards. Both shoulders and spine. Bullet was just poking out of the offside hide.

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Deere_Man; 11/05/23.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Alan_C

Thanks! Not tons. Just a light cover. Could still see the muscle groups well enough to help teach my 10 year old how to break it down.

Do you open it up at the rear to get the loins ?
Shame to let that meat go
Some good eating
Kenneth

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (12344mag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,964
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.