Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by cclarkblues
All of your BS picks pale next to one of my ex-wives...You're welcome..
There's a group of them?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
You knew this was coming.......

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Yep.
Knew Judd and Eva well.

Judd trained pickup horses and picked up himself. Eva was always ticked at him because he would sell ones he had broke and trained and always be picking up on a half-broke horse. Which lead to more than a few wrecks. Tough bugger and heck of a horseman. And that guy could pound the Budweisers.

Montana MOFO
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Some semi-tough guys:
The farmer east of Calgary, Alberta who got his hand caught in a machine while doing some maintenance work. After spending a cold night and most of the next day there, he amputated his hand with a pocket knife to get free.
The guy I know who went after a cougar in early December and ended up about ten miles from his truck, on the Bonaparte plateau, by the time he caught up with it. He was dressed in jeans and a quilted flannel shirt. He shot the cat and was packing it out when the wind started blowing from the north and the temperature plummeted. The dog kept trying to dig into the snow and finally would go no further. Bill spent the night dug into a snowdrift, cuddled up to the bluetick hound and the dead cat. It got down to -30 that night. He said the cougar was pretty stiff in the morning but it made it easier to carry. I was out the same night. I was pretty well dressed and spent most of the night huddled over a fire, with a half inch of frost on my back. I sniveled like a baby most of the night. I'm not tough.
My father-in-law flipped his Honda three wheeler while cruising a timber sale near McCall, Idaho; broke his leg in three places. He put a stick through the handlebar so he could support his busted leg, and rode several miles back to his pickup. He loaded the Honda in the back, then drove out to where he could reach someone on the radio. It was a couple weeks later when, wearing a full-length cast on his leg, he figured he could run the line machine since he was good for nothing else (it was his company). He was pulling a heavy load up when the tie back cable broke. The machine tipped down and tossed him out the front just in time for him to get swatted by the boom when the load came loose and the machine rocked back. Smashed five ribs and ruined the cast on his leg and rebroke the leg. The doctor said he was a tough old coot, but might want to consider a different line of work.
When a nephew of mine rolled a tractor into a ditch, in early spring, his dad laid in the icy water for nearly an hour, holding the kid's head above water until they could get the tractor off him.
A guy who was working for Ducks Unlimited, putting in a diversion dam, when the guy running the cheery picker took too much weight off one side of the truck. The truck tipped and dumped a bunch of concrete blocks on Jim. Jim lay there trapped, and directed the operator as to which blocks to remove without causing the rest to squash him any worse. Jim Lost his leg at the hip and his hand was badly crushed. Had he lost consciousness, or panicked, he would certainly have died.
None of these guys were from Montana, but they were all from the inland Northwest, doing jobs where toughness is commonplace. GD

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Yep.
Knew Judd and Eva well.

Judd trained pickup horses and picked up himself. Eva was always ticked at him because he would sell ones he had broke and trained and always be picking up on a half-broke horse. Which lead to more than a few wrecks. Tough bugger and heck of a horseman. And that guy could pound the Budweisers.

He's one helluva man.
Tough as fughck.
Senior Saddle Bronc Rider.
Most Seniors can hardly ride the couch.
I've tried to model myself after these amazing men that I've known.
I'm sure I'll die falling short, but these guys built me.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hardway
[quote=Salmonella]I spent time with some Jordan Montana cowboys Judd and Jay Twitchell.
I was such a babe in the woods back then.
They left a mark.

Hell Creek Bar.
Judd on the left, Jay on the Right.

Ha.... I've been drunk in that bar before lol.

Proud NRA Life Member
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Yep.
Knew Judd and Eva well.

He's one helluva man.
Tough as fughck.
Senior Saddle Bronc Rider.
Most Seniors can hardly ride the couch.
I've tried to model myself after these amazing men that I've known.
I'm sure I'll die falling short, but these guys built me.

Yep.

And funny as hell also.

Eva was a schoolteacher when I first met her and then Judd. I spent about 2 1/2 years there and loved it and would live there again if it was a possibility.

Still consider Garfield county as home of a sort. Some of my best friends in the world are there and I love the country and people there.

Montana MOFO
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I was raised in Garfield Co. I have known most of the family's including the early ranchers and homesteaders.

My grandfather come to that area with a herd of Texas cattle with the long X brand. During the open range era the ran a far north a Canada.

my vote for hard tough would be Liver Eating Johnson.

Does the Range Riders in Mites City still display pictures of its members ? A member had to be in Mt. before 1910 I think.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Wasn’t there speculation that the Mad Trapper came from the Bainville area? Not saying he was born there though.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by viking
Wasn’t there speculation that the Mad Trapper came from the Bainville area? Not saying he was born there though.

I have been to Bainville....that would certainly track.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by viking

Yeah, or NW North Dakota.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Liver eatin Johnson called Red Lodge home.... I suspect he was a badazz

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Bad Assery was born in Montana to a man named Hugh Glass.
]]

Agree. But his luck run out somewhere near Hathaway on the Yellowstone, when injuns caught him crossing on the ice.

Ya didn't expect him to die in a nursing home, did ya? ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by irfubar
Liver eatin Johnson called Red Lodge home.... I suspect he was a badazz

Johnson held a grudge fo sure...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Keith Jardine and Sean O’Malley might make the current list.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This guy is was the real deal. Born on a homested near Musselshell, Montana 1910. Drafted into WWII at the age of 31 and came home after spending the whole war in the Philippines, a place he had never heard of before he was shipped there in 1942...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by shrapnel
This guy is was the real deal. Born on a homested near Musselshell, Montana 1910. Drafted into WWII at the age of 31 and came home after spending the whole war in the Philippines, a place he had never heard of before he was shipped there in 1942...

I can see that ridge in the first picture from my kitchen window.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,142 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,663
Posts18,493,629
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.