Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Several years ago, maybe 4-5 years back, I was reading an article that was explaining the ‘Consequences of our government not working in the interest of all Americans’.

The article had a quote that appeared to have been gleaned from an actual document our founding fathers might have written.

(paraphrasing, here) The language said something like…

“If political parties or individual politicians, both on a Federal or State level are acting in a manner that undermines the sovereignty and freedoms of Americans”. “The people are just in removing the party or individual from office by any means, including using force of violence.”

I’ve tried over the years to locate this information, written in a context, that gives the impression that a Revolution is permissible for the above reason.

Anyone know, if these words are part of any document our founders might have written? Or, just the ramblings of some author who wrote the article I had read.

Thanks.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I was going to say something offensive to you Mark, but can't due to the nature of this business !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Paul, you know I love offensive replies. But not quite as much a PaulyBarnyard does.

Lol

🦫

PS

Has Deb, shot herself a buck yet?

“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Not yet, Mate.

Had a nice one come in "right on lights out", Sunday evening.

She's itchin to get back out.

Fuggin fall back, means no hunting after work, now !

I predict Sat/Sun, she will supply groceries.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Can't help you with a specific quote but that is one of the main reasons the founders acknowledged the 2nd amendment. Jefferson mentioned watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants and patriots when necessary. The bottom quote in my sig. line adds to the sentiment as well.

In the Declaration it states that “whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government.”

The Federalist papers goes into detail as well but can't remember which.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Can't help you with a specific quote but that is one of the main reasons the founders acknowledged the 2nd amendment. Jefferson mentioned watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants and patriots when necessary. The bottom quote in my sig. line adds to the sentiment as well.

In the Declaration it states that “whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government.”

The Federalist papers goes into detail as well but can't remember which.

Dude, I appreciate that information. I will check those sources more closely. It’s been frustrating trying to locate the quote for a long while.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Declaration of Independence
...Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute a new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider
...Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute a new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

That’s it!

JFC, my history schooling sucked ass.

Thanks, RR. My search is done.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I would check in the Constitution, I believe it says something there. In fact, it states it's our DUTY to do so.

A gun in hand is worth two cops on the phone.
MOLON LABE
LET'S GO BRANDON!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by RiverRider

That’s it!

JFC, my history schooling sucked ass.

Thanks, RR. My search is done.

🦫

Por nada, senor.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In further searching, I ran into this webpage:

https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/creating-the-united-states/formation-of-political-parties.html

Originally Posted by Library of Congress
Political factions or parties began to form during the struggle over ratification of the federal Constitution of 1787. Friction between them increased as attention shifted from the creation of a new federal government to the question of how powerful that federal government would be. The Federalists, led by Secretary of Treasury Alexander Hamilton, wanted a strong central government, while the Anti-Federalists, led by Secretary of State Thomas Jefferson, advocated states’ rights instead of centralized power. Federalists coalesced around the commercial sector of the country while their opponents drew their strength from those favoring an agrarian society. The ensuing partisan battles led George Washington to warn of “the baneful effects of the spirit of party” in his Farewell Address as president of United States.

The more things change, the more they stay the same???

Don't be the darkness.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It won't be a quote from the Founding Fathers because when they founded this nation there was no such thing as political parties. Those came later. That is one of the reasons they used the word "factions" in the Federalist Papers because political parties had not been invented yet. And I don't believe it is an actual quote. Looks to me like it was jobbed together from several quotes into one which is actually pretty common.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MAC
It won't be a quote from the Founding Fathers because when they founded this nation there was no such thing as political parties. Those came later. That is one of the reasons they used the word "factions" in the Federalist Papers because political parties had not been invented yet. And I don't believe it is an actual quote. Looks to me like it was jobbed together from several quotes into one which is actually pretty common.

Not sure what you're talking about, but I meant to have a link in that post above. I have edited the post and added the link. Maybe that will clear it up for you.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ooohhhh, wait...you never even read the entire thread (my best guess).

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Knarley_Bob
I would check in the Constitution, I believe it says something there. In fact, it states it's our DUTY to do so.

Hmm…Okay, I will check there too.

It’s interesting that the Founders wrote in several places the importance of removing a government that is working for themselves and not for the better of our nation and its peoples.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I’m of the belief our Founders didn’t write something to be confused. If they wrote about the responsibility of the populace to displace a ‘shady’ government. They meant it.

We The People…

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fear the people with the least to lose and the means to do something about it.

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

It’s interesting that the Founders wrote in several places the importance of removing a government that is working for themselves and not for the better of our nation and its peoples.

🦫

Considering that what the Founders were dealing with at the time, THROWING OUT the British government, it’s something that they put a lot of thought and effort into. They watched as governments and monarchs of Europe trampled the individual’s rights or failed to acknowledge the inherent rights bestowed upon all by their CREATOR and they knew that unchecked power created tyrants and despots which is why they provided remedy in the New World against tyranny. They were wholly consumed with abolishing the chains that bound them to the British Crown and they sought to do so with credibility and legitimacy through our Declaration of Independence. The copious volumes of writings from our Founders illustrates the lengths they went to in order to Affect a better government and the mental anguish they felt knowing that they were doing something that HAD to be done but the costs for asserting independence were GREAT! Still though they knew that they were no longer willing to live on their knees and abolishing a despotic British government HAD to be successful in order for Freedom to reign in the New World. They chose BRAVELY to fight against the world’s most powerful military at the time knowing that dying on their feet was preferable to continuing to live on their knees.

I fear we’re well past the time to take back our corrupt and despotic government and transform it once again into the harbinger of Freedom and Liberty the Founding Fathers envisioned!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

🦫

I recall a quote mentioning "the right and the duty" to abolish tyrannical government or something to that effect, but I couldn't say where to save my life.

The Federalist Papers is FULL of the Founders' thoughts. I've read bits and pieces, but now that I've retired and can't hunt and shoot ALL the damned time I think I'll knuckle down and work my way through it.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

🦫

Considering that what the Founders were dealing with at the time, THROWING OUT the British government, it’s something that they put a lot of thought and effort into. They watched as governments and monarchs of Europe trampled the individual’s rights or failed to acknowledge the inherent rights bestowed upon all by their CREATOR and they knew that unchecked power created tyrants and despots which is why they provided remedy in the New World against tyranny. They were wholly consumed with abolishing the chains that bound them to the British Crown and they sought to do so with credibility and legitimacy through our Declaration of Independence. The copious volumes of writings from our Founders illustrates the lengths they went to in order to Affect a better government and the mental anguish they felt knowing that they were doing something that HAD to be done but the costs for asserting independence were GREAT! Still though they knew that they were no longer willing to live on their knees and abolishing a despotic British government HAD to be successful in order for Freedom to reign in the New World. They chose BRAVELY to fight against the world’s most powerful military at the time knowing that dying on their feet was preferable to continuing to live on their knees.

I fear we’re well past the time to take back our corrupt and despotic government and transform it once again into the harbinger of Freedom and Liberty the Founding Fathers envisioned!

The increasing taxation of the colonies only made the British throne stronger against the colonists. In other words, using taxation to levy more brutal and eventuallly more barbarian tactics against the populace. Sound familiar?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1beaver_shooter, 257man, 222ND, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,623 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,690
Posts18,534,494
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.