Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Colion Noir says yes, per 5th Appeals Court.

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
District court out of Texas said it was dead in its entirety based on 5th Circuit precedent in Mock v. Garland.

Of course, this will be appealed, so, we'll see what happens.

But for now, the zombie is dead.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's not "really" dead until you can buy braced handgun AR's from retailers again like we could for over a decade.

That said, it would be a legit nightmare for the feds to try and prosecute anyone for an NFA violation for possession of a firearm that they approved numerous times, in writing, as legal.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Always wanted one. Maybe the scare tactic by the Feds was all that was planned. No manufacturer or dealer probably has the balls to ship those or sell them again.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Having owned and shot several .223 SBRs, I quickly got the whole .223 pistol notion out of my mind. More muzzle blast at the cost of performance and accuracy doesn't compute for me.

The pistol brace thing was a blatant move against the NFA. Who's kidding who - a "brace" you can shoulder in order to call it a pistol was nonsensical. All that said, I still support owning and using one if you are so inclined. Anything to destroy or erode the NFA is all good in my books even if the means is meaningless.

Pistol braces and bump stocks belong in the same clown car.

Carry on...

Last edited by STRSWilson; 11/09/23.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Having owned and shot several .223 SBRs, I quickly got the whole .223 pistol notion out of my mind. More muzzle blast at the cost of performance and accuracy doesn't compute for me.

The pistol brace thing was a blatant move against the NFA. Who's kidding who - a "brace" you can shoulder in order to call it a pistol was nonsensical. All that said, I still support owning and using one if you are so inclined. Anything to destroy or erode the NFA is all good in my books even if the means is meaningless.

Carry on...

You're missing the point:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The entire Gun World was in shambles, waiting for Noir's opinion - it had to be Noir!...when it was so easy to read the original document.

Britto v ATF

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Had a couple that were pretty swell....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Carry on...

And by the time he did that cute little dance, he'd have three .45's in his chest and one in his head. But it looks cool and tactical and all so carry on.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Carry on...

Yep ! It’s lost on a lot here.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by CopperSolid
The entire Gun World was in shambles, waiting for Noir's opinion - it had to be Noir!...when it was so easy to read the original document.

Britto v ATF

Gee, I guess I missed that on my YT feed page. I did see the same info from other YT channels I subscribe to, but Colion is actually a lawyer, of some sort. So I gave his vid the first look.

Thought it was shareworthy. But I'm more interested in gun related news, than the tripe up top on the old ladies knitting circle.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It ain't over until the fat lady sings!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
It ain't over until the fat lady sings!

True.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They occupy a space between pistols and rifles for both accuracy & power. Great tools for shooting from a driver's seat.

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Carry on...

This set up can legally be carried in my truck loaded because it’s considered a pistol. Can’t do that with a rifle. Or you could just put a pistol brace on whatever upper you would like, and legally in my state, carry it loaded in your vehicle if you so desire. This is a no-brainer!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BamBam
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Carry on...

This set up can legally be carried in my truck loaded because it’s considered a pistol. Can’t do that with a rifle. Or you could just put a pistol brace on whatever upper you would like, and legally in my state, carry it loaded in your vehicle if you so desire. This is a no-brainer!

Yeah, we had that silly rule in WV until a couple of years ago, along with some other nonsense about what you could carry in the woods for protection. They fixed it finally. Personally, I’d rather tote a folding rifle, but that’s just one old fart’s notion.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Personally if people could read and understand the 2A the NFA and GCA of 68 should be removed. Citizens have the right to own military weapons per the 2A.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by goalie
It's not "really" dead until you can buy braced handgun AR's from retailers again like we could for over a decade.

That said, it would be a legit nightmare for the feds to try and prosecute anyone for an NFA violation for possession of a firearm that they approved numerous times, in writing, as legal.

But they said those letters don't mean nothing anymore. Their newest letter said you can't now and it's somehow more important than their old letter [rollyeyes]

I think "rescinded" was the word they used.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Britto v ATF

Gee, I guess I missed that on my YT feed page. I did see the same info from other YT channels I subscribe to, but Colion is actually a lawyer, of some sort. So I gave his vid the first look.

Thought it was shareworthy. But I'm more interested in gun related news, than the tripe up top on the old ladies knitting circle.

So am I. I just happen to dislike the Cult of Noir.

Thank you for your service, MM.

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Britto v ATF

So am I. I just happen to dislike the Cult of Noir.

Thank you for your service, MM.

I get feeds from a few of the popular gun YT channels, Colion Noir, MrGunsngear, AKOU 4774, IV8888, and a few others.

My favorite is probably Brandon Herrera.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (257wthbylover, 22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 270cowboy, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,305
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.