Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by victoro
That's been the Democrat's (Communist's) wet dream for years. The want everybody to live in high rise apartments and either walk, ride bicycles or use mass transit. People are much easier to control that way.

And that is why I say it is great for those who CHOOSE to live that way. Different strokes for different folks. My concern is choosing to live that way is not the end game.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I can walk to Walmart, the parts store, and liquor store.

Does that count?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Sounds like a great idea if you’re little enclave was mostly upper middle class and higher and you could keep out the riff raff. I wouldn’t want to do it in the schit stained hell scape of today’s cities.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Again, the economic driver has to be manufacturing or industry. This means people working. We have spent over a half century striving to eliminate productive employment and denigrating the working class. Understanding the importance of a productive working class is the root of a successful economic and societal model. A high rise office building full of advertising execs is not productive industry. The same building full of investment banker is not productive industry, though they can claim some relationship. Fill the same building with engineers, and you are getting close to having a saleable product.
I am no longer a productive member of society. Since I only provide services for tourists. I would be of little value in the 15 minute city.
It is one thing to be ignorant of our effect on the environment in general, it is quite another to be openly antagonistic toward it, just to gratify our wants. Planning cities in ways to counteract urban sprawl and waste is a good thing. Many of us would not want to live in the city, but if that's the case, maybe we shouldn't work there either. GD

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by greydog
Again, the economic driver has to be manufacturing or industry. This means people working. We have spent over a half century striving to eliminate productive employment and denigrating the working class. Understanding the importance of a productive working class is the root of a successful economic and societal model. A high rise office building full of advertising execs is not productive industry. The same building full of investment banker is not productive industry, though they can claim some relationship. Fill the same building with engineers, and you are getting close to having a saleable product.
I am no longer a productive member of society. Since I only provide services for tourists. I would be of little value in the 15 minute city.
It is one thing to be ignorant of our effect on the environment in general, it is quite another to be openly antagonistic toward it, just to gratify our wants. Planning cities in ways to counteract urban sprawl and waste is a good thing. Many of us would not want to live in the city, but if that's the case, maybe we shouldn't work there either. GD

These people won't be filling office buildings. They'll be working from home.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
“I am no longer a productive member of society”

Think about that statement. As those in control gain more control the efficiency quotient will require non productive people to be removed from society. Concentrating people, cattle, sheep, elk, potatoes or anything else into small areas make them easier to control.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yes. For those of us paying attention, they've been discussed by the WEF for sometime

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Obama goal. Been seeing this since at least 2006!
Obama never tried hiding his goals for America.
Remember!?
"The Constitution is an old, outdated document and needs to be up dated!" - i.e. tossed out and rewritten to make him king/chancellor/chief/imperial leader, etc, etc.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Sioux City had Neiborhood's with everything a family needed. Trolly cars could take them where they needed to go.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Sioux City had Neiborhood's with everything a family needed. Trolly cars could take them where they needed to go.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Fu'ck the 15 min cities, I am out and will never be a part of that

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Where in the plan is the space for BLM and Antifa to riot and burn? That is now a part of Portlands lifestyle, what is the 15 minute city doing to accomodate them? In regards to 45 100's remarks about non productive citizens, I was just watching an old Twilite Zone that had Burgess Meredith in it as a Librarian, on trial, and sentenced to Death by the Government for being OBSOLETE. Some of those old episodes were eerily prescient and accurate!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes they were

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I read all about this when I read agenda 21 years ago. I'm sure it's in agenda 2030 as well. You can already see lots of apartment complexes of 4 to 5 story along the newish commuter rail in Utah. There's one near my inlaws house that has spartments around a movie theater with several fast food joints nearby all next to the rail system. There's not nearly enough parking spots for the apartments and every night cars are parked on both sides of any street within a block of the apartments.

Rexburg Idaho is starting to build lots of 4-5 storey apartments above restaurants near the university with little to no parking nearby. Makes it tough to go to Cafe Rio if you're driving. There's no fire escapes on any of the apartments either but they have sprinkler systems that hopefully work when it's 30 degrees below.

When I went to school there years ago student apartments had to have a parking spot for each bed. Now there's very few parking spots and buildings built right close to 2 lane streets.

Bb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have noticed several new, multi-story concrete buildings going up around Tucson. They all appear very similar in architecture with just a few small windows. They look like industrial complexes with limited parking as mentioned.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
John, you've seen my "stomping grounds" - the 12K population town I live in is about as large as I can stand anymore.
I'm thinking our friend 45-100 feels the same.
We both could be a bit hard to control, I believe. Come down and join us!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We know a couple that lived in Portland, sold their car, then used public transportation

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I grew up country living, lived in Wichita, KS for 15 years. Now back where I grew up and I have no desire to live in a 15-minute city. I would rather live in woods.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 45_100
They have been proposed in the Tucson and Phoenix metropolitan areas. They have merit for those who CHOOSE to live that way and I can see why some people might. Public transportation in most areas is an expensive and inefficient use of taxpayer money. In Tucson the buses are mostly empty and the windows are covered so you can’t see inside. In our town they have short buses running around with one or two people. A taxi service would be cheaper. Public transportation also has a huge carbon footprint for those who care.

My mom lives in a retirement community. She is 95, healthy and her mind is sharp. She quit driving a couple years ago but still keeps her car. Everything she needs is within 30 minutes of her home, including her doctors. She likes it that way.

The problem is, those who want to control everyone know people are more controllable when they are concentrated in small areas and depend on someone else for all their essentials. My concern is the controllers are not open about their end game, Agenda 21. These things are presented and start out voluntary and then become mandatory, think electric vehicles. Yes I am paranoid but that doesn’t mean they aren’t after me!

If you are white, conservative, male and middle class.. they are after us all Mark... we're the 50% plus of the population the Globalists want to get rid of...

Think outside the box.... What is a 15 minute city have as a mission as compared to a concentration camp?

Same thing as soon as they put up the fence.... Just like the NAZIs did in Poland and Warsaw with the Ghettos full of Jews.

This whole concept is nothing new.... they are just putting it in a new box and telling us how convenient it will be for us...
when its really convenient for them instead... all in one place, in a small area that they can do what they want with everyone, who can not do a damn thing about it. We're all guilty by association.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by greydog

You left out one little point tho GreyDog.... How many jobs in this nation were shipped overseas 3 and 4 decades ago...
The convenience are for the people in control of society, not the people forced into the 15 minute cities. You don't think a small area would be easy for a criminal element to control? or that they will be left alone, if they work controlling the neighborhoods providing what the cities politicians want done?

I say again, compare it to the concept in concentration camps. Put all your eggs in one small basket. You have control of your political enemies.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (222Sako, 2500HD, 12344mag, 22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 62 invisible), 2,276 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,495
Posts18,509,118
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.