Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
As I posted over on the Truck Gun thread, picked up my first new LH Tikka from Sportsman's a couple weeks ago. This morning, got an email from Beretta:

... We have heard that there is a need for left-handed rifles and we are responding to this demand. ...

The "Explore LH Rifles" button takes you to the European / Global Left Hand Rifle catalog. Not the limited U.S. rifle import offerings. I responded to the generic email marketing blast. Looking thru the European catalog, interesting things like a LH Stainless T3 Varmint chambered .270 Win. Eight options for LH T3 Lite's with adjustable cheek pieces. And 6.5x55 offered alongside the 6.5 Man Bun...

Will be interesting to see what Beretta USA is actually willing to import...

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got the same email. It says that Tikka has over 400 variations of LH guns now. Fat chance we can order a 9.3x62. (4 variations)

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
LH Tikka 9.3s are out there. There is one currently at auction (online) down in Bedford, VA. Bidding is currently only at $206 with 2 days left. Search on “Sportsman’s Auction” to find it. Don’t bother looking for 9.3 components in the auction, I already searched. 😉

O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Ngrumba
I got the same email. It says that Tikka has over 400 variations of LH guns now. Fat chance we can order a 9.3x62. (4 variations)

Yep. Their statement in re: "400 options" got me poking around and comparing their European (Global) web site vs U.S. web site. Their European site does show 400+ Left Hand Chambering / Model combinations (sku's?). U.S. site only shows about 130-140. SO, if Beretta USA finally decides to get off their butts and import a broader selection of Tikka, might need to consider buying a couple more...

But, ain't holding my breath...

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
This might shock some, but Beretta and Tikka are in the business of selling guns, not withholding them from the U.S. market.

If people start hounding their distributors, and Beretta directly for LH models, I have no doubt they will be happy to ship some our way.

Call me a pessimist, but I don’t think just grousing about it online will have much effect.

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by John0313
This might shock some, but Beretta and Tikka are in the business of selling guns, not withholding them from the U.S. market.

If people start hounding their distributors, and Beretta directly for LH models, I have no doubt they will be happy to ship some our way.

Call me a pessimist, but I don’t think just grousing about it online will have much effect.

Three years ago, I sent an email to Beretta USA Customer Service offering to pay up front for a European offering, and wait for it to show up on a slow boat from Finland. Did not even get a response...

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
None, and I mean none of the firearms companies deal direct (retail). It’s not fair to their distributors. If you had worked with a major distributor for that brand (as in speaking with a person and placing an order) I think the outcome would have been different. That way, the distributor says to Beretta, we would like to add one of your left hand European model whatever’s, sku number 123456, to our next order. You would just need to wait until the next order is placed with Beretta, and then delivered. And it might be awhile. Customs and delivery for a shipment of goods is both easier and cheaper than for one-offs.

This is what Eurooptic was going to do for me, and I bet they’d do it for you too.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I had Eurooptics order two Sakos for me about 9 years ago. A lefty .270 for me, righty for the wife. Long wait to get them. I had several long conversations with their staff about ordering lefty Tikkas and Sakos that were normally not imported. Even offered to pre pay. Their staff conceded to me it was basically impossible due to Berreta’s arrogance.
Doesn’t seem like much has changed.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by John0313
None, and I mean none of the firearms companies deal direct (retail). It’s not fair to their distributors. If you had worked with a major distributor for that brand (as in speaking with a person and placing an order) I think the outcome would have been different. That way, the distributor says to Beretta, we would like to add one of your left hand European model whatever’s, sku number 123456, to our next order. You would just need to wait until the next order is placed with Beretta, and then delivered. And it might be awhile. Customs and delivery for a shipment of goods is both easier and cheaper than for one-offs.

This is what Eurooptic was going to do for me, and I bet they’d do it for you too.

That ^^^^ I understand. And probably would have agreed to. Would be nice if someone at Beretta USA would at least throw a bone and say "Hey, here is the preferred way to do..." Appreciate the feedback.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (160user, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,278
Posts18,486,771
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.