-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
All right anybody had a napa a service center work on their stuff.... and then the warranty ....

did they fix your stuff and did parts include labor if it didn't work out/rite ? I have goten napa parts for years because I thought they were a better part...
some of the other places not so much ...I'm always work on my own stuff but now I got a napa service center said they will fix my chit wit warranty cheaper.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...with MIC parts

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I used NAPA parts for many years, overall good quality (no, not the batteries), very few problems, and they made it right, right away But honestly I have never heard of of NAPA branching into service work, and I'd say it's all about the employees ability and training or lack of...and the general attitude of management. In a rural area like mine, the owner/managers understand word of mouth is your greatest friend if you do right by the customers and your worst enemy if you treat them poorly.
In any case, I don't even slow down for places like Auto Zone, O'Reillys, their hiring indicates they don't value knowledge or experience. A good partsman is worth his weight in gold.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are called NAPA autocare centers, they are independent garages that signup for this program it is a very good program. For over 3 years I managed two NAPA stores in FL one in Port Charlotte and and one in Punta Gorda.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My shop just called 2 years or 24 months ... parts and labor.
..on a 20yr old truck...hummmm

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've gotten some wrong, and some lousy parts from our local NAPA. One bunch of wrong parts I got were lug nuts for my Tundra. You'd think by now, NAPA could pick the right lug nuts for a popular truck, but you'd be wrong. I got a thermostat for the same truck, and when I got it home, it looked like, and actually was, cheap Chinesium. I took it back (12 mile trip) and ordered an OEM one on line that was quality. NAPA isn't what it was 25 years ago. I don't know if it's management, personnel, or both..

Last edited by reivertom; 11/13/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I like to sit on a stool for hours there, being a nuisance, sharpening my Barlow folder and whittling onto the floor. Flapping my gums about Farmall tractors and hauling the fats away to the meat locker

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
A recent experience. 01 GMC 4x4 2500HD 6.0.
SES light came on intermittently. Code says Knock sensor.
My mechanic is a young man in his early thirties a mile down the road with one helper and two lifts in his garage. He has treated me very fair for several years and his prices are substantially lower than any dealer. Plus he has a lovely wife and two very well behaved, respectful young sons. I like to support such individuals.

Back to the truck. The knock sensors are under the intake manifold, a real PIA to get to. Mechanic pulls the manifold, installs two new sensors and the short wire harness under the manifold. Puts it back together, and both sensors (OEM from Chevy dealership) are bad.

He takes it apart, gets two new sensors from dealership. Puts it back together. One sensor is bad.

He takes it apart. Drives to the neighboring town for a third time on this job. Gets one more sensor, puts it together and it is good to go.

Chevy dealership replaced the faulty parts, but no allowances are made for his labor or travel.

He told me that NAPA does cover his labor (I assume at a reduced rate) on defective parts. But his experience has been that NAPA has a higher failure rate on these sensors than does Chevy.

Yes, when I wrote the check, I sweetened it a bit to help offset the extra time and expense he put in. Having a really good mechanic almost next door is a nice asset.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

243 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 257 mag, 219DW, 18 invisible), 1,714 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,872
Posts18,478,727
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.