Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Thinking about getting a farm use vehicle for checking fence, moving electric fence paddocks, etc. Daughter and SIL have a side by side. Swear by it for farm use.

Anyone using one of the 4x4 Japanese mini trucks around the farm as a UTV? Any issues getting stuck? Rollovers?

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It's hard to beat the old Jeep.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I haven't seen any listed for sale in a
couple of years in this area

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
They look neat, but the suspension setup is the same as you’ll find on a conventional auto. Translation-they’ll beat you to death. Also, they’re harder to get in/out of. If you live in really flat/smooth country, or are worried about having a “cab” (for inclement weather), they might be worth a look, but for average use, a UTV with 4 wheel independent suspension is a much more comfortable ride.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Neighbor rancher has one, no idea what brand. They've been running around in it for the 7 years we've been here at least. Take it up this BLM dirt road to their spring tanks a mile or so up sometimes, rather than using one of their trucks

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Saw a larger version, Nissan, in town. Crew cab style, small flat bed, with at least 15" tires. Street legal apparently as it was licensed with a regular plate. I could go for something like that

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Neighbor rancher has one, no idea what brand.

That’s a nice looking rig, smaller than I imagined and I’d like a different color but still nice. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kubota UTV?

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The camouflage is outstanding!

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by logger
Best I've seen!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by logger
Best I've seen!

I think you mean the best you haven't seen.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to want one, as several of my neighbors have them. The problem is when you have a breakdown. Good luck on finding parts. One guy told me he couldn't even find an oil filter for his.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Saw a guy pull into a local gas station with one. He’d done a lot of work on it, converted to left-hand drive, new shocks, off-road tires, camo paint. Said he towed it north for moose hunting on the lumber roads. Right-hand drive vehicles are a pain to get insured here. Only one company will do it and you’ll pay triple the price.

Really looked slick. If I see him again I might ask him to do one up for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh for the days of the old American made Field truck....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
place down the road sells them , he gets maybe 2 a month, seems the going price with a decent mileage one is around $8K, 4X4 with A/C

considering I saw a chinese made SXS at Tractor Supply for $10K, they don't seem like such a bad deal

Last edited by KFWA; 11/11/23.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
First inclination to look at the mini-trucks was price. Around here, new side by sides are starting at $9K-$10K depending on brand and retailer. Can get a clean mini truck with 4x4, a cab, and heat, possibly A/C and dump bed for starting price of a new side by side. Have also been looking at older Jeep CJ's as an option. However, they all seem to be "project" vehicles. Looking for "turn key". Thanks for the input regarding insuring RHD. I will need to check with my KY FB rep. THAT could be a deal breaker. Very few LHD mini trucks. One of the pluses for a mini truck is that it should be street-able. If insurance is a no-go, that goes out the window...

Curious, for the folks who have had multiple side by sides, UTV's... Most comfortable? Easiest riding? Dealing with my first "back experience". Do not want a rock sled.

O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
First inclination to look at the mini-trucks was price. Around here, new side by sides are starting at $9K-$10K depending on brand and retailer. Can get a clean mini truck with 4x4, a cab, and heat, possibly A/C and dump bed for starting price of a new side by side. Have also been looking at older Jeep CJ's as an option. However, they all seem to be "project" vehicles. Looking for "turn key". Thanks for the input regarding insuring RHD. I will need to check with my KY FB rep. THAT could be a deal breaker. Very few LHD mini trucks. One of the pluses for a mini truck is that it should be street-able. If insurance is a no-go, that goes out the window...

Curious, for the folks who have had multiple side by sides, UTV's... Most comfortable? Easiest riding? Dealing with my first "back experience". Do not want a rock sled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not sure about street ready, I was watching a video of someone who said he couldn't get tags for it. I can't recall that I have ever seen one driving around town

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
This is about a block from the house. Suzuki Jimny. NRA sticker in the window.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Apparently the conversation to LHD is not difficult, if you’re handy that way. This guy did his own and even the consoles are designed to accomodate moving the instrument cluster.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
We had a bunch of Dihatsu’s at Disney. They were fine.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (204guy, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 2ndwind, 300s, 25 invisible), 2,129 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,622
Posts18,474,027
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.