Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Hang in there you have modern medical technology in your favor, continued research and collaboration among researchers, hospitals and pharma. My colleagues brother age 78 was diagnosed 6 months ago with a nasty blood disease. Odds were 6% of life less than 2 years.Doctor sent him to Moffett, a renowned cancer center in Florida. After much deliberation and consultation he ended up at Dana FARBER in Boston, another renowned hospital. Got a stem cell transplant and is doing very well. Staying with his bro in CT and goes back to Dana FARBER.
So many excellent hospitals throughout the country.
The doctors are encouraged and he is doing very well. Had lunch with him with our office staff yesterday and he said he is doing very well.

Stay focused, ask a lot of questions, god bless.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
So sorry to hear. 🙏🙏🙏

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Every single one of us is "one phone call away"...

Earnestness... in all that you do...

Before and after that phone call...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve lost close family and friends to cancer. It’s a plague that has touched almost everyone in one way or another.

I’ve thought about, at my age, how I would handle the same news you received. Would I seek out the best care I could find? Would I move away from traditional medicine, if I didn’t see positive results to try something a little more on the fringe of medicine?…

Or would I go entirely go off the reservation and say, I’m good. I just gonna run with what’s been diagnosed and live my days doing what I want to do, need to do for others in my orbit, and things I should have done before I got the news.

I’m not certain where I will land on the above question, but I admire your strength.

Best to you and your family.

-Mark

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Best wishes for a speedy recovery and prayers for you and your family.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn that sucks. Dig in and kick it's ass!

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by Craigster
Originally Posted by RAM
Well, glad you got some bucket list items done. Do more if you can. Sue your PC. Best to you, have lost too many to Cancer. The clock is running on us all. Most are unaware. Look outside the box for arms in the battle. Suzanne Somers got 20 + years. Strength and honor brother.

"Sue your PC." Yeah, that'll help. RAM, you're a moron.

Yeah, stop thinking about your family. You're a genius

Re-read his story. The poor man had to over rule his PC to get his diagnosis.

They all carry Malpractice. Free money. Why leave it on the table when it can go to your loved one's

Not "free money" - it comes from every patient he has.
A friend who was an MD told me 30+ years ago that, of every dollar that came in - 50 cents went to malpractice insurance.
Every patient pays that bill - and I shudder to think what the rate is up to now.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well sir, your health is in my prayers and every one else who has to deal with that prognosis...

Hope modern day medicine they can reverse it...

They sure would reverse it for all of these senators, congressmen & women, and members of the Executive Branch and Judicial Branch of our Federal Government.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not "free money" - it comes from every patient he has.
A friend who was an MD told me 30+ years ago that, of every dollar that came in - 50 cents went to malpractice insurance.
Every patient pays that bill - and I shudder to think what the rate is up to now.

Back in January 1988, I was in the office of the Head Cardiologist at St Luke's Hospital in Kansas City, as a vendor for their Cardiology Program. It was one of the largest in the nation. He told me that he had never been sued by any patient or entity in his career. But told me that earlier that month, he had to pay his insurance company $850,000.00 for his premium for the year, by December 31st 1987, to be able to open his doors on January 2, 1988.

And that was 35 years ago....Lord knows what it is in today's world.

Over the years, I've had hundreds of doctors as clients and customers for the companies I worked for, as a vendor.
Can't tell you how many I've known that have left being in practice, due to the costs of insurance.. and have gone on to be those doctors that work for attorneys as a professional consultant in court cases. They don't have to pay the insurance overhead, and they can make even more money doing that, than being a patient seeing doctor... even at big medical centers.

Health care is a racket in this country and has been for the last 40 plus years.

I just lost my current doctor this past June, for the exact same reason... The Hospital here can't recruit another to replace him and is having a severe physician shortage overall. Know local doctors who have large practices and are getting out of the business of seeing patients... too much overhead, laws getting stringent, where patients can file a complaint at the drop of a hat over nothing... and in Oregon, all these drug addict transients, get free health care and then file a complaint against medical personnel, that can loses them their jobs.. and the hospitals won't get involved to back their employees. That is why I lost my primary care physician in June... some drug addict filed a complaint against him with the state, the hospital wouldn't back him up at all... the Doc was a graduate of Harvard Medical School and was only 35 years old...

Welcome to health care under DemocRATs.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It's been a few weeks, a few very busy weeks and I have an update. I was diagnosed a week ago last Friday with Harry Cell Leukemia, a rare but treatable form of bone marrow cancer. I started chemo last Wednesday and have had chemo everyday since until this morning. I get the weekend off and then we resume next week for a few days in a row. I'm doing okay with the chemo and looking very forward to getting the chemo portion of my treatment behind me. Immunotherapy to follow in the coming months, but my prognosis is good. Thanks for all the kind words thoughts and messages sent to me. My spirits are high and I'm grateful for my wonderful wife and my cancer team at the Colorado blood cancer institute. One of my sons will be home for Thanksgiving so it will be good to have part of our family together and everyone will be home for Christmas.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 11/11/23.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Excellent news and outlook you have Wyo, all the best to you.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
It's been a few weeks, a few very busy weeks and I have an update. I was diagnosed a week ago last Friday with Harry Cell Leukemia, a rare but treatable form of bone marrow cancer. I started chemo last Wednesday and have had chemo everyday since until this morning. I get the weekend off and then we resume next week for a few days in a row. I'm doing okay with the chemo and looking very forward to getting the chemo portion of my treatment behind me. Immunotherapy to follow in the coming months, but my prognosis is good. Thanks for all the kind words thoughts and messages sent to me. My spirits are high and I'm grateful for my wonderful wife and my cancer team at the Colorado blood cancer institute. One of my sons will be home for Thanksgiving so it will be good to have part of our family together and everyone will be home for Christmas.

I suppose that's about as good as the news could get given what you were up against. So relieved for you that there's a lot of hope on the horizon. Chemo is rough. You'll remain in my prayers.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Thanks all for the kind words. I've got a good attitude, great wife, grown sons. I've been telling folks for years to live well why they can. There are no guarantees. So glad that I traveled during Covid. Got to see the pyramids, Calvary, walk the streets that Paul walked and stood where he preached. I've never had a depressive day in my life and not going to start now.

Good man,

Keep that attitude and continue to live every day you can with it.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Continue to pray for you.

Wishing you all the best.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hang in there hoping you beat this. My wife came home yesterday from surgery she has late stage 2 ovarian cancer. So I know what you and your family are dealing with.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for this welcomed update - so very pleased to know this. Fight on, and enjoy these holidays.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Prayers sent your way from Canada WyColoCowboy!

Having been a cowboy in my youth, I know how tough you are, Cancer picked the wrong fight you have it licked already!

God Bless ~

KB

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Just go kick that fugger’s ass…

Re-read that: I meant Cancer, that is, not your son.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You’ve been in my prayers since I read this.

With the positive attitude that you have along with the true love and support that you’re blessed to have from your wife and family you’re already 90% of the way there! With the good Lord’s guidance your doctors will take you the last 10% of the way and over the finish line you’ll go….cancer free!

You don’t sound like a guy that has trouble figuring out what is truly important in life and your priorities in life align with mine which I’ve found makes facing whatever adversity life throws at us much easier to face. When you have the love and support of a caring spouse nothing seems “impossible”….. if you’re like me I’m thankful that I’m the one who is facing the uphill battle rather than my wife or children.

God bless YOU and your FAMILY as you move forward and beat this for good!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
For yourself and your family Google Ivermectin for cancer treatment. Best of luck.

Life is good live it while you can.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 50 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,294
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.