Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
There is absolutely no path for TX to be in the top 4.

Zero, nada, no-ting.

MM

I guess the selection committee didn't get the memo

Stupid, pretty unsupported decision based on most of their past precedents of taking a major conference winner, especially being undefeated.

Although there is really no doubt that FSU is the weakest of the top 5 or 6 contenders & play in an overall weak-azz conference compared to the other 4 major conferences, ordinarily FSU would have been taken as has happened in the past for the most part.

This was a political decision based on the whining of TX, & they managed to justify it simply because TX beat AL in an early game when they've ALWAYS weighted year end performance over early season performance.

JMO which doesn't matter at all & I am not an avid supporter of any of the contenders.

MM

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
FSU has always been dissed by the NCAA and the networks--read ESPN--since that a- hole Keith jackson we get the shaft all the time --if there is a seeding you can expect us to be 8 or 9 --why? be those seeds play the #1 in the next round.It won't stop until FSU decide to withdraw from the NCAA

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Reading alot of posts from butt hurt folks. It is what it is and next year is a new year.

Where are all the. Butt Hurt Georgia fans ???
Haven’t heard a one of them complain yet.

The REAL Butt Hurt Will began when Alabama wins another National Title.

They’ll beat Michigan and whoever survives the Longhorns vs Huskies game. Hope the Huskies beat the Horns like a drum. 😂

FSU & Georgia both got robbed by the “Selection Committe”. 🤪

It’s all about Advertising Dollars and which Teams will draw the biggest television viewership for ESPN.
The BCS “system” of picking the Top 4 has been a joke now for YEARS.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by savage2400
It won't stop until FSU decides to withdraw from the NCAA

That'll show 'em who's boss smirk

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

LOL

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Springcove
I have no dog in this fight but have a question. How does FSU beat any of the top 4 teams when they have no offensive? They could barely score against Louisville.

True Freshman QB played last night. There were a lot of drops . He will not be playing on the New Years bowl, he has some work to be done. 2nd String QB will play that one .

Louisville was held to 200 yards of offense. Look at their stats.

FSU will be putting a bunch of players in the NFL this year. 2 in the first round and they have stocked roster of young guys. Number 3 recruiting class to reload .

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by acy
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Has to do with 4 BEST not 4 MOST DESERVING

So why is Michigan in it?

This is a Mockery. How do you have to teams with losses that played each other in the season included?

So who are your 4?

The south

The south

The south

The south

LOL

FSU
Florida State
The Seminoles
Bobby Bowden

Have you ever beaten FSU dumbazz ? Not in my lifetime . We have 3 national titles that were not accomplished in the early 1900's where players used leather helmets. A michigan fan would not know what football is. It's not your fault.

You must be pretty young for an oldelkhunter.

Younger than most believe. I also don't whine about my health and tell people what I eat at breakfast, lunch or dinner every day. Or complain about prostate issues. Jeez

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

NCAA will go away on its own , they screw every conference and are about as useful as the UN is.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
FSU has always been dissed by the NCAA and the networks--read ESPN--since that a- hole Keith jackson we get the shaft all the time --if there is a seeding you can expect us to be 8 or 9 --why? be those seeds play the #1 in the next round.It won't stop until FSU decide to withdraw from the NCAA

Actually it started when ESPN went woke and complained about all the teams with Indian symbols. A lot of team folded, the seminole tribe of Florida told ESPN to pound salt. There is always an agenda.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
2 northern teams, 2 southern teams

Let’s see who's legit

I love it

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I think Washington and Bama are the 2 best out of the four chosen. I think GA is better than TX but the SEC championship game is brutal, it guarantees that a marquee team will lose their last game. Bad timing for GA

Best team out of the 4 playing will be TX. They go to Tuscaloosa and beat them by 2 scores means they are dead meat at a neutral site.

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by acy

This is a Mockery. How do you have to teams with losses that played each other in the season included?

So who are your 4?

The south

The south

The south

The south

LOL

FSU
Florida State
The Seminoles
Bobby Bowden

Have you ever beaten FSU dumbazz ? Not in my lifetime . We have 3 national titles that were not accomplished in the early 1900's where players used leather helmets. A michigan fan would not know what football is. It's not your fault.

Younger than most believe. I also don't whine about my health and tell people what I eat at breakfast, lunch or dinner every day. Or complain about prostate issues. Jeez

Okay, but unless you started posting here as a teenager Michigan has beaten FSU in your lifetime. Maybe you did, but it would be pretty unlikely.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I think Washington and Bama are the 2 best out of the four chosen. I think GA is better than TX but the SEC championship game is brutal, it guarantees that a marquee team will lose their last game. Bad timing for GA

Best team out of the 4 playing will be TX. They go to Tuscaloosa and beat them by 2 scores means they are dead meat at a neutral site.
That doesn’t matter now.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yes oldelk 3 titles congrats...let me count Bamas up....18. 6 by Saban. There's levels to this football thing. Fsu is a good school nothing against it but the Acc is not the Sec. Don't hate on us because we passed an undefeated you with one loss for us hate on us because we're better than you numbers never lie. Arrogant? Entitled? Spoiled? Yes absolutely but to quote the great Dizzy Dean "It ain't bragging if you can back it up." 18 rings vs 3 oh? Keith Jackson was a fine man.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

Zero, nada, no-ting.

MM

Stupid, pretty unsupported decision based on most of their past precedents of taking a major conference winner, especially being undefeated.

Although there is really no doubt that FSU is the weakest of the top 5 or 6 contenders & play in an overall weak-azz conference compared to the other 4 major conferences, ordinarily FSU would have been taken as has happened in the past for the most part.

This was a political decision based on the whining of TX, & they managed to justify it simply because TX beat AL in an early game when they've ALWAYS weighted year end performance over early season performance.

JMO which doesn't matter at all & I am not an avid supporter of any of the contenders.

MM

I wonder if the fact Texas kicked Alabama all through the game last year until the 4th quarter before the Zebras stepped in and helped Alabama to the point, after two game changing bad calls, the announcers wondered out loud what was going on?

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/03/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Reading alot of posts from butt hurt folks. It is what it is and next year is a new year.

Where are all the. Butt Hurt Georgia fans ???
Haven’t heard a one of them complain yet.

The REAL Butt Hurt Will began when Alabama wins another National Title.

They’ll beat Michigan and whoever survives the Longhorns vs Huskies game. Hope the Huskies beat the Horns like a drum. 😂

FSU & Georgia both got robbed by the “Selection Committe”. 🤪

It’s all about Advertising Dollars and which Teams will draw the biggest television viewership for ESPN.
The BCS “system” of picking the Top 4 has been a joke now for YEARS.

If it was all about dollars I'm thinking GA would be in?

I Dindo Nuffin
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MONEY. Anyone picked MONEY for the win? Premium TV Dollar drives the bus.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by acy

So who are your 4?

The south

The south

The south

The south

LOL

FSU
Florida State
The Seminoles
Bobby Bowden

You have a prostate?

OK, just kidding.

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Zero, nada, no-ting.

MM

MM

I wonder if the fact Texas kicked Alabama all through the game last year until the 4th quarter before the Zebras stepped in and helped Alabama to the point, after two game changing bad calls, the announcers wondered out loud what was going on?

Forget about 2 Alabama TD's called back on penalties? Calls go both ways. And; Bama led 16-10 to start the 4th before Texas pulled away. Good to actually watch games. Texas was a deserving winner and better team; at that time.

Last edited by Cruiser1; 12/03/23.
Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1_deuce, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 1moredeer, 160user, 222Sako, 61 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,807
Posts18,516,344
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.