Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Remsen
I've seen that optic repeatedly since the most recent Hamas attacks. I'd be curious to know who makes it.

Looks like a broke ass EoTech of sorts.

Do you guys face east and pray also? I thought that was just a Palestinian thing.

I am pretty sure that whatever that optic is, it's been beat to hell and back. This guy is in the Kfir brigade (combat and anti-terror generally), not a Sayaret unit (the analog to US special forces), and they don't get top end stuff.

As for praying, it depends where I am...if I'm in Montana, I face east (towards Jerusalem). If I were to be in Afghanistan, I'd face west (again, towards Jerusalem).

Copy that on the prayers. I forgot you guys love Jerusalem too.

Find out the make and model of that optic if you don't mind. It's the least you could do since I'm the only one that gave a fugk about your being OK.

Oh park your high horse slick.

I had all the channels open.

I am MAGA.
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

That gave me a creepy tater head vibe.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

It was supposed to.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
you're

You're what?
You're, not your.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Too long to read through, where the fugk’s he been? His dog fall off a cliff too?

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
There’s a guy giving away free ones on here if it helps Remsen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So while I don't read the posts here about Jews, and I'm sure a good part of the vitriol is simply bigotry, it's not my position to argue with people over their beliefs. My work is focused on combating terror and that is how I fight back against hate.

That starts with some decent optics!

Reservists who were called up didn't get anything more than basic ARs or Tavors at first. After they got back in uniform and were sent to fight they did get more specialized equipment, but when they are not on base or in combat, and definitely when they are in street clothes and off duty (as was the case in the picture I posted) they only go with the basic weapons. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's the way it is.

I just texted the guy in the picture I posted and asked him what he's carrying now that he's back in action and this was what he sent...he really hates the Tavor, but it has an optic and since he's fighting in urban areas it's the best weapon for the job. He didn't identify the optic and it is clearly nothing special.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And Deacon, since I know you love Montana, Jews and guns, here is the picture from my first morning back after I did my Jew prayers before hunting.

In response to other questions, the rocket attacks were unprecedented on the day of the attack and a few days after, but at this point they are far more sporadic. I believe only the movie stars in Israel, like Gal Gadot and Lior Raz, get desert eagles. Glocks are the handgun of choice for regular folks. The really weird thing is that I ran into an old friend and he was carrying a 1980s era S&W 5904 as his personal carry weapon.
Beautiful piece of land in MT.

I like the Tavor. AR’s are great as all around multipurpose rifle for everything from combat, to combat shooting sports, to range and hunting use IMO but I’d take a Tavor over an M4 with a 14.5” barrel as an indoor CQ battle gun or for getting in and out of armored vehicles in an urban setting.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I like the Tavor. Nothing beats an AR as an all around multipurpose rifle for everything from combat, to combat shooting sports, to range and hunting use IMO but I’d take a Tavor over an M4 with a 14.5” barrel as an indoor CQ battle gun or for getting in and out of armored vehicles in an urban setting.
I used to have one. They have weird balance that's hard to get used to. All the weight is in the back. I guess if that was your only gun, you could get used to it, but otherwise, not.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I like the Tavor. Nothing beats an AR as an all around multipurpose rifle for everything from combat, to combat shooting sports, to range and hunting use IMO but I’d take a Tavor over an M4 with a 14.5” barrel as an indoor CQ battle gun or for getting in and out of armored vehicles in an urban setting.
I used to have one. They have weird balance that's hard to get used to. All the weight is in the back. I guess if that was your only gun, you could get used to it, but otherwise, not.
I have an X95 that I like a lot. To me the balance isn’t bad as an indoor house to house type fighting rifle. For all around general shooting the AR is definitely better balanced and a more versatile rifle.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad to hear you and your family are safe, Remsen!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I've seen that optic repeatedly since the most recent Hamas attacks. I'd be curious to know who makes it.

Do you guys face east and pray also? I thought that was just a Palestinian thing.

I am pretty sure that whatever that optic is, it's been beat to hell and back. This guy is in the Kfir brigade (combat and anti-terror generally), not a Sayaret unit (the analog to US special forces), and they don't get top end stuff.

As for praying, it depends where I am...if I'm in Montana, I face east (towards Jerusalem). If I were to be in Afghanistan, I'd face west (again, towards Jerusalem).

Find out the make and model of that optic if you don't mind. It's the least you could do since I'm the only one that gave a fugk about your being OK.

Deacon, I prayed towards Florida when I was in Jerusalem a few weeks ago, in addition to my heretical appearance at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher last year

This is what he responded when I asked what the optic is called: אנחנו קוראים להם מ-חמישה, which translates to "we call them mem five". No idea who the maker is, but I suspect that they are the Mepro red dots as others have already stated since "mem five" would mean "M 5" to an English speaker, and that seems to be the name of the RDS Pro.

And Mr Jim, when I was on the farm (before the attack) I showed the guys there your lamb and sheep farmin videos as well as Mr. Sam's cattle videos. Everyone was amazed at the open spaces from Mr. Sam's videos (cattle ranching isn't as common there as lamb and goat ranching) and wanted to see more about the lamb/sheep herds. This is what the operation looks like in Israel. One of them goats took a liking to my shirt. Then we went to grab grilled lamb shawarma for lunch.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Oh park your high horse slick.

No I will not park my high horse.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Thanks Remsen.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I loves me some grilled lamb shawarma. Wish we had a place around here.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Gotta respect a country who’s citizens drop everything, bring arms to bear, and defend their land. Reminds me of another country, long ago.

Godspeed to you and your “boys” Remsen.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Gotta respect a country who’s citizens drop everything, bring arms to bear, and defend their land. Reminds me of another country, long ago.

Are you implying that Americans are not willing to take up arms and defend their land?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Are implying that Americans are not willing to take up arms and defend their land?

I guess a lot of that willingness depends on "whom" will you take up arms against.

Pretty sure we are letting the biggest enemy to our country and freedom/Constitution run the show unchallenged now.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Are implying that Americans are not willing to take up arms and defend their land?

I guess a lot of that willingness depends on "whom" will you take up arms against.

Pretty sure we are letting the biggest enemy to our country and freedom/Constitution run the show unchallenged now.

Yes

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Yes

Yes but no more mean tweets.

I am MAGA.
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (12344mag, 44mc, 7887mm08, 160user, 1936M71, 18 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,645
Posts18,533,713
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.