Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Anyone have some 70 or 75 gr Sierra Varmiters in .243 they don't need. I could use 200 of them.Prairie dogs need to go. None in stock online or locally.

Last edited by saddlesore; 11/11/23.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
70 grain Nosler BT's will shred them to bits !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sierra has forgotten about us handloaders it seems. Will these work?

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....2-grain-hollow-point-flat-base-100-count

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
email from a Sierra tech

we’ve gained machines and help to run them because we are making more bullets now than we ever have in the history of our company. Back at the beginning of the current administration, when the flu hit, and when the civil unrest turned the world upside down, our entire inventory sold out in less than 6 months. We’ve been catching up ever since. We still have less machines than bullets we offer, so a machine needs to be changed over to make something different, and that takes time in itself away from production.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
That email is the same utter horseshit you'll get from ANY of the big component manufacturers right now. It's like they all got together and decided what to answer the questions from the lowly peasants with.

Sierra has been producing 5 to 7 million bullets a month before, since, and after the "flu". ALL of them to satisfy government contracts. All machines running for government small arms requirements. This from a year and half ago from confidential inside source, NOT tech, NOT marketing, NOT the knuckleheads tasked with answering emails, and NOT supervision/management, whom I will NOT name to protect his job as I was expressly asked. It'll be a LONG time before we see any notable improvement on the shelves for the civilian hunting market. Thank your government war mongers, because this isn't affecting JUST Sierra.

As far as Sierra is concerned this disappoints me immensely because I use a LOT of Sierra bullets.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
LMAO IF you have a set between your legs email him and tell him what you just said!

philipsierrabullets.com

Last edited by anothergun; 11/11/23.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Feral_American
That email is the same utter horseshit you'll get from ANY of the big component manufacturers right now. It's like they all got together and decided what to answer the questions from the lowly peasants with.

Sierra has been producing 5 to 7 million bullets a month before, since, and after the "flu". ALL of them to satisfy government contracts. All machines running for government small arms requirements. This from a year and half ago from confidential inside source, NOT tech, NOT marketing, NOT the knuckleheads tasked with answering emails, and NOT supervision/management, whom I will NOT name to protect his job as I was expressly asked. It'll be a LONG time before we see any notable improvement on the shelves for the civilian hunting market. Thank your government war mongers, because this isn't affecting JUST Sierra.

As far as Sierra is concerned this disappoints me immensely because I use a LOT of Sierra bullets.

IF that’s true then why do l always see Hornady on the cabelas shelves ever time l shop there??

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by 358WCF

That should work. I wanted the Sierras as I already have a load worked up for them' Thanks

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by anothergun
LMAO IF you have a set between your legs email him and tell him what you just said!

[email protected]

I'll believe a man in the trenches before I believe a company shill paid to send back form letter emails.

You on the other hand are firmly convinced every word of "tech" talk is gold enshrined gospel. "Tech" is subjective. You do realize they work from a FAQ book designed to deal with the tens of thousands of blithering idiots just like you, right? Probably not.

Hornady has been the ONLY one the past couple years that's even remotely tried to keep up with civilian demand, at least in the shops i frequent. And many of us, including myself are having to switch over if we want to keep hunting with cup & core.

Do let us know when the golden words of your BFF tech come true and we are blessed again with shelves full of Sierra bullets. Pics will be required, or it ain't happening. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting though.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
But according to your major dumb blind ass ANY company isn’t keeping up. Here l copy and paste your idiotic words … jacksss!!

It'll be a LONG time before we see ANY notable improvement on the shelves for the civilian hunting market.

Hornady has been the ONLY one the past couple years that's even remotely tried to keep up with civilian demand

STUMBLE KING over his words… sound familiar?

I think l drug your conceited behind enough through your own sh it pen for this thread.

Last edited by anothergun; 11/11/23.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
You prove time and time again that deciphering the context of the english language is NOT one of your superpowers. Sorry azzhole, I can't dumb it down enough for you.

Again, let us know when your Sierra "tech" email comes true and the shelves overfloweth with bullets again.

Betting heavy odds it's years down the road, if ever.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Well I guess I've been had by the great and all powerful OZ I mean FA only wants to go home and clicking her heels doesn't seem to do it. Guess I have to enlighten your superior insight because your eyesight doesn't seem to be working well these days.

IF you look hard enough, even though we agree that Hornady seems to be keeping up with production, they are BARELY keeping up. Online and locally. But that's ok, continue to stay on you lonely hypocritical, egotistical merry go round as much as you want. I hope you don't mind if I share about Sierra's buy out and that any one would know how it effects production. I know from experience how it does and work for plenty of company buy outs myself, and it not very productive and barely get by, but they'll never tell you the truth and is plain to see the availability speaks louder than words !

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by saddlesore

That should work. I wanted the Sierras as I already have a load worked up for them' Thanks

I'm running Sierra #1510 75gr HP Varminters and could part with a couple of boxes. Great bullet but for prairie dogs, the 75gr Speer HP is cheaper, available and much more explosive on small critters. Both shoot good in my 6mm rifles.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010936974?pid=572694

Last edited by Halvin; 11/12/23.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Anyone have some 70 or 75 gr Sierra Varmiters in .243 they don't need. I could use 200 of them.Prairie dogs need to go. None in stock online or locally.

PM me.... we can see what I can part with....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Halvin
I'm running Sierra #1510 75gr HP Varminters and could part with a couple of boxes. Great bullet but for prairie dogs, the 75gr Speer HP is cheaper, available and much more explosive on small critters. Both shoot good in my 6mm rifles.

Not to hijack- hoping the OP got what he needed. I tried to find some of what he wanted but no luck.
Halvin- just curious if you have gotten any heavier Speer's to shoot in your 6mm? I have a Remington 6mm (no....not .244) and gave up on the 90 hotcores.

Sorry for bit of a hijack here.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

Appreciate the info, but the savings would be gone since I would have to work up a load for them. The range is an 80mile round trip.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by anothergun
I hope you don't mind if I share about Sierra's buy out and that any one would know how it effects production.

Mid 2017, OLD news.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
maybe to your conceited ass.

My example of buy outs with companies financial instability never recovers from where they once were originally, THAT'S MY POINT.

Last edited by anothergun; 11/13/23.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Seen sierra 50, 52, 55grs in my local wal mart over the past few months, Speers 50 and 55 gr are sitting there too, in 243 there was 2 boxes of 85gr hpbt don't know where they came from but I do know where there going, and nosler 70gr ballistic tips, and 95gr ballistic tips

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have had a large number of different Sierra bullets on my MidSouth notification list for about two years, and so far the only ones that showed up were some 6.5's. No 22's or 6mm's. MidSouth is usually pretty good about getting stuff in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 222Sako, 66 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,790
Posts18,496,063
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.