These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Boomers catch so much crap that I just felt like throwing some back. lol,..

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Some folks only respect old age in a bottle. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like Barnard in the background of the 2023 pic.

GOA
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Boomers catch so much crap that I just felt like throwing some back. lol,..

Lol, I could care less, they can suck my Boomer Dick!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They called them 1% ers for a reason they were polar opposite of the other 99% of boomers. They were holdovers from the boomers parents generation that fought the world wars, built the dams, the skyscrapers etc. all without social security and union jobs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Looks like Barnard in the background of the 2023 pic.

LMAO ! 😂😂😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The top pic reminds me of a good metaphorical documentary on the Boomer generation: the movie Easy Rider.

Two motorcycle boomers contract with a Jew to import drugs from Mexicans up to California. The Jew makes it clear he is going to push these drugs on White school kids but the boomers really want to have a Good Time so that doesn't bother them. They use the profit to finance a motorcycle trip across the country to Mardi Gras, and during the journey they engage in all sorts of degeneracy: drugs, casual sex, drugs, visiting a boomer hippie commune where everyone is on drugs, laughing at the local peasants. Normal boomer stuff.

They meet a guy who they befriend, and when he gets killed they just leave his corpse on the side of the road so their Good Time is not interrupted. They do visit the whorehouse their dead friend recommended, where they do drugs with the hookers. A Good Time is had by all.

Important symbolism is present through the entire movie. One of the main boomers is decorated with US flags and so is his motorcycle. In pursuit of his Good Time he rides that motorcycle until it is literally destroyed, never once having a care for its future.

Really good movie if you have the time and you watch it for what it is.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm thinking the motorcycle pic is about 1973, not 83.

By 1983 even the most hardazz bikers had learned the wisdom of front brakes. Those are fairly old school Bay Area style motorcycles.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I really really miss the "Chucklehead" days...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
What's your opinion on the gen x guys Bristoe?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Stickfight
The top pic reminds me of a good metaphorical documentary on the Boomer generation: the movie Easy Rider.

Two motorcycle boomers contract with a Jew to import drugs from Mexicans up to California. The Jew makes it clear he is going to push these drugs on White school kids but the boomers really want to have a Good Time so that doesn't bother them. They use the profit to finance a motorcycle trip across the country to Mardi Gras, and during the journey they engage in all sorts of degeneracy: drugs, casual sex, drugs, visiting a boomer hippie commune where everyone is on drugs, laughing at the local peasants. Normal boomer stuff.

They meet a guy who they befriend, and when he gets killed they just leave his corpse on the side of the road so their Good Time is not interrupted. They do visit the whorehouse their dead friend recommended, where they do drugs with the hookers. A Good Time is had by all.

Important symbolism is present through the entire movie. One of the main boomers is decorated with US flags and so is his motorcycle. In pursuit of his Good Time he rides that motorcycle until it is literally destroyed, never once having a care for its future.

JFC, you're such a tool.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by crittrgittr

Oh,..they seem okay. I'm a Generation Jones Boomer,.. came of age in the mid 70s. So the *real* Boomers that went to Vietnam and did the 60's counterculture thing were a few years before my time. Generation Jones was pretty much a cheap imitation of the original Boomers.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by crittrgittr

Oh,..they seem okay. I'm a Generation Jones Boomer,.. came of age in the mid 70s. So the *real* Boomers that went to Vietnam and did the 60's counterculture thing were a few years before my time. Generation Jones was pretty much a cheap imitation of the original Boomers.

SO... by definition... you are a cheap imitation of what real men should be?

Please help me understand the value in that?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a bike for a minute. I realized that I didn’t like riding as much as I thought that I would and sold it. I live in a small town with one strip of highway and not much else. If I lived somewhere with boulevards to cruise I probably would have had more fun with it.

The tires were replaced with whitewalls. The ape hangers were cool but I’m 6’3” with short legs a 30”-32” inseam. I’m all torso and arms. Even with the 16” handlebars they never looked right. They looked good on the bike IMO but my hands were only about mid chest high. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Or do I misunderstand that Boomer are useless...

Or Heros?

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Stickfight

If you want some *real* good stuff to rag on the Boomers about read Tom Wolfe's "Electric Kool Aid Acid Test"--about Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters on their bus trip.

"Easy Rider" Was Hollywood's Boomers. Ken Kesey and his bunch pretty much kicked off the 60s counterculture movement in real life. Although some people might attribute it to Jack Kerouac and the beatniks--"On The Road" and all of that new age poetry stuff. Although there was significant blending of the two groups at that time since beatnik Neal Cassidy was the driver of the hippies Merry Prankster bus. The real 60s counterculture movement didn't really last all that long. Charles Manson, of the Silent generation pretty much put the hiatus on it in 1969. So it was only a 4 or 5 year phenomenon.

Anybody remember Maynard G. Krebs?

That's who he was before he became Gilligan.

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 12344mag, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,148
Posts18,502,795
Members73,991
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.